Corona virus

quantity can be judge by Doctor after checking individual blood report (calcium deficiency test), age/gender etc.

if do not wish to visit Doctor/blood test etc. then drink minimum 4 ltr. water per day.. access calcium deposits will throw out by urine.

till today in my family (large/joint family), I found any Doctor/any age group patient, if prescribed vitamin tablets then that for 15/30 days only and then ask either to stop or if symptoms persist then suggest Blood Test.

Except for Vitamin D (one tab once in a month but that too after proper blood test and other symptoms checking only)

Last edited:
Even excess vitamin d is bad for health. Max vitamin d supplement is 400IU per day for adults. I've seen some vitamin drugs on Amazon with 2000/5000/10000 IU etc being sold.

No idea why you're stuck on the semantics of the word chemical.

As I've said before ethyl alcohol is not the same as water even though both are 'chemicals'.

The US FDA has issued warnings about methyl alcohol content in popular sanitizers. Which can be dangerous even used topically on the skin. Surely the risk would be far greater in our well regulated country where every Tom Dick and Hari are making sanitizer.

Yeah, so if you're done arguing about the word chemical, go and use some sanitizer. I'll avoid it as much as possible and stick to soap thanks very much.
You should probably avoid soap, it's a chemical. If there's too much lye it'll cause significant skin burns. Even worse if you ate some.

You should probably avoid soap, it's a chemical. If there's too much lye it'll cause significant skin burns. Even worse if you ate some.
Yeah why don't you drink the requisite 4 litres of ethyl or isopropyl alcohol a day instead of water since they're all 'chemicals'. Also why don't you buzz off and pester someone else. It's my fault really, engaging with morons. That stops now.

Even excess vitamin d is bad for health. Max vitamin d supplement is 400IU per day for adults. I've seen some vitamin drugs on Amazon with 2000/5000/10000 IU etc being sold.
That is because Vitamin D gets stored in the body's fat cells - and utilized by the body slowly.
So the idea is that if you are found with Vit D deficiency, you load up on Vit D shots or capsules and these single dosage last for 1-3 months or so.

I don't think there is any Vit D toxicity, at least on short term dosage, otherwise doctors wont be prescribing the Vit D shots carrying 10000 IUs.
I think the point that Julian is making is that:
1) alcohol for cleaning skin is a recent phenomena, and the way it i absorbed into body via skin may be different compared to the way it is absorbed via stomach when we drink.
2) in addition to absorption, it may cause local action on the skin barrier itself
3) not too many people have been using alcohol in this fashion to establish a safety precedent
4) soaps have been in usage for hundreds of years now, and billions of people have been using daily. That makes it more safe statistically compared with using alcohol.

Last edited:
I think the point that Julian is making is that:
You have put it very succinctly. However the problem here is this person is stuck on the semantics of the word 'chemical' and just being an annoyance in general. No one considers water a chemical in the same sense as alcohol. Also even soap (and talc) i use Nivea more because i don't like strong fragrances, but even then because milder stuff is preferred. Dove just ends up a gooey mess, so i avoid the soap but use the shampoo.

You have put it very succinctly. However the problem here is this person is stuck on the semantics of the word 'chemical' and just being an annoyance in general. No one considers water a chemical in the same sense as alcohol. Also even soap (and talc) i use Nivea more because i don't like strong fragrances, but even then because milder stuff is preferred. Dove just ends up a gooey mess, so i avoid the soap but use the shampoo.
Try Pears Soap (brown colour) not green or with mint or herbal etc. variant.

Do give medimix a try if you are sensitive to strong fragrance. It has a very mild but non-obnoxious fragrance. The only issue I found is that it becomes very delicate as it thins out so it's more prone to breaking. Besides, it's herbal so hopefully no reaction with skin(at least for me).
I don't know but during those yesteryears, Hamam and Margo were the soaps my parents would anyday vouch for.

I've tried medimix, santoor, chandrika. Keep coming back to Nivea. It virtually has no fragrance. Even less than dove.

Btw Nivea from abroad (Dubai etc) is WAY better than the ones made here.

And closer home people have been indulging in forged medical certificates for interstate travel for months now.
What else can they do when the govt has nonsense rules and laws.

Including requiring wearing a mask when driving a car, alone!

This guy was a friend of mine, now openly practicing in India as Dr. Ranjan Ghosh!!
A convicted felon!!
There are hundreds like him...deported/ escaped from US/UK practicing in India.
Heck!! Even a MRCP certificate is considered speciality/ Superspeciality in India!!
@ all members, please visit your humble local MBBS GP rather than those MRCP idiots. They know nothing about their speciality, by all probability they couldn't even work @ NHS (the easiest health system to work in) Expose these incompetent POS physicians/ surgeons ( with only MRCS/ FRCS/MRCP)
India still has a world class medical education system (understood it after working in Europe only with degrees/ diplomas from India, I even did my PhD from India, the whole world knows about it) however not sure how long will it last, the way things are going.
How did he escape from US and land up in India if he was a convicted felon?

Well as they say excess of anything is bad the dosage you mentioned 400IU per day is the maintenance dose and not for correcting deficiency of it.
Large doses are given as loading doses to boost the body levels since vitamin D is an important vitamin for the functioning of the body.
Have prescribed even 50,000IU doses to patients with deficiency and then later shifted them to lesser dose as a maintaince dose.

Also regular intake of small Vitamin D is way more beneficial then taking large doses for a few weeks and then not taking anything letting the levels decrease and then again going for larger doses.

In short try to include foods fortified with vit d or sunlight exposure.

Back