Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

They used Beta Propiolactone (BPL). it's been used since a long time for inactivated influenza, polio, rabies etc vaccines. The genetic material is rendered inert. Spike proteins remain intact.
Aluminum added as an adjuvant (again, like tons of others vaccines).
I don't know how true the efficacy is, but their methods sure aren't unscientific in developing the vaccine.
That's the whole problem. The Architecture of Inactivated SARS-CoV-2 with Postfusion Spikes doesn't elicit any immun- response even in in-vitro studies.
That was the basic problem in developing an effective vaccine against covid like Rabies etc.
That's why it's such a safe vaccine...it doesn't elicit anything in vivo!!
I must go into little technicalities here. This ham handed approach may sound very simple and easy specially with so many pre existing BPL inactivation approach.
1. BPL only disassemble S1 protein of spike from S2 protein ( only observed in older strains..NOT A SINGLE STUDY HAS BEEN DONE WITH ANY SINGLE POINT MUTANT VARIANT...NONE!!)
2. Cryoelectron tomography and subtomogram are the only way to ascertain the disassembly. And averaging of these spikes yielding a density map that closely matches the overall structure of the SARS-CoV postfusion spike and its corresponding glycosylation sites in human is the only conclusive proof that this vaccine is even capable of producing any immune response.
Where exactly Bharat Biotech is publishing these extremely crucial things?
And this is only asking the first two most basic questions...if they can satisfy with their explanation, it's just the beginning.
These things are not difficult at all and doesn't even touch the crazy science of immunity. This is just very basic microbiology and I'm not a microbiologist. But we do have microbiologists...some good ones, who actually demonstrated us the mechanism of action of the vaccines available. Even they couldn't decipher how Covaxin works.
I will be more than happy to dig way deeper this Sunday. But nobody has any answers, but there are thousands of unanswered questions.
MOA of Covishield is far more difficult, but as it was kind of an open source project, anyone can look up what has been done with that vaccine ( it's even more weird involving a very little understood extremely scary virus)
Only the mRNA vaccines are non scary and very easy to understand.
Disclaimer: I'm not an anti vaxxer and have taken 2 doses of a vaccine months ago. I'm not an expert in immunolgy or vaccine development.
But as a doctor of public health, I have full right to ask questions about vaccines and may suggest one vaccine over another (only because I don't understand how it works, not because one is superior/ inferior over another)

Last edited:
Well if this is true then no matter the seller the item cannot be a counterfeit right?
Yes.it will show on which date product was validated before.and few n 95 respirators models comes under safe guard process you can't validate every 3m product.kindly read on 3m official website.i have pack of 50 n95 9105 masks which I cannot validate on 3m site.
Regards

Last edited:
@red dragon
Is this cornoavirus similar to feline panleukopenia virus? My vet told to vaccinate all my cats as he is seeing surge in Panleukopenia cases in cat since this corona thing started i think he is playing a salesman here it will cost me around 10k. if you have any idea do let me know.

@red dragon
Is this cornoavirus similar to feline panleukopenia virus? My vet told to vaccinate all my cats as he is seeing surge in Panleukopenia cases in cat since this corona thing started i think he is playing a salesman here it will cost me around 10k. if you have any idea do let me know.
Vets are notorious for that.

No idea mate...10K for a vaccine?
All of us forgot to wish the nurses yesterday ( on nurse's day)!!
None of us bought any gifts either...
Will be cooking for them for Sunday lunch...Svíčková na smetaně, our famous dish. Can't use beef here, will replace it with mutton. Now buying meat from the roadside shop is going to be an experience for my colleagues.

One of them bought a belt from Gariahat footpath stall for 1900 INR ( thinking he got a great bargain) it's not even proper leather, shouldn't cost more than 500 INR.

In this tragic time, they are providing constant comic relief. This afternoon we decided to use public transport ( forgot that we are wearing those creepy looking P100 masks), the conductor didn't ask for tickets. Before getting down, I asked him "koto 3 joner"? How much for 3 tickets...he said...kichu na, kichu na...nothing, nothing.. probably thought we escaped from some asylum or something.

Last edited:
Can anyone suggest a good infrared thermometer ?
I am using this since July'2020. It's quite accurate, shows 0.5 F less than mercury thermometers.

Nearly 300 Mucormycosis cases in Ahmedabad alone. WTF ! :(
----------

Where exactly Bharat Biotech is publishing these extremely crucial things?

Unfortunately they are the only ones who have applied and granted approval for pediatric vaccine trials in India.
If Covaxin doesn't work, we are truly ****ed.

Last edited:
Really didn't want to post in this thread...but it's probably important. A group of people started spreading a message in whatsapp that certain hospitals in Kolkata have run out of steroids and urged people to start taking oral steroids.
Yesterday we had 3 patients with severe pain abdomen, hematemesis ( vomiting blood), they were taking both decdan and wysolone tablets!!

----------

Unfortunately they are the only ones who have applied and granted approval for pediatric vaccine trials in India.
Sincerely hoping it works in some mysterious ways that's beyond comprehension of today's knowledge...
It's so difficult to understand most of India's medical decision in recent times...I'm out of India's medical system only for 6 years and already feel like an alien.
Have you seen haloperidol drops given through nasal route?

Last edited:
Sputnik is a 2 vector vaccine. Beyond the basic mechanism of action, don't know much.
The other one is a plasmid vaccine. Plasmids are safe but what protein are they trying to encode is the question.
Do these new technology vaccines have an off switch (using a layman's language)? Or to put it differently do they stop encoding the spike proteins after some time?

At least this confirms covaxin also works

Both Covishield and Covaxin, while effective at generating an immune response against the coronavirus, appear to generate only half as many antibodies against the B.1.617 strain, or the Indian strain, according to a series of early reports authored by scientists at the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). Several scientists told The Hindu that this drop didn't diminish the fact that the vaccines continued to be potent tool against COVID-19.

I feel that even after 14-20 days when we have sort of recovered, it may take another 1-2 months to get back to prime shape as not everything feels great in body. I suggest not to exert a lot for now and take things slowly.
True, still feel tired, especially in the evenings feeling very tired :(

Whatever people think, she is doing an EXEMPLARY job at reporting ground realities.

RNFXwBC.jpg

----------

I know a relative in Ahmedabad whose wife died of this black fungus. But we were told that developed in her stomach. No idea if it can happen or not.

Last edited:

1621066570760.png

yet another person who took covishield died, this time its my colleague's father ( 70+ age).
First dose was taken mid-april and second dose recently. health gradually deteriorated after 2nd dose - No major symptoms or anything indicative that need medical attention... everything happens very quickly.
Reason of death officially declared as covid :(

Back