Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

1.https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2007764
How are we fooling ourselves!!
2. Get admitted if you are having SOB with minimal exertion. Don't trust ANY PULSE OXYMETER, I only trust ABG, nothing else for hypoxia.
3. NO, YOU SHOULD NOT WORRY and stop taking vitamin D, it's a fat soluble vitamin and often cause hypercalcemia ( your tongue numbness may be an early sign, but I'm not sure)
Unless you are not having SOB, stop worrying. And NEVER TAKE ANY anti lung fibrosis medication. They JUST DON'T WORK.
Live a normal and careful life to avoid another infection, that's it!! All the best.
OK.. that helps.
Any thoughts on why my frozen shoulder suddenly disappeared? Another positive impact I see is that I have been suffering from irritating back aches all through the day for many years. It is irritating but not really troublesome. I always feel like sitting in a massage chair or asking my son to walk on my back and legs to relieve the stress in the muscles. Now after COVID even the pains in the body has disappeared. Is this the result of some medication that I am on.

I have been given the following for 15 days.
  1. Chewable Vitamin C tablet - 500MG - twice daily
  2. Zinc Acetate - 50mg - Twice daily (now asked to stop)
  3. Calcium & Cholecalciferol - 60K Once a week for 6 weeks
  4. Famotidine - 40mg - Twice Daily
  5. Apixaban - 2.5mg - Twice Daily
  6. Levocetirizine (5mg) + Montelukast (10mg) - Twice daily (now asked to stop)
  7. Ascoril D Plus (Phenylephrine (5mg) + Chlorpheniramine Maleate (2mg) + Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (10mg)) - Thrice daily - Now Stopped as coughing has stopped.
  8. Dexamethasone (4mg - first 5 days) / 2mg next 5 days / 1 mg next 5 days - once day
  9. Telmisartan 40 mg - Continue using for BP
  10. Metoprolol Succinate (23.75mg) - Continue using for BP
Would any of the 1 to 8 medication have resulted in my frozen shoulder and body aches issue being resolved / alleviated? Thanks for taking the time to go through this.

Your aches and pains are better due to rest and steroids.
You may feel even slightly euphoric due to steroids.
How long do you need to take Eliquis?
Eliquis is Apixaban.
No need to thank me buddy...I'm doing nothing beside taking care of a mildly febrile and extremely irritable wife, who got sick due to this ****ing vaccine.

Report to your physician immediately if you have even minor bleeding while brushing, make sure that you don't have constipation ( however this is half dose of Apixaban, you should be fine)
This is what I wanted to ask, what's the point in giving half dose of prophylactic NOAC?
I'm only aware of conclusive studies regarding effective prophylactic dose of Apixaban in non valvular cardio embolic stroke...and that dose is 5mg BD.

Report to your physician immediately if you have even minor bleeding while brushing, make sure that you don't have constipation ( however this is half dose of Apixaban, you should be fine)
This is what I wanted to ask, what's the point in giving half dose of prophylactic NOAC?
I'm only aware of conclusive studies regarding effective prophylactic dose of Apixaban in non valvular cardio embolic stroke...and that dose is 5mg BD.
Not sure what BD is but I am taking 2.5 mg twice a day. So far no bleeding but then I have avoided all kinds of cuts including shaving and cutting nails.

So I don't get this! We need to keep up our hygiene right? To fight this virus? What's hygiene anyway? Keeping ourselves clean right? Washing hands often, use sanitizer when outside, wear masks etc.? But then it's said that better hygiene is disproportionate to immunity. So we need to improve our hygiene but trade immunity for that? Yet this virus is less deadly for people who have better immunity, thereby less hygiene? So why bother with hygiene at first place? I'm so lost.

So I don't get this! We need to keep up our hygiene right? To fight this virus? What's hygiene anyway? Keeping ourselves clean right? Washing hands often, use sanitizer when outside, wear masks etc.? But then it's said that better hygiene is disproportionate to immunity. So we need to improve our hygiene but trade immunity for that? Yet this virus is less deadly for people who have better immunity, thereby less hygiene? So why bother with hygiene at first place? I'm so lost.
this would help to break the chain ,the less infected people would help reducing the spread of the virus

With covid there's no such thing as experts. We still know nothing about this virus, yet we've developed vaccines and made it mandatory...I had terrible headache for a day after receiving the first shot..it was so SEVERE, thought I am having SAH!! It's ok for us, but imagine this kind of splitting headache to an elderly person!!
It subsided after 8 grams of acetaminophen.
My wife is still having fever and myalgia ( from Saturday morning)
I really attacked my colleagues who have already received 2 doses of the vaccine, ALL OF THEM had these symptoms.
2 of them didn't even take the 2nd dose (they received it on papers, 2nd dose being NS solution...we know the people giving us the shots...so no problem with the paperwork)
We've decided to skip the 2nd dose....our kid is just 5 and needs his parents (at least one) alive.
1.Which vaccine were you taking ,Sir ?
2. Is it related to any of the two which got approval in India ?

Yes, nails don't bleed but I tend to clip my nails deep.
Don't do this. I do the same and now i have black vertical line on my big toe. It just not going away! Read on Google it could either be some heart related problem or some splinter hemorrhage.

I still cut deep but have lessened the amount. I am lazy, hate big nails and i cut deep because i have to cut at lesser interval, none of these are practical reasonings.

Yes, nails don't bleed but I tend to clip my nails deep.
Please don't do it. It will eventually cause splinter hemorrhages and visible pigmentation in the nail bed.
Off topic, but I really want to let you guys know ( most of you probably know already) Don't use earbuds to clean the external ear canal. The buds are for cleaning inner ridged areas of the pinna.
Unless you have impacted ear wax, there is no need to clean it regularly, the ear wax is there for a reason.

Please don't do it. It will eventually cause splinter hemorrhages and visible pigmentation in the nail bed.
Off topic, but I really want to let you guys know ( most of you probably know already) Don't use earbuds to clean the external ear canal. The buds are for cleaning inner ridged areas of the pinna.
Unless you have impacted ear wax, there is no need to clean it regularly, the ear wax is there for a reason.
Oh brother i used to clean my ears every night before going to sleep. I mean I have severe sleep apnea anyway but those nights i forgot to scratch them ears i failed to get that lovely 3 to 4 hours of sleep even. Because when i didn't there was a problem with my throat and the combination of ear and throat affected the brain, like it signalled me to just scratch them. It's like trying to not scratch a place which is begging for it.

Then in August, 2019 one night i had so severe pain that couldn't sleep, had to take a pill and all. Since then I still have that urge of scratching but it's just 2 times a week now, that too I'm noticing happening mostly on rapid weather changes.

So while you know better obviously as a doctor, I as a victim can just say it's just a terrible thing to scratch ears regularly. I wish i could be one of them ignorant people who don't have these feelings. Maybe it's a nerve problem or what?

Last edited:
I also didn't know the earbud thing and have a bad habit of cleaning the ear with anything available...was using a match stick ( it's kind of addictive )...my wife caught me in the act...gave a long lecture...

I take Ashwagandha daily before sleep, 1/2 tea spoon powder mix with warm water.
  1. Ashwagandha improves the body's defense against disease by improving the cell-mediated immunity. It possesses antioxidant that help protect against cellular damage caused by free radicals.
  2. Ashwagandha is an ancient medicinal herb with multiple health benefits. It can reduce anxiety and stress, help fight depression, boost fertility and testosterone in men, and even boost brain function.
  3. Supplementing with ashwagandha may be an easy and effective way to improve your health and quality of life.
  4. And will not get cold or fever, even if you are sensitive to cold water or climate.

Back