Counter Strike 2

I restarted playing CSGO last week after almost 2 years. This news and the way they've revealed it genuinely has me super hyped up and I'm really excited to try it.

The smoke system is going to be such a massive game changer. What a substantial upgrade!

Any CSGO fans here in general?

How is the sub-tick thing better than 128 tick? Also CS:GO's major weakness is its anti-cheat. Nobody is coming back to play on official servers with cheaters rushing mid while spinning and aim botting!

I restarted playing CSGO last week after almost 2 years. This news and the way they've revealed it genuinely has me super hyped up and I'm really excited to try it.

The smoke system is going to be such a massive game changer. What a substantial upgrade!

Any CSGO fans here in general?
Same here, played it a lot with my friends during lockdown. Hell, my first time playing csgo when they used to sell it on DVD in retail stores like Landmark way back in 2013 when I was a small kid, PC was absolute dogshit tho couldn't run the game lol. Although I hardly play anymore, booted it up a week back and I do miss the game, thankfully CS2 will bring all my old buddies back into it as well. (Max rank I've ever reached was GNM and I think that was only for one day too lmao)
How is the sub-tick thing better than 128 tick? Also CS:GO's major weakness is its anti-cheat. Nobody is coming back to play on official servers with cheaters rushing mid while spinning and aim botting!
Afaik and my puny brain can understand, instead of the server and the client (ie you) updating everything 128 times per second, it instead will only send forward and backward info that matters (example, movement, a shot), so whether the server is running 64 or 128 won't matter but apparently all of valve's servers will be 128 tick regardless. And hey look at it with some optimism! Don't be too cynical :p we still don't have any ideas about all the other features (the PiP warmup nade/smokes weren't even in the trailer!), they would have most definitely improved the anticheat imo for CS2.

Right now the movement seems very 64 tickish. The Bunny hops are not possible either. They have disabled the 'Net'_Graph' so there is no certain way to tell.
The most annoying part for me is the sounds. Weapons sound very plastic and the footsteps are not very consistent.
There are a few other bugs and hopefully would be fixed soon.

Right now the movement seems very 64 tickish. The Bunny hops are not possible either. They have disabled the 'Net'_Graph' so there is no certain way to tell.
The most annoying part for me is the sounds. Weapons sound very plastic and the footsteps are not very consistent.
There are a few other bugs and hopefully would be fixed soon.
You actually got the closed beta! What a lucky guy!

The most annoying part for me is the sounds.
yes noticed this in video, m4 does not sound like m4, in old maps sound differ according to player in open space or closed room..
but this is beta, it will improve.
at lease i hope so.

yes noticed this in video, m4 does not sound like m4, in old maps sound differ according to player in open space or closed room..
but this is beta, it will improve.
at lease i hope so.
You can't switch to M4A4, so I would not know about it. The AK and Galil sound very different.
It is not just the weapons. You'd have a circle in the mini map showing you the area for which it is supposed to give you footsteps, that is what I assume that circle is for. It does not work that way though, very inconsistent it is.

New Weapons and Mobile Port !

If you didn't get the beta, you can try leak. I know it's not going to be fun but still gives an idea of upcoming features.

Will there be any support for low end hardware like the integrated Intel GPUs? The original CS:GO was pretty much playable even after they introduced some parts from the new Source 2 Engine. All in all the new update looks super exciting, some even say it's an instagram filter put on top.

Wish there was some day/night lighting system to make it more exciting.

Hmm.. that's both a good and bad thing. Good since cheaters won't get a motive to "boost" their accounts since they won't be able to play a match.
Bad since genuine players will suffer because exploiters usually don't care what happens to their account since the game is free and they only want to ruin experience for others.

In any case, that'll happen when the cheat will get detected and I'm pretty sure Valve isn't going to swallow their pride and use a good third party anti-cheat like EAC or BE. So detection will be minimal.

Valve isn't going to swallow their pride and use a good third party anti-cheat like EAC or BE. So detection will be minimal.
No anti-cheat solution works properly on Linux, and since Valve is a big supporter of Linux (including Steam Deck), it would be infinitely better if Valve can stick to their in-house solutions. In that way, Valve will not be at the mercy of third-party anti-cheat solutions for updates and improvements.

But they would not do something like kernel level detection for cheats right? Valorant already has something similar but their cheat detection works at a very different depth and is far better.
Not sure how this is supposed to work!
Will there be any support for low end hardware like the integrated Intel GPUs? The original CS:GO was pretty much playable even after they introduced some parts from the new Source 2 Engine. All in all the new update looks super exciting, some even say it's an instagram filter put on top.

Wish there was some day/night lighting system to make it more exciting.
CS GO was very CPU dependent. With iGPUs the performance wasn't something very good.
Source 2 isn't very demanding as such. I've seen people using 1650/1650Ti and get steady 150FPS in CS2 which is a good thing. Smokes and mollies, they cause a drop but the game is not very optimized right now so things will improve.

Everything looks brighter than before. The lighting and the reflections, they all look better!

I was expecting something similar but the content available right now is very limited so it is a possibility!

Last edited:
And hey look at it with some optimism! Don't be too cynical :p we still don't have any ideas about all the other features (the PiP warmup nade/smokes weren't even in the trailer!), they would have most definitely improved the anticheat imo for CS2.
ehh lol... This cheat works fine.
1680107452486.png

And a blunder that valve made. They forgot to sv_cheats protect the "cl_physics_highlight_active" command.
1680107536066.png

Back