Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Great... :rolleyes:
Wtf I've done 2cts just last week for covid.
This is not something new. In most of developed nations, unlike us, they do not do CT scans or even MRI left, right and center. It's a lot of radiation indeed. In the USA for example patients usually are wary of the CT scans and do ask a lot of questions (not only because of the exorbitant cost of the scans but also the risks involved).
MRI is safe, it doesn't use ionizing radiation like x-ray and CT.

Last edited:
every medicine has a potential side effect .At present situation we don't have option .There is One more strain- Andhra pradesh strain identified which all of us dreaded it is more virulent and you will have hypoxia from day 4 or 5.

So India needs vaccine and another complete lockdown very quickly and travel ban ASAP.

How are the vaccinations standing against it? This is big news to me. Hope we will know more soon.

Also if lockdown is implemented, not just economy goes for a toss, its the nation in its entirety. Earlier we didn't face this much trouble because of the pandemic...we even boasted that we Indians have better immunity and covid did no big damage. This time we are facing what rest of the world did in earlier wave. Our earlier lockdown was only properly held for 3 months ( Mar-Apr to May-Jun), then we entered unlock and started recovery.

This time the central govt. is battered with memories of earlier lockdown, money shortage, Vaccine shortage, Oxy,medicine shortage finally a political battle. This apart, the health care workers are over-worked, earlier they had some success now they have to work twice harder.

Our PM Modi and everyone for that matter should come together and work together and weather it out. We can do this.

Last edited:
I've never seen this amount of rush anywhere, since morning we admitted more than 100 patients. Now we don't have a single bed, had to admit moderately severe cases in ventilator beds.
We will swap beds if required...leaving for now ( started at 7, didn't have lunch, feeling dizzy) will come back at 22:00 Hrs and slog it out. We can take care of another 100 patients, but no space available.
Can't thank enough the chairman of a large corporate hospital. He arranged for a lot of nursing staff and other manpower very rapidly. This makeshift hospital is practically free, yet he arranged for so much of manpower. State government is also helping as much as possible, didi personally has promised us adequate oxygen.
No matter how tough it gets, we will fight till the end and of course win. In Spain we're getting really sick people, thankfully here, most patients are not that sick. Out of 230 beds, only 4 are in ventilators.
The doctors here are also much better compared to Spain. They understood we don't follow much protocols and early but safe discharge is our first priority to clear up beds and we despise paperworks. They are helping amazingly.

Last edited:
I've never seen this amount of rush anywhere, since morning we admitted more than 100 patients. Now we don't have a single bed, had to admit moderately severe cases in ventilator beds.
We will swap beds if required...leaving for now ( started at 7, didn't have lunch, feeling dizzy) will come back at 22:00 Hrs and slog it out. We can take care of another 100 patients, but no space available.
Can't thank enough the chairman of a large corporate hospital. He arranged for a lot of nursing staff and other manpower very rapidly. This makeshift hospital is practically free, yet he arranged for so much of manpower. State government is also helping as much as possible, didi personally has promised us adequate oxygen.
No matter how tough it gets, we will fight till the end and of course win. In Spain we're getting really sick people, thankfully here, most patients are not that sick. Out of 230 beds, only 4 are in ventilators.
The doctors here are also much better compared to Spain. They understood we don't follow much protocols and early but safe discharge is our first priority to clear up beds and we despise paperworks. They are helping amazingly.
Not trying to crack a joke but this situation sounds something like a scene from Dr.Romantic :angelic:

anyways, wanted to ask you something and if you can answer here it will help everyone. Medrol 32mg table help a covid symtom paitent if they know when what day the fever started as symtom ?
1) Dose of Medrol 32mg needs to be started from day 6th of the fever.
2) Consumtion of Sugar form like, Rice, Wheat, Potato needs to be stopped.
3) Asthama Inhaler helps a lot.
4) Covid virus cannot survive for more than 10 days if proper medications taken.
5) Swab test is not as efficient if not done by a professional as its hard to find tonsil so relying on it is a bigger risk.

I head it for a doctor.

1. What's / who's Dr.Romantic?
2. Medrol is possibly methyl prednisolone, steroids can be started from onset of shortness of breath.
3. Not all asthma inhalers, but budesonide inhalers do help ( not nebulizers...can spread droplets)
4. Steroids, particularly methyl prednisolone has very high glucocorticoid property and can increase blood sugar significantly, specially in diabetics. Never heard of restricting sugar intake while on short term steroids in non diabetics ( even if you restrict carbohydrates completely, steroids will increase your glucose levels, unless you're a diabetic with inadequate glycemic control to start with, no point in restricting carbohydrates specially when sick...)
5. Corona virus stops replicating in the body after 10 days even without any medication. It's our autoimmune response that causes the damage.
RT PCR can detect fragmented RNA, so a patient can remain positive long after the virus has stopped replicating.
6. Where did tonsil come from? Who takes swab from tonsils??
Have messed up the order of your questions.

How are the vaccinations standing against it? This is big news to me. Hope we will know more soon.

