Corsair offering inferior PSU as a replacement

Update: They are offering RS 12200 as refund after calculating deprecation at 10% every year (2 years 8 months for me). Should I just accept it? Please share your inputs on this.

Update: They are offering RS 12200 as refund after calculating deprecation at 10% every year (2 years 8 months for me). Should I just accept it? Please share your inputs on this.
You will be better off, Taking the Rm1000x and sell it for around 13-14k. Lot of people should be willing to buy it for that price.

As you've already purchased another PSU, taking the refund is better IMO. It's not worth the hassle of selling the RMAed unit factoring in shipping costs and effort unless you find a local buyer.

You will be better off, Taking the Rm1000x and sell it for around 13-14k. Lot of people should be willing to buy it for that price.
Doubt that it would sell for any more that 10k. A new one comes at around ~15k(link) with ~3 more years of warranty. I just sold a brand new sealed CX650F (bought while waiting RMA) and had to take a loss of more than 1k on it.
As you've already purchased another PSU, taking the refund is better IMO. It's not worth the hassle of selling the RMAed unit factoring in shipping costs and effort unless you find a local buyer.
Seems like a good option to me as well. Just a little peeved of by Corsair/Kaizen not providing full refund as the issue is on their side.

Doubt that it would sell for any more that 10k. A new one comes at around ~15k(link) with ~3 more years of warranty. I just sold a brand new sealed CX650F (bought while waiting RMA) and had to take a loss of more than 1k on it.

Seems like a good option to me as well. Just a little peeved of by Corsair/Kaizen not providing full refund as the issue is on their side.
They are giving a refund that's a big win , they hardly ever refund money , atleast not without a serious threat.

I think you should take the money and avoid hassle of getting the PSU since you have already bought a replacement.

Also pretty sure they will b**ch and moan about the PSU now since you asked for a refund also you can use the money for some other upgrade.

They are giving a refund that's a big win , they hardly ever refund money , atleast not without a serious threat.

I think you should take the money and avoid hassle of getting the PSU since you have already bought a replacement.
I have informed them that I am accepting their refund.
Also pretty sure they will b**ch and moan about the PSU now since you asked for a refund
What do you mean? They are ok with refund so what's there to moan about.

I meant they were giving you a PSU then you pressurized them into giving a refund so now if you ask for a PSU instead they might b**ch about it.

My friend went through something similar with Rashi peripherals

I meant they were giving you a PSU then your pressurized them into giving a refund so now if you ask for a PSU instead they might b**ch about it.

My friend went through something similar with Rashi peripherals :)
Yeah that's the most hassle free option , best of luck for your build

Hey guys,

I am also facing a bit similar issue with the RMA. Never thought once the Corsair/Kaizen support which once here was revered will go to dogshit! https://techenclave.com/threads/asus-anti-surge-warning.210384/

I had trouble with the PSU, sent for rma, they accepted it being faulty but unable to offer a replacement as the model is no longer available (AX860i). They say they cannot import any PSU due to BIS regulations. They say they will offer a refund and get back to me in the next week. I know they offer refunds calculating depreciation + other factors which is more beneficial to them then to handing out a replacement. Obviously I am not happy with this. I had bought it being the best PSU series of Corsair and exceptional support. I have replied to them that I expect a full refund or a equivalent/higher value product.

I am also thinking of tagging Corsair Taiwan/USA into this. Any relevant channel to contact them?

Hey guys,

I am also facing a bit similar issue with the RMA. Never thought once the Corsair/Kaizen support which once here was revered will go to dogshit! https://techenclave.com/threads/asus-anti-surge-warning.210384/

I had trouble with the PSU, sent for rma, they accepted it being faulty but unable to offer a replacement as the model is no longer available (AX860i). They say they cannot import any PSU due to BIS regulations. They say they will offer a refund and get back to me in the next week. I know they offer refunds calculating depreciation + other factors which is more beneficial to them then to handing out a replacement. Obviously I am not happy with this. I had bought it being the best PSU series of Corsair and exceptional support. I have replied to them that I expect a full refund or a equivalent/higher value product.

I am also thinking of tagging Corsair Taiwan/USA into this. Any relevant channel to contact them?
You can create a ticket for US team mentioning the details of your issue along with original support ticket. The aforementioned might expeditate the refund but don't expect to get full compensation/equivalent product. Other than that, You are stuck. Consumer forum/court would be your next option.

You can create a ticket for US team mentioning the details of your issue along with original support ticket. The aforementioned might expeditate the refund but don't expect to get full compensation/equivalent product. Other than that, You are stuck. Consumer forum/court would be your next option.
Thanks! I have open a ticket with them now. I'll wait for a response from both of the parties - Corsair India and USA. If they are not willing to help then I'll try INGRAM and consumer court. No way I am letting these guys go away. Meanwhile I am placing order for an alternative PSU. Any brands with good support? No brand which is handled by Kaizen.

Thanks! I have open a ticket with them now. I'll wait for a response from both of the parties - Corsair India and USA. If they are not willing to help then I'll try INGRAM and consumer court. No way I am letting these guys go away. Meanwhile I am placing order for an alternative PSU. Any brands with good support? No brand which is handled by Kaizen.
Antec is good, though I don't know about their after sales service. BTW, You are lucky that you didn't receive abuse from the local Kaizen service center. When I complained to their Bangalore office, they started angrily berating me instead of their local Kaizen staff.

Antec is good, though I don't know about their after sales service. BTW, You are lucky that you didn't receive abuse from the local Kaizen service center. When I complained to their Bangalore office, they started angrily berating me instead of their local Kaizen staff.
Let them try that. A recorded call will be sent to many places then.

Let them try that. A recorded call will be sent to many places then.
Can you tell me the places you are alluding to? When I told INGRAM, they told me to file police compliant. I didn't want to escalate it at that level. Anyways, I had responded in kind during both conversations without being abusive.

They say they cannot import any PSU due to BIS regulations.

I had bought it being the best PSU series of Corsair and exceptional support.

Except that new regulations prevent them from fulfilling the terms of the original warranty. It could be argued that this is something that neither you nor Corsair could have foreseen.

Some consumers like us will be at disadvantaged in the short term, but the increasingly stringent BIS regulations are for the betterment of the country.

I have replied to them that I expect a full refund or a equivalent/higher value product.

How old was the power supply? The AXi series was discontinued a few years ago, so it's unreasonable to expect a full refund or higher value product.

I don't have any actual advice, just this commentary.

Can you tell me the places you are alluding to? When I told INGRAM, they told me to file police compliant. I didn't want to escalate it at that level. Anyways, I had responded in kind during both conversations without being abusive.
I just meant the channels of Corsair like their emails, forum, social media, etc.

Some consumers like us will be at disadvantaged in the short term, but the increasingly stringent BIS regulations are for the betterment of the country.
I have no problems with the regulations but that is just an excuse when other models are readily available in the market. They can procure it if they want. Intel did the same for me in the past.

How old was the power supply?
April 2016. It doesn't matter how old it is. It is under the warranty period of AXi Series (10 years) and they should provide a similar product according to their warranty t&c. If they cannot provide a similar product then they should issue refund of amount which I will need to buy a similar product. Corsair have not stopped selling PSUs in India and they are claiming these BIS regulations from a long time. Not sure how much truth there is in it. I have escalated the issue to Corsair USA and will wait for their response.

Back