Courier Service Feedback

Whats with bluedart.

On tracking page, they say "Consignee not available at address". I was at the home 24H, then WTF?

This has happened twice.

I too faced this before, but i get the courier safely. That might be due to some technical error at their end.

After TNT stopped taking Cellphones,Shipped Iphone 4 From Delhi to Mumbai using Aramex.

Transit Time :24 Hours.

Cost :Rs142.

Have been sending all my stuff through TNT. Mobile, computer stuff, etc etc.

Max i have been charged is 248 (Minimum 60 bucks) , and the maximum time any parcel took to reach the designated address - Less than 48 hours
<

...and minimum - 16 hours.

Are you guys declaring the contents as Mobile? Because TNT gave me an estimate of approx Rs 900 to ship a mobile
<

^When i contacted(yesterday) TNT for shipping mobile, they said NO... they wont accept mobile phones, same case with bluedart too
<
Fedex asking 900
<

^ Try DTDC Plus with insurace (cost ~Rs. 500) for a package weighing upto 500 gm and value of approx. 15000/- . The franchisee may not accept mobiles, you may have to go to their branch office.

#archat68, I'm thinking about going to overnite(far away from my place
<
).. do you think dTDC plus will be safe(which is nearer to me)?

I ship all my phones through DTDC Plus with insurance. Make sure you use a branch office rather than a franchisee and declare the item and the value on the consignment note (receipt). Also ensure that they put your package in the tamper proof pouch in front of you. You can ask them to mention the pouch no on the receipt.

No problems so far
<
. Actually DTDC premium services are good as they are mostly handled through branch offices or master franchisee.

Sometimes they don't deliver next business day as promised under DTDC Plus, in that case you can claim a refund of the Plus charges paid.

Are you guys declaring the contents as Mobile? Because TNT gave me an estimate of approx Rs 900 to ship a mobile
<

#archat68 Yes,I always declare correct information about the content of the package.TNT used to charge Rs148 for upto 500gms package irrespective of content of package but now they are charging around Rs900 for sending cellphones.

I Find aramex to be best source to send Cellphones,atleast to All metro's.

<

^When i contacted(yesterday) TNT for shipping mobile, they said NO... they wont accept mobile phones, same case with bluedart too
<
Fedex asking 900
<

Dont call them up, just visit your nearest, Collection Centre/Hub and give it there.

They will check it in front of you. And then you can seal it with tape or whatever.

Bluedart/TNT/ almost all good courier services will give you atrocious quotes over the phone. Max i was charged for sending an iPhone 4 to Mumbai was, 130 bucks. It reached in the evening the very next day.

I went to bluedart and they didnt accept
<
finally went to DTDC corporate office branch. They didnt accept for insurance, saying its glass piece.. no insurance possible. Finally they accepted in open mode(they call it as mention piece) and complete package they've mentioned it in their invoice and why while deliverring they will open and deliver each item in the box.. so they said its 100% no issues... anyways accepted and paid for it, even though its costly, 900rs for 12K value to orissa!

Even if I have to send a roll of Cotton and DTDC is willing to ship it for free,I won't send using DTDC.

That's my experience.

+1, i wont use DTDC for expensive stuff even if they offer it for free, from what i can remember atleast two forum members have lost very expensive items in the past due to theft by DTDC.

Even if I have to send a roll of Cotton and DTDC is willing to ship it for free,I won't send using DTDC.

That's my experience.

My experience with DTDC is very very good so far. I shipped about 40 high value electronic item through them. I use DTDC Prime time plus, Plus or Blue (where Plus is not available) Touchwood. No problem except sometimes they take one more day extra to deliver the item. In that case you can claim refund (I got refund in two cases).

+1, i wont use DTDC for expensive stuff even if they offer it for free, from what i can remember atleast two forum members have lost very expensive items in the past due to theft by DTDC.

That's where insurance and proper declaration comes handy. I always include a detailed invoice mentioning each item in the package also ask them to mention the exact item of the package and it's value on the receipt. Also opt for insurance by paying 2% of the value of the item.

@khurana, well said mate...

i have mouths full of fresh, sweet and pleasent words to express them... FY DTDC!!!

First Flight Couriers - AVOID!

Had very bad experience with then twice.

Firstly, they do not deliver to your doorstep, call you to pick it up from their office.

Else, they just sign the delivery report themselves.

The delivery guys have an attitude and think they are doing us a favour.

First Flight Couriers - AVOID!

Had very bad experience with then twice.

Firstly, they do not deliver to your doorstep, call you to pick it up from their office.

Else, they just sign the delivery report themselves.

The delivery guys have an attitude and think they are doing us a favour.

Same here. They say they have my parcel but will only deliver on a specific day of the week.

If we need it we should come over and collect it. And whats worse is that the courier shop is located nearly an hour from my place.

This is a grievance i will always have against First Flight.

Delivery depends on your local franchisee and the person serving your area. I never had any problem with First Flight. Next day delivery to Bhubaneswar from NCR and Bangalore. The person is also very good. He comes twice for delivery. Once home was locked for an entire day, and then he called up himself and came to give the mobile at 7 in the evening.

On the contrary, I always face problem with Bluedart. The people out there have a lot of attitude. They come to deliver when they wish but they mention that address was wrong or premises locked. They receive my call only when my luck is good. However they responded quickly when I sent mail to their Kiokata Cust Care.

As for Aramex they are pathetic. The consignment reaches their office (around 7-8 km from my home) within 2 days of dispatch from NCR but they deliver only after 4-5 days. Inspite of calling everyday they give false assurance that it will be delivered the same day.

Back