Also if lockdown is implemented, not just economy goes for a toss, its the nation in its entirety. Earlier we didn't face this much trouble because of the pandemic...we even boasted that we Indians have better immunity and covid did no big damage. This time we are facing what rest of the world did in earlier wave. Our earlier lockdown was only properly held for 3 months ( Mar-Apr to May-Jun), then we entered unlock and started recovery.

This time the central govt. is battered with memories of earlier lockdown, money shortage, Vaccine shortage, Oxy,medicine shortage finally a political battle. This apart, the health care workers are over-worked, earlier they had some success now they have to work twice harder.

Our PM Modi and everyone for that matter should come together and work together and weather it out. We can do this.
If you trust BMC's figures in Mumbai, then the lockdown (full curfew) has certainly helped in bringing the positivity rate down. If you are talking about "breaking the chain", then it is the only measure which has immediate effect on transmission in a country like India. Unfortunately, refusal to do so at a national level is creating chaos at the moment. We have already seen proof of the economy bouncing back when things are about-normal, so it is ridiculous that the government is refusing to take responsibility at a time when the nation needs it the most.

1. What's / who's Dr.Romantic?
2. Medrol is possibly methyl prednisolone, steroids can be started from onset of shortness of breath.
3. Not all asthma inhalers, but budesonide inhalers do help ( not nebulizers...can spread droplets)
4. Steroids, particularly methyl prednisolone has very high glucocorticoid property and can increase blood sugar significantly, specially in diabetics. Never heard of restricting sugar intake while on short term steroids in non diabetics ( even if you restrict carbohydrates completely, steroids will increase your glucose levels, unless you're a diabetic with inadequate glycemic control to start with, no point in restricting carbohydrates specially when sick...)
5. Corona virus stops replicating in the body after 10 days even without any medication. It's our autoimmune response that causes the damage.
RT PCR can detect fragmented RNA, so a patient can remain positive long after the virus has stopped replicating.
6. Where did tonsil come from? Who takes swab from tonsils??
Have messed up the order of your questions.
1) Dr.Romantic is a korean show on doctors (to be honest one of shows on doctors :p, they have so many of them) and the scenario which you told was exacty what they have every now and then in their show, was just refering to it due to this, nothing more.
2) Also yes the sugar thing was for dabetic patient.
3) methyl prednisolone if Medrol 32mg, what would be a recommended dose is recommended. In this situation of Oxygen shortage want to keep all the information to be at home then that of hospital.
Wtf I've done 2cts just last week for covid.

MRI is safe, it doesn't use ionizing radiation like x-ray and CT.
ab pachtake kya faida jab cidiya chuk gai khet :angelic: also they are talking about risk (possibilities) so don't worry. keep a good diet and you will live a healthy life :)

I don't think any Indian reporter can do what she did at the end.
You reap what you sow. After all people elected this govt. We sell our votes in favour of money/free gifts/temple/masjid/etc. We are happy that we have the world's tallest Statue, the world's biggest Cricket Stadium, World's top notch 7 Star flights for our netas and new parliament building. Instead of demanding quality education and healthcare we want more temples and masjids to be built, more statues to be erected etc. What more do we deserve.

Just think. 3,000 Cr for Statue, 13,500 Cr for the building, 8,000 Cr for Aircrafts so on and so forth. 24,500 Cr of avoidable expenditure. What could have been the situation if only 10,000 Cr were given to SII or Bharat Biotech for their research and ramping up of production. Another 10K Cr could have been spent on procuring from outside the country.

It's up end of day. They voted for temple, communal riots instead of hospital, education, jobs. As long as they continue to be mute spectators these things will continue in future too.
They have got what they asked for, EoD.

You reap what you sow. After all people elected this govt. We sell our votes in favour of money/free gifts/temple/masjid/etc. We are happy that we have the world's tallest Statue, the world's biggest Cricket Stadium, World's top notch 7 Star flights for our netas and new parliament building. Instead of demanding quality education and healthcare we want more temples and masjids to be built, more statues to be erected etc. What more do we deserve.

Just think. 3,000 Cr for Statue, 13,500 Cr for the building, 8,000 Cr for Aircrafts so on and so forth. 24,500 Cr of avoidable expenditure. What could have been the situation if only 10,000 Cr were given to SII or Bharat Biotech for their research and ramping up of production. Another 10K Cr could have been spent on procuring from outside the country.
No country in the world is courrption free. they first prioties their own pockets first then if something remains, it can go down the line. issue is in india the ratio is out of proportion. atleast in forgein countries the do need to show it to the people. here we don't even have RTI now. Research and Development me kon paisa dalega as it needs to be publicially anounced and results are must.

No country in the world is courrption free. they first prioties their own pockets first then if something remains, it can go down the line. issue is in india the ratio is out of proportion. atleast in forgein countries the do need to show it to the people. here we don't even have RTI now. Research and Development me kon paisa dalega as it needs to be publicially anounced and results are must.
Then ask the question WHY!! Why is RTI being watered down, why non-transparent funding for political parties through Electoral bonds, why are schools being shut down instead of opening. These people don't drop from sky, we vote these scums to power. So before we point fingers that this will always happen in India, you need to first ask WHY??

