Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Hasn't it been proven already that both Remdesivir and Plasma Therapy don't really work for CoVID. Then why is there still a demand for them.

Spoke to a friend from Kolkata over phone. Bengal is having election when daily new case load is close to 1.5L. Insanity !!
Really? I don't find it to be insanity. It's insanity when there are sane people around. You lived here for the better part of your life right? You sure know how things work here. Politics is the priority ultimatum. Corona delaying election? Not sure buddy but I guess you are dreaming. Hearing they will also conduct exams next month, I mean PHYSICALLY. Probably the only country in the world doing that. Yes, the aim here is to achieve herd immunity. They could care less about how many get affected or die in order to achieve the same.

If we are going towards hard immunity then I don't think it will help much. There is still no evidence that our immune system will be able to protect against all variants of the virus, especially when we don't know how many mutations it will undergo.

Hasn't it been proven already that both Remdesivir and Plasma Therapy don't really work for CoVID. Then why is there still a demand for them.
Very true...basically nothing works against this virus, at least there's NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE in any study anywhere.
In fact Remdesivir has been banned in some parts of Europe. But physicians are still using it as there's nothing left to try.
In fact except mRNA vaccines, ALL OTHER VACCINES INCLUDING COVISHIELD AND COVAXIN have practically statistically insignificant protective values, this is why you won't find any reliable stage 3 trial results for them. If you go to Bharat Biotech's official website, won't find anything useful except exactly 4 very poorly written published articles about Covaxin ( yes, just 4 including one animal study report) and the company was established only in 1996 and despite wild media claims, they didn't make any significant contribution to any vaccine development before this.
Yes, Moderna is even smaller, but they have done really extensive work in last 16 months and everything is available in public domain.
In last 8-10 days, at least 20 doctors from India I personally know have been infected even after 2 doses of vaccines and at least 12 of them have moderate to severe disease. 3 have very serious disease.
What exactly are these vaccines doing? Why no journal is publishing post marketing trials ( from Kolkata itself at least 3 papers have been submitted in last 1 week, I have copies of 2 of them)?
If we are going towards hard immunity then I don't think it will help much. There is still no evidence that our immune system will be able to protect against all variants of the virus, especially when we don't know how many mutations it will undergo.
Even if herd immunity works after 70-74 percent infection, and if we take 0.84 percent mortality ( that's just below the 50th percentile of all countries with at least 50k cases and population density lower to India by 20-30 percent... basically the best scenario...it has been calculated individually by many statisticians...76 to be precise and the calculated mortality ranges between 0.84 to 3.8 percent) the total number of deaths will be heartbreaking.
Of course I don't know of any solution, but India should have given proper vaccines a try instead of relying on distilled water, pyrogens, some virion particles, aluminium hydroxide gel, previously untested chemicals and a genetically modified virus ( which can cause false positive HIV...yep, Covishield is the first vaccine to use crispr cas9 induced genetically modified active virus..guess what they used with covid 19...human simian virus!!)

Last edited:
Very true...basically nothing works against this virus, at least there's NO CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE in any study anywhere.
In fact Remdesivir has been banned in some parts of Europe. But physicians are still using it as there's nothing left to try.
In fact except mRNA vaccines, ALL OTHER VACCINES INCLUDING COVISHIELD AND COVAXIN have practically statistically insignificant protective values, this is why you won't find any reliable stage 3 trial results for them. If you go to Bharat Biotech's official website, won't find anything useful except exactly 4 very poorly written published articles about Covaxin ( yes, just 4 including one animal study report) and the company was established only in 1996 and despite wild media claims, they didn't make any significant contribution to any vaccine development before this.
Yes, Moderna is even smaller, but they have done really extensive work in last 16 months and everything is available in public domain.
In last 8-10 days, at least 20 doctors from India I personally know have been infected even after 2 doses of vaccines and at least 12 of them have moderate to severe disease. 3 have very serious disease.
What exactly are these vaccines doing? Why no journal is publishing post marketing trials ( from Kolkata itself at least 3 papers have been submitted in last 1 week, I have copies of 2 of them)?

Even if herd immunity works after 70-74 percent infection, and if we take 0.84 percent mortality ( that's just below the 50th percentile of all countries with at least 50k cases and population density lower to India by 20-30 percent... basically the best scenario...it has been calculated individually by many statisticians...76 to be precise and the calculated mortality ranges between 0.84 to 3.8 percent) the total number of deaths will be heartbreaking.
Of course I don't know of any solution, but India should have given proper vaccines a try instead of relying on distilled water, pyrogens, some virion particles, aluminium hydroxide gel, previously untested chemicals and a genetically modified virus ( which can cause false positive HIV...yep, Covishield is the first vaccine to use crispr cas9 induced genetically modified active virus..guess what they used with covid 19...human simian virus!!)
so what are your recommendations, if one is mildly affected and is at home.

