Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

@red dragon am not in India. The place am in, now Pfizer is free for all, earlier was restricted to 40+yrs old and for people with co-morbidities.

'India has enough oxygen, but transport a problem'.
“People need to understand that this is not the government’s doing. There is supply demand variance where some states have excess supply."

^This dude trying to save face on behalf of govt. Wondering where his actual voices are coming from... Seems we now have a pro-industrialist (not pro-industry) govt. these days. Sheesh...

Last edited:
^^ Is it Pfizer only or both Pfizer and Moderna? Do you have a choice?
Where I'm at, it was either Pfizer or Moderna (both free but can't choose)

on 15th my parents were vaccinated with covishield 1 dose, but ironically they didn't get any side effects like fever ,tiredness etc .I am aware that every body is different .I wanted to know is this normal ? will their body generate antibodies ?

@red dragon Pfizer is one option, other is Sinopharm.

Those who got Chinese vaccine are getting infected +ve, left, right and center. Few weeks after 2nd dose, some very very very healthy people got admitted into hospital with fever and chest infection, but tested -ve for Covid19. Those are the kind of guys who rarely ever visited a hospital in their entire life. So, in general there is a distrust towards Chinese vaccine.

Only few people get proper immunity from Chinese vaccine it seems.

@red dragon Pfizer is one option, other is Sinopharm.

Those who got Chinese vaccine are getting infected +ve, left, right and center. Few weeks after 2nd dose, some very very very healthy people got admitted into hospital with fever and chest infection, but tested -ve for Covid19. Those are the kind of guys who rarely ever visited a hospital in their entire life. So, in general there is a distrust towards Chinese vaccine.

Only few people get proper immunity from Chinese vaccine it seems.
so you are in UAE middle east :p

on 15th my parents were vaccinated with covishield 1 dose, but ironically they didn't get any side effects like fever ,tiredness etc .I am aware that every body is different .I wanted to know is this normal ? will their body generate antibodies ?
Perfectly normal.
Regarding antibody generation: NOBODY knows for sure if there's any protective antibody after vaccination ( any vaccine)

Genome sequencing, the study of genetic structures of an organism and the changes happening therein, produces a wealth of information that can throw light on the origins of the virus, the routes it has taken to reach a particular geography and the changes, or mutations, that are making the virus stronger or weaker.

Such information is crucial not just in designing control measures, but also in the development of drugs and vaccines. In fact, the early availability of gene sequences from China, United States and some other countries is one key reason why a vaccine could be developed in such a record time.

In India, however, genome sequencing crawled – in the first six months, India had barely done a few hundred sequences, when countries like China, the UK and US, had done several thousand and submitted these in public global depositories for scientists across the world to study.

It was only in January this year that the government set up the Indian SARS-CoV2 Genomics Consortium (INSACOG) to expedite the gene sequencing effort from India through a network of 10 laboratories.

The INSACOG was initially allocated Rs 115 crore for a six-month period. The money was to come from the Central government. However, no additional allocation was made and the Department of Biotechnology was asked to find the money from its own resources. The first tranche of money could be released only on March 31, the last day of the financial year. The allocation itself has been reduced to about Rs 80 – crore because that’s what the DBT could come up with.

The case of the double mutant variant is a very good example of how policy stumbled. “It was detected way back. It was found again in November and December. By February, this variant is exploding, almost coinciding with the surge in Maharashtra. The discovery should have been acted upon immediately. But nothing happened. Now we are fire-fighting,” said the scientist quoted earlier.

Taking my mother @ 57 for her first shot tomorrow. Already stocked up on Azithro, Paracetamol and Rabeprazole and Lactobacillus. She isn't on any medication or has any co-morbidity. Had Arthritis way back in her 30s.

My sister's M-i-L is critical, on Oxygen, needs Remdesivir. They got 1 vial @ 10,000 but unable to source another one at the moment.

One of my young and distant relative is hospitalised and is in need of remdesivir injection, however his parents are not able to find it anywhere.

Let me know if anyone can help with its procurement or know someone who has it in stock.