By the way guys what is the cost of a good N95 Face mask ?

Quotation I got is as below:
1) Brand A 1 peice for Rs. 45/-
2) Brand B 1 peice for Rs. 30/-
3) Brand B 1 peice for Rs. 25 x 50 for Rs. 1250 /- (bulk purchase)

@red dragon Can you suggest what setup for Face Mask if more effective.

1) 1 N95 Max below 1 surgical Mask (economically Rs. 30 or Rs. 50 setup).
2) 3 Surgical mask one above other (economically Rs. 15 setup).

to add to that shivaji statue at sea ,if shivaji would have seen this he would swung his sword against this babus

Then ask the question WHY!! Why is RTI being watered down, why non-transparent funding for political parties through Electoral bonds. These people don't drop from sky, we vote these scums to power. So before we point fingers that this will always happen in India, you need to ask WHY??
Then ask the question WHY!! Why is RTI being watered down, why non-transparent funding for political parties through Electoral bonds, why are schools being shut down instead of opening. These people don't drop from sky, we vote these scums to power. So before we point fingers that this will always happen in India, you need to first ask WHY??
normally I am a "NOTA" guy if the person in question is not capable. If a candidate is really good then I will vote for him or her but this situation has never occoured. People at my place vote for money + non-veg and alcohol parties. tough they enjoy it from all the parties in area :p I know the saying that " Be the change you want to see " But if you want the truth. its useless and waste of time unless you are a powerfull guy with strong money background. Candidate spend around 30 lacs to 50 lacs on election here and the recover it in next 5 years or so. also if any one trying to judge me on my commet, let me tell you that My family had a set back of 15 years worth financial loss + nearly lost my father while figthing the system. If you ask me, instead of fixing the system, its better to invest in new system. Truth to be told, being as much "ATMANIRBHAR" is good then relying on this broken system. Just before covid pendamic started, My GrandMa had "Brain Hemorrhage" so have also experince that journey too. Instead of treating here doctors from good so called hospitals in Mumbai made us run for bed + ventilates. Leave aside bed + ventilates, they were not eveing ready to admit her. before admission as me to do blood tests and all for a exoctic price and when admitted to hospital and bet was assigned just before me entering the room someone else was given that bed. Personally I felt like breaking their limbs but again some of them where good, the arranged something in other big hospital. Their also I had to struggle with my family but in the end system is widely broken. cannot be fixed unless that determiation is from the powerfull people. we as common man have nothing.

Mind you, I am not blaming the central govt alone. The same is true in many state governments too. It is the collective failure of us as a people of the nation. Our moral fiber is so weak that we hardly have the right to questions wrongs. We are used to bribing in some way or the other. How many of us have bought a ticket in black? Is that not encouragement of corruption. We need to blame ourselves too. The school that I used to go to had a subject called Moral Science where we were taught morality. How many schools today have ethics and morality as part of their curriculum?

Education and Healthcare should be with the government and the Liquor should be with Private sector. Instead the government only focusses on revenue hence they control Liquor and leave Education and Healthcare to private sector. What is the brilliant hairbrained idea of the government, RTE. With RTE government had abdicated its responsibility of creating education infrastructure instead they want the Private sector to give free education to the BPL society. Where does the school get the money to subsidize the cost of education for the BPL students? It is from the Middle Class by way of higher school fee. In essence, the govt has transferred the responsibility of education to the masses to the people. Same is the story with employment. By demanding reservation in Pvt Sector jobs again the govt is abdicating its responsibility. The people are happy that their children are getting free education in good schools and they will get jobs in Pvt sector instead of questioning the govt WHY it is abdicating its responsibilities.

to add to that shivaji statue at sea ,if shivaji would have seen this he would swung his sword against this babus

yep being a Maharastrain, my blood boils when this bastard even take his name. this is really sad that such looser have the power. that money could have been invested into so many other good places like R&D in health, space or anything else...
Mind you, I am not blaming the central govt alone. The same is true in many state governments too. It is the collective failure of us as a people of the nation. Our moral fiber is so weak that we hardly have the right to questions wrongs. We are used to bribing in some way or the other. How many of us have bought a ticket in black? Is that not encouragement of corruption. We need to blame ourselves too. The school that I used to go to had a subject called Moral Science where we were taught morality. How many schools today have ethics and morality as part of their curriculum?

Education and Healthcare should be with the government and the Liquor should be with Private sector. Instead the government only focusses on revenue hence they control Liquor and leave Education and Healthcare to private sector. What is the brilliant hairbrained idea of the government, RTE. With RTE government had abdicated its responsibility of creating education infrastructure instead they want the Private sector to give free education to the BPL society. Where does the school get the money to subsidize the cost of education for the BPL students? It is from the Middle Class by way of higher school fee. In essence, the govt has transferred the responsibility of education to the masses to the people. Same is the story with employment. By demanding reservation in Pvt Sector jobs again the govt is abdicating its responsibility. The people are happy that their children are getting free education in good schools and they will get jobs in Pvt sector instead of questioning the govt WHY it is abdicating its responsibilities.
I totally agree with this and that is the reason that I said above, no goverment is corruption free.

Back