Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Just trying to be cautious here that's all.

I completely understand that man. But I couldn't find Boston Ivy Healthcare on 3M site either but I am pretty sure they do sell authentic material as a) they deal in healthcare products already and b) a couple of people, including my brother bought and received authentic stuff from them.
Sometimes some companies aren't authorised retailers which are listed on the website. I just saw that Healthy 18 sells a lot of 3M stuff on Amazon apart from masks. So based my decision keeping that in mind as well. Nothing beats buying from the authorised seller/distributor but not everyone has that option these days, so have to take a calculated risk.

As if Big Pharma is gonna let that happen, why sell one shot that protects against a whole lot when you can sell newer vaccines and booster shots every few months.
I guess you are ignoring the concept of profits through disruption and the zealousness of competition in pharma.

Sure the established players will never do much work in this area but some upstart might take a chance and upend their model. They will make a ton of profit by themselves. Even if you look at mRNA Moderna and BioNTech were not big players before COVID. Furthermore Moderna started in 2010 and BioNTech in 2008 so they are young'uns compared to big pharma.

Kind of similar to how Kodak died due to the onsluaght of digital cameras by other manufacturers although they created the digital camera themselves.

Technically if its possible in our lifetime or not is another story.

I guess you are ignoring the concept of profits through disruption and the zealousness of competition in pharma.

Sure the established players will never do much work in this area but some upstart might take a chance and upend their model. They will make a ton of profit by themselves. Even if you look at mRNA Moderna and BioNTech were not big players before COVID. Furthermore Moderna started in 2010 and BioNTech in 2008 so they are young'uns compared to big pharma.

Kind of similar to how Kodak died due to the onsluaght of digital cameras by other manufacturers although they created the digital camera themselves.

Technically if its possible in our lifetime or not is another story.
it all depends upon the intent ,WHO could always have its own set of team and R&D team and world could always have vaccine manufacturing units imitating a model of something like DNS root servers which would produce all the possible vaccine for public welfare or at least at affordable prices

Adar poonawalla left the country after the "Rich and Powerful" started threatening him. Just when I thought this situation could not get any worse. This won't affect the Vaccine rollout I hope.
The calls come from some of the most powerful men in India. They come from the chief ministers of Indian states, heads of business conglomerates and others demanding instant supplies of Covishield, as the AstraZeneca vaccine is known in India. “ ‘Threats’ is an understatement,” Poonawalla says. “The level of expectation and aggression is really unprecedented. It’s overwhelming. Everyone feels they should get the vaccine. They can’t understand why anyone else should get it before them.”

The calls begin cordially, but when Poonawalla explains that he cannot possibly meet the callers’ demands “the conversations go in a very different direction”, he says. “They are saying if you don’t give us the vaccine it’s not going to be good … It’s not foul language. It’s the tone. It’s the implication of what they might do if I don’t comply. It’s taking control. It’s coming over and basically surrounding the place and not letting us do anything unless we give in to their demands.”

IT doesn't add up. He has got Y+ security from the govt and the CRPF personnel guarding him. Perhaps the threats mentioned in his transcript had a more "read-between-the-lines" hint.

Genuinely asking.. Are these other masks that are being mentioned in this thread really that much better than the usual 3 ply surgical masks? Do these ones by 3M or Venus prevent covid 100 %? I see different healthcare workers wearing both types. Might be a dumb question, but better dumb than sorry.

Genuinely asking.. Are these other masks that are being mentioned in this thread really that much better than the usual 3 ply surgical masks? Do these ones by 3M or Venus prevent covid 100 %? I see different healthcare workers wearing both types. Might be a dumb question, but better dumb than sorry.
If they are genuine masks then yes they are that much better and that much more difficult to breath. You can still get covid if you don't use sanitizer, wear the mask incorrectly, or if some one coughs and those air borne particles hit your eyes.

@rdst_1 Isn't Covishield only for first line health workers, etc., but not for common people ?

Also heard that it is available in state of Gujarat, by trick or treat.

Any info about who are eligible and where it is being made available ?

@rdst_1 Isn't Covishield only for first line health workers, etc., but not for common people ?

Also heard that it is available in state of Gujarat, by trick or treat.

Any info about who are eligible and where it is being made available ?
Not really. Check this Central Goverment vaccination dashboard. Only 10% of people have gone for COVAXIN.

1619950248227.png

Now that BJP lost West Bengal election I expect vaccine supply to dry up in WB. A batch of 4 lakh vaccines arrived in 28 Apr which are almost used up and we haven't received new deliveries yet.

Covaxin has been developed by Hyderabad-based company Bharat Biotech in collaboration with the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Institute of Virology. Covishield, on the other hand, is a vaccine developed by the Oxford University and pharmaceutical firm AstraZeneca.

Are people given an option to select Covishield ?

Is that vaccine available pan India in case people opt for it ?

btw, sad news is that one of my colleugue passed away today in northern India, aged ~42yrs. Was a very energetic guys, will be sadly missed.

Last edited:
Covaxin has been developed by Hyderabad-based company Bharat Biotech in collaboration with the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR) and the National Institute of Virology. Covishield, on the other hand, is a vaccine developed by the Oxford University and pharmaceutical firm AstraZeneca.

Are people given an option to select Covishield ?

Is that vaccine available pan India in case people opt for it ?

btw, sad news is that one of my colleugue passed away today in northern India, aged ~42yrs. Was a very energetic guys, will be sadly missed.
in the initial days when people were less ,at least at one Mumbai center options were given .Now you have to take whatever you get.
SPUTNIK V landed in Hyderabad on 1 may ,need to get more feedback ,because that vaccine is very much suitable for India with Respect to transportation and storage.

Back