The B.1.167 is really bothersome. A friend of mine working in UK ( a molecular biologist, working in Sanger institute) sent a report on potential immune escape of this variant based on the behaviour of B.1.1.7 ( UK variant)
This may not only render the vaccines useless ( that's not the main concern) but also can reinfect a significant number of people, who may not be severely symptomatic themselves but can act like perfect spreaders.
However, with 3 lakh daily caseload, it's not easy to treat patients, send samples for sequencing and most importantly follow and document the results.
Things get even more complicated when a simultaneous massive nation wide immunization program is going on.
Relatively smaller European countries struggled last March- July/ August last year with case spikes even without a parallel vaccination program to take care of.
India is possibly going through the worst of challenges this epidemic has brought since 2019 and must understand one simple fact,
Vaccination won't bring down this kind of surge.
One country must protect the sick first and once the things are slightly under control, vaccinate RAPIDLY ( stockpile in the meantime...people who are into vaccine production/ procurement etc. are not healthcare providers)
Assuming these vaccines work, the key to bring down the incidence rate is very rapid vaccination, which is simply not possible at this time.
And if these vaccines behave like any other vaccine known to mankind, it's actually contraindicated to engage in active vaccination activities during a raging epidemic.
A strange observation: I have been tested at least 9-10 times while in Spain, thrice after vaccination ( as my wife had pretty severe post vaccination symptoms, she was also tested positive in April/ May in 2020) all were negative. I had mild attacks of sore throat, malaise etc.at least 10 times in last 1 year.
My antibody titre always ( both PRNT90 & PRNT50) remained negative ( tested thrice since January, as I participated in a study) but I'm pretty sure we both had breakthrough covid ( wife was positive twice for PRNT90, 50, once for PRNT50)
I sincerely believe nicotine attaches to ACE 2 receptors ( hence increased surface expression) and acts as competitive inhibitor ( fully aware of the fact that almost double surface expression has been tried to associate with increased susceptibility) and also prevents cytokine storms.

Last edited:
The B.1.167 is really bothersome. A friend of mine working in UK ( a molecular biologist, working in Sanger institute) sent a report on potential immune escape of this variant based on the behaviour of B.1.1.7 ( UK variant)
This may not only render the vaccines useless ( that's not the main concern) but also can reinfect a significant number of people, who may not be severely symptomatic themselves but can act like perfect spreaders.
However, with 3 lakh daily caseload, it's not easy to treat patients, send samples for sequencing and most importantly follow and document the results.
Things get even more complicated when a simultaneous massive nation wide immunization program is going on.
Relatively smaller European countries struggled last March- July/ August last year with case spikes even without a parallel vaccination program to take care of.
India is possibly going through the worst of challenges this epidemic has brought since 2019 and must understand one simple fact,
Vaccination won't bring down this kind of surge.
One country must protect the sick first and once the things are slightly under control, vaccinate RAPIDLY ( stockpile in the meantime...people who are into vaccine production/ procurement etc. are not healthcare providers)
Assuming these vaccines work, the key to bring down the incidence rate is very rapid vaccination, which is simply not possible at this time.
And if these vaccines behave like any other vaccine known to mankind, it's actually contraindicated to engage in active vaccination activities during a raging epidemic.
A strange observation: I have been tested at least 9-10 times while in Spain, thrice after vaccination ( as my wife had pretty severe post vaccination symptoms, she was also tested positive in April/ May in 2020) all were negative. I had mild attacks of sore throat, malaise etc.at least 10 times in last 1 year.
My antibody titre always ( both PRNT90 & PRNT50) remained negative ( tested thrice since January, as I participated in a study) but I'm pretty sure we both had breakthrough covid ( wife was positive twice for PRNT90, 50, once for PRNT50)
I sincerely believe nicotine attaches to ACE 2 receptors ( hence increased surface expression) and acts as competitive inhibitor ( fully aware of the fact that almost double surface expression has been tried to associate with increased susceptibility) and also prevents cytokine storms.
I read sometime back in the Hindu that people with regular intake of nicotine have lesser chance of getting COVID.Atleast that's what I understood.

So Sutta marna sahi hai?
Works for me... but won't recommend..
And I stopped smoking since corona started, or at least lowered to an abnormal extent. Couldn't you have said this earlier? Just need whatever excuse available really.
How did you stop? I gave up... please don't start again...great job man!!
@mannrak2003 Can you please share the link from Hindu for the article or even the date of publication of newspaper would suffice.
Need to read this.
Google France / Paris hospital smoking and covid trial..

I quit cold turkey on 26th December 2019
Haven't had any since, neither craved any either even though both of my neighbors are practically "Chimnies"
How did I do it, simple Cigarette k pyaar se badi Maa ki chappal ki maar
Hahaha congrats dude!
Some great once said - mummy ki mithai aur pitai dono ek XD

Back