Health & Fitness Corona is in full swing and its not Joke !

Okay so mow there's fairly conclusive evidence about how vaccines protect people:

"The study of hundreds of Kentucky residents with previous infections through June 2021 found that those who were unvaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated. The findings suggest that among people who have had COVID-19 previously, getting fully vaccinated provides additional protection against reinfection."
But nothing is 100% conclusive just yet.
Hey mate, not 100% even now conclusive but pretty close now I'd say!

I know of 2 crazy epidemiologists who are hell bent on finding the index covid 19 case.
What they have uncovered so far is CRAZY.
It began latest by 29 September 2019 or earliest by 2nd week of August 2019.
I'm not going to link any name or articles here for my own safety and those 2 guys, but it's out there.
Finding the index case at this point may not be of much significance to a clinician, but it's extremely important for epidemiology.
I'm sure their findings won't be published anywhere, but it will be known to a group of people who can back track and establish what's being prdeicted earlier statistically, is not entirely false.
Almost all statistical presdiction in 2020 were flushed down the toilet as our known index case itself was faulty ( by close to 90 days!!) And COVID19 is the only disease where we failed miserably in calculating statistical chance of infection EVERYWHERE.
However the same set of calculation yielded more or less accurate results in 2021 ( as region wise we could identify peaks after a drop)

Last edited:
Leaked Sputnik V Report Shows More Inconsistencies in Clinical Trial Data
Findings outlined in a 136-page study report into vaccine’s development show different data from developer’s public statements.

The report does not question the overall safety or efficacy of the vaccine. But the inconsistencies come at a time of renewed scrutiny into Sputnik V clinical trials, as Russia seeks to secure emergency authorization from the WHO and EMA, and its export drive falters amid multiple reports of production delays and late deliveries.

I know of 2 crazy epidemiologists who are hell bent on finding the index covid 19 case.
What they have uncovered so far is CRAZY.
It began latest by 29 September 2019 or earliest by 2nd week of August 2019.
I'm not going to link any name or articles here for my own safety and those 2 guys, but it's out there.
Finding the index case at this point may not be of much significance to a clinician, but it's extremely important for epidemiology.
I'm sure their findings won't be published anywhere, but it will be known to a group of people who can back track and establish what's being prdeicted earlier statistically, is not entirely false.
Almost all statistical presdiction in 2020 were flushed down the toilet as our known index case itself was faulty ( by close to 90 days!!) And COVID19 is the only disease where we failed miserably in calculating statistical chance of infection EVERYWHERE.
However the same set of calculation yielded more or less accurate results in 2021 ( as region wise we could identify peaks after a drop)

You think there will be a third wave in India ? If so, will it be worse than the second ?

Yes...patient zero is the new fancy name for index case.
You think there will be a third wave in India ? If so, will it be worse than the second ?
No idea bro, absolutely no idea. Getting approximate population for a city like Kolkata seems impossible...I can play with given numbers, do fancy calculations...but getting the basic numbers for a country like India is extremely difficult.
Wish I could give a definite answer...but there will be local outbreaks for sure.

Last edited:
I took my first dose of vaccine in first week of July. Is everyone still following the 12 week interval between doses. I know that govt of India decreased this interval because of pressure, but what does Astrazeneca still say about Covishield. They used to say 12 weeks on their website earlier.

@rdst_1
Earlier it was 4-8 weeks iirc(western countries), then government increased it to 12-16 weeks to deal with shortages. When did they reduce the duration? For me it's still showing September-October after taking 1st dose in June.
If I am wrong, please correct me. It becomes really difficult to keep track of what CDC and other health institutions say and what our govt/health officials say.

Meanwhile..

Last edited:
As the weather starts to transition from summer to winter (and vice versa) people are more prone to viral infections and COVID 19 is just one of its form.
So in my opinion if a third wave has to come it will come in September to November.
This is just my opinion/assumption.

So 3rd dose becoming a reality..

Last edited:
Anybody heard of some unknown fever in UP affecting children ( thrombocytopenia, but Dengue serology including NS1 negative) and of course Covid negative.
Scrub typhus is a possibility, but it doesn't spread like this.

Anybody heard of some unknown fever in UP affecting children ( thrombocytopenia, but Dengue serology including NS1 negative) and of course Covid negative.
Scrub typhus is a possibility, but it doesn't spread like this.
High fever and low platelet count is being reported about this unknown fever docs are still examining what it is.

Apart from this Encephalitis has already started taking lives of kids in UP Gorakhpur side.

Scrub typhus? It's a caused by a bacteria ( Orientia tsutsugamushi) but enters human through bite of mites.
Human to human transmission doesn't occur.

Scrub typhus? It's a caused by a bacteria ( Orientia tsutsugamushi) but enters human through bite of mites.
Human to human transmission doesn't occur.
That's why it is spreading more in rural areas. The govt has run the tests and said it is Scrub Typhus.

There is also spread of Chickengunya in some districts as well.

Wow, I thought only Indians were subservient.

And the government of South Australia, one of the country’s six states, developed and is now testing an app as Orwellian as any in the free world to enforce its quarantine rules. People in South Australia will be forced to download an app that combines facial recognition and geolocation. The state will text them at random times, and thereafter they will have 15 minutes to take a picture of their face in the location where they are supposed to be. Should they fail, the local police department will be sent to follow up in person. “We don’t tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes,” Premier Steven Marshall explained.

Wow, I thought only Indians were subservient.

This apparently would be just the beginning.

Do watch "Person of Interest" - a series created by Jonathan Nolan that from the 3rd season gets into a full-on sci-fi similar to the current scene - stock market manipulations, virus out there, an AI so focused on penetrating each person's privacy so on. Can't recommend it enough in fact.

USA recorded 177k cases yesterday, India around the 40-45k/day mark, should only rise from here on for the advent of the 3rd wave, so it seems.

Back