Courier Service Feedback

Don't like FedEx

Once I received a shipment worth Rs. 2500 from Mumbai. The shipment was all paid from origin and since I am living at Nagpur I just had to pay an octroi of 4% on eletronic goods received which came around Rs.125. But the FedEx delivery person presented me with 'their own' challan where they specified mysterious Rs.110 charge extra to the octroi. When enqired about it, I was just told that FedEx adds servioce charge to every customer. I refused to pay it and asked to talk to some superior person in FedEx hierarchy at Nagpur. The so-called supervisor also said that this is 'FedEx's policy to collect service charge. I then called Mumbai to the place fromwhere my consignment was shipped and told them about this issue. They talked to FedEx Mumbai and contacted back with a message that 'They talked with FedEx Mumbai and this is not FedEx policy and Nagpur office is ilegally collecting service charge.' I took my shipment in my possesion and said sorry I will only pay octroi and not the 'service charges' I was quite adamant on it and took my bill had some argument and then finally they let me have my shipment without any service charge !

DTDC Courier

I had really good experience with them till now. I find it to be best combination of value and service.

Blue Dart

Awesome service but very very pricey. Only go for it when it's really urgent and you want to ensure safe delivery.

Tej Courier

On slow side. But decent experience with them. They don't provide any tracking service though.

AFL-Wiz

I prefer this courier. Like DTDC good Value for money. Is bit pricer than DTDC though but ensures gauranteed delivery.

Heard of new courier company "Quantium", which myntra.com is using these days.

Got my order delivered within 3 days of placing an order but I was unavailable and told the courier guy to come next day. Now, it's going to be 12 days and the product is still lying at courier company's warehouse. I don't understand why the courier company is not delivering my product and why don't they call up the customer before coming for the product delivery.

BAD EXPERIENCE..

Guys i am having a deal of a monitor with a member of Pune but when he asked dtdc and other courier they told that they can't ship monitor, but i have seen many members shipping lcds, so can anyone tell me which courier service you use for shipping lcd monitors. I was so excited to get the deal but the courier guys spoiling all the fun.

^^ Ask them about Cargo mode. You can also use the surface mode. Also, instead of talking to franchisee talk directly to the branch office.

^^ Ask them about Cargo mode. You can also use the surface mode. Also, instead of talking to franchisee talk directly to the branch office.

I think He asked about the cargo mode but they said no, and i will tell him to talk directly to the branch office, thanks for the advice.

I am giving the marks for following courier out of 10, based on my experience:

DTDC :- Best service at nominal cost 9/10 Marks

First Flight Courier:- They do not deal in non-documents. But If you want speedy and secure delivery of documents they are best. 8.5/10 Marks

BlueDart: Best & Professional courier service ever i have met. But too expensive for common man. 8.5/10

Overnite Express: Good. 8/10 Marks

PAFEX : 7.5/10

Trackon Courier:- I am still tracking the shipment from one week. 6/10 Marks

Professional Courier:- They should be called Unprofessional Courier. 4/10 Marks

Thanks

Nits

Had a computer cabinet shipped from Primeabgb via professional courier. The date of dispatch is 10.12.2011. Still havent recieved the cabinet though the cabinet is just 20 Kms. in a brach office from where i stay. Tracking number does not work, no body picks up when calling customer care. Had to call primeabgb, they some tracked down the cabinet. Very very poor service. 0/10

Guys i need to ship a ram to delhi and i went to blue dart to enquire about the charges they said it will cost 400rs to ship
<
does it cost that much to ship a ram?

one of my couriers from ebay was shipped a couple of days back through DTDC...when i track the item on their website, it says attempted once but undelivered cause of misroute...my doubt is , will they ship it back to the seller right away or try another attempt to get it delivered to the me.

Back