PC Peripherals Corsair secretly changes TX series

Re: CORSAIR ripping people off... selling low quality PSU's??

Preliminary reports suggests VX450 is not changed to a lower build CWT but still remains a Seasonic...

3.) 90% confidence: Corsair VX450 was changed from SeaSonic S12II to S12II Bronze

Hypothetically though... :(

yeah but they will phase out 450 totally it seems...:(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

sad marketing from a reputed company

This is B$ from Corsair :mad: Seems its better to stick to S12II Bronze from Seasonic themself eventhough it has only 3 yrs warranty.

I'm so glad I've got an old VX450. Hope nothing happens to it though ... *touchs wood*

hmm interesting reading though it will change only a small amount of people thoughts for a change.. not much affected here cause most of them would get the one which comes with the Cabinet...

ebro

Thanks mrcool63 for sharing this... After watching VX550's incompatibility wid my system i have made up my mind that i wont buy any corsair stuff in the future...

I can't add a rep... :(

RedBeard said:
The current TX series were silently upgraded to make them perform better (better efficiency, ripple, etc) and to tweak a few other things. The newer units are identifiable with the -C after the part number (example: CMPSU-650TX-C)

2hellcw.jpg

Although the innards have changed, has this affected the performance of the units in question? Corsair does not intend to send the newer units (aka TXV2) for testing either.

now it seems we should open up a thread naming which companies can be trusted!!!and i am sure the list would end before we even get to a nice start!

to trust or not to trust...:) as shakespere would have put it

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the model of CWT has changed. a slightly inferior one is used

HailStonE said:
Better get Seasonic if in doubt...:cool2:
Yeah...

Corsair TX650 = Rs. 6350 ~ 5 Years Warranty (80+ Certified)

Seasonic S12D 750w = Rs. 6500 ~ 5 Years Warranty (80+ Silver Certified)

If someone is looking to buy a new 650w PSU then he/she shud better off with Seasonic S12D PSU... :)

TX650 costs the same as the S12D but S12D is superior as compared to TX650... It has higher efficiency and it is 100w powerful too... :)

They start off by reducing warranty on their pen drives from 10yrs to 2years, then comes their cheap GS series of PSU and and now this!!!
God only knows where corsair is going to go like this.

that`s not good it is a very good brand people suggest it with closed eye to each other & they are doing this pathetic.

Back