PC Peripherals Corsair secretly changes TX series

Re: CORSAIR ripping people off... selling low quality PSU's??

This is what corsair rep said about cx430
And for those concerned with CX430 not putting out 430W, that's completely untrue. It does exactly what's spec'd on the label - at up to 30C temperatures.

G33kgod said:
ok even i bought my vx450 few months back , so whats the probability that its also a down graded one....?? :(
I got the same in october. According to the guys on overclock.net, it's S12 II. Same should be the case with yours.

Blame the misleading thread title. OP was corrected in the previous forum, its sad that people just can't "can the excitement" before facts are cleared.

Not that I am saying facts are cleared unless there is a proper review (or if someone could be kind enough to give newer units a spin), but again- guilty until proven innocent :p.

u have to check the facts pointed out by phadreus. he specifies why the new ones are inferior.. and they also say we did wrong by not informing people didn't they.. now tell me that does not sound like an apology...

and they confirmed units have been modified..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

for 6.5k u wold expect something very good. wouldn't u? u can get a seasonic s12ii 620w for 5.4k. what is the point of having such inflated prices when its functioning is not upto the mark....

sabby said:
I don't see any problem. It has always been a CWT OEM IIRC.

The CX400 is a budget-built version of the Seasonic S12II, not CWT.

No reported changes to it either as per that thread.

Still a good deal, and better than the CX430. And a viable option if you cannot source an S12II.

mrcool63 said:
except antec basiq models, their other psu's are safe

The Basiq is based off entry-level FSPs and is intended as an alternative to a generic PSU.

For the price I don't think you can complain.

mrcool63 said:
the cx 430 is being reviewed by jonnyguru. review will be out by thursday
Review is out

Page 4 - Conclusion

So the CX430 is under $50, but it seems we get a pretty decent unit for the money. We get 430W worth of continuous power with no surprises. Limited ripple and noise, a quiet 120mm fan, active PFC and fully sleeved cables. Efficiency was a bit of a disappointment, especially since Corsair claims that their unit passed 80 Plus certification and Corsair is not a company like so many others that tend to submit a "modified" unit in order to pass testing. So overall, we don't have a great PSU, but we have a very good one. If efficiency was better and the component selection was better (at least Teapo capacitors, for example) at this price point Corsair would've hit this completely out of the park. And although I said I wouldn't ding the PSU for being a group regulated design and crossloading so badly, I feel the need to point out that we've seen group regulated units that at least stayed within spec when crossloaded.

Its got a score of 9/10. Only major -ve seems "Use of Chinese Capxon capacitors throughout".

But with the CX400 around and with the Seasonic S12II 430w (Both costing ~2.6k and 3 yrs warranty) The Corsair CX430 should be priced ~2k-2.2k to make sense since it carries only 2 years warranty and lesser efficiency and slightly inferior componenents.

Corsair CX430 430W power supply Review

Thanks man :)

DarkAngel said:
Review is out

Its got a score of 9/10. Only major -ve seems "Use of Chinese Capxon capacitors throughout".

But with the CX400 around and with the Seasonic S12II 430w (Both costing ~2.6k and 3 yrs warranty) The Corsair CX430 should be priced ~2k-2.2k to make sense since it carries only 2 years warranty and lesser efficiency and slightly inferior componenents.

cx 430 costs 2.7k. check it out.

and where in india is the running temp at 30 degrees.. the psu must be tested at minimum 40 degrees to make any sense..

at 40 degrees its efficiency is around 78%.. 80+ out the door

DarkAngel said:
Review is out

Priced at 2.2k? I thought the CX430 sells for 2.8k as of now in the market.

rushabht said:
Priced at 2.2k? I thought the CX430 sells for 2.8k as of now in the market.
Errr... I said it should be priced at 2.2k to make sense else the S12II 430 or CX400 @2.6k-2.8k price bracket.

Back