Hi
I have 4 queries regarding CoVID:
  1. Is there any test to find Vividh antibodies in a person thus proving they've had Covid in past and have recovered from it?
  2. Does having such antibodies means a person is now "immune" to it?
  3. If a person has Covid antibodies then is vaccine of any use?
  4. If it's not sure that one will be able to get the 2nd shot of the vaccine then does going for first shot even makes sense?

so what are your recommendations, if one is mildly affected and is at home.
Nothing really.... except acetaminophen, hydration, keeping a close watch for any subcutaneous, mucosal bleeding ( if on oral anticoagulation) or evidence of thrombosis and oxygen saturation.
Cough suppressant ( a controversial topic, but I usually resort to low dose short term codeine, haven't seen anything bad with it)
Some people are using doxycycline, ivermectin, a shit ton of calcium, vit D and MVs, never used them, never will.
Hi
I have 4 queries regarding CoVID:
  1. Is there any test to find Vividh antibodies in a person thus proving they've had Covid in past and have recovered from it?
  2. Does having such antibodies means a person is now "immune" to it?
  3. If a person has Covid antibodies then is vaccine of any use?
  4. If it's not sure that one will be able to get the 2nd shot of the vaccine then does going for first shot even makes sense?
1. Yes, there are..you only check for IgG and IgM
2. Unfortunately no. We are yet to know what level of antibody is protective ( hepatitis B vaccine works because we know how much antibody, i.e antibody titre is protective)
3. Theoretically yes ( as protective titre is not known) but nobody knows how exactly all these vaccines work ( except mRNA vaccines)
4. No idea. In fact any vaccination program needs to be stopped when rate of new infection is very high in a geographical area. It definitely worsens the scenario. I don't know why they are still vaccinating people @ Mumbai...this is a very basic concept.

Last edited:
Get well soon bro, @raksrules
Because to us it's still considered as efficient as wearing a mask. Another important thing is those masks they are wearing. I mean forget surgical what they wear look worse and more used than my dead grandpa's chaddi.
I agree. There was this one person on road who wore a surgical mask. Everything was mint except his nasal area(probably due to sweat, dust). It was so disgusting to see. Corona or not, he will definitely have some nasal or other respiratory infection.
@red dragon @alekhkhanna I got this WA forward and I was thinking of deleting it. But just wanted to have an opinion from you guys before I scold the person for being a self-doctor.

Attachments

• SAVE_20210412_090930.jpg
    SAVE_20210412_090930.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
While m no Doctor, but even I can call Bull***t on the above "infomercial". Hydroxychloroquine isn't a candy to be popped daily.
Dexona is a steroidal drug, which even Doctors think twice before prescribing. Dolo 650 is a very high dosage of Paracetamol and whatever rest maybe, self-medication is never an answer.
@Tejas01 Shut it down like a mosquito on balls, quickly but tactfully.

Last edited:

I agree. There was this one person on road who wore a surgical mask. Everything was mint except his nasal area(probably due to sweat, dust). It was so disgusting to see. Corona or not, he will definitely have some nasal or other respiratory infection.
@red dragon @alekhkhanna I got this WA forward and I was thinking of deleting it. But just wanted to have an opinion from you guys before I scold the person for being a self-doctor.
Dexamethasone @ 5mg / day is of no use logically. HCQS has been proven to be non useful statistically.
Why the hell everyone attaches a WHO symbol with everything!!??
It's not even in the proper colour...all internal documents and genuine public notices have a simple blue symbol or a blue rubber stamp, it's never black/ green or a weird shade of green- blue.

Last edited:
Dexamethasone @ 5mg / day is of no use logically. HCQS has been proven to be non useful statistically.
Why the hell everyone attaches a WHO symbol with everything!!??
It's not even in the proper colour...all internal documents and genuine public notices have a simple blue symbol or a blue rubber stamp, it's never black/ green or a weird shade of green- blue.
Because such Plagiarists have mindset of a kindergartner; "Color Everything!" to make it stand out and make it look authentic.

Burn your phone with fire, wash your eyes with vitriol.

Jk jk. :p

HCQS is known to be useless. Steroids have to given cautiously, specially in co morbid patients (for ex: will shoot up the blood sugar wildly in diabetics).
If anybody is suggestive of COVID, please please please get an HRCT, even if you're asymptomatic or mildly symptomatic. We have seen asymptomatic cases with lung damage only on HRCT (and as suggested by SPO2).

Back