Courier Service Feedback

I don't understand WTF is wrong with Blue Dart. Till date they delivered all the stuff one time till my doorstep.

But when it comes to delivering low value stuff, they take their own sweet time to deliver it.

This time they asked me for Octroi for a couple of bottles of deos and shampoos. I mean I've received much costlier electronic stuff at my doorstep without paying a single rupee as Octroi. I don't understand why're they're interested in recovering Rs. 70 as Octroi for cheap stuff like deo and shampoo bottles.

Blue Dart is good, but only for high value shipments. For cheap stuff, better use First Flight or DTDC.
<

anyone here from chennai? does AFL courier service have a good network here? do they deliver items properly? planning to buy an item from ebay and seller has only AFL option since he is from bilaspur

First time ever something shipped via DTDC got delivered at my place without multiple tries. Also the delivery was pretty fast from Chandigarh to Mumbai- just 2 days. Else every other time DTDC finds my address pretty hard to trace even though its very famous and easy to reach place. Previously i had to guide them via phone turn by turn as if i'm his a-gps. Hope henceforth they will keep up the good work and earn more goodwill.
<

Similar experience with DTDC lite. Seller booked a package (mouse) around 6PM on 12th March (Tamilnadu) & it got delivered to me today around 1PM 14th March (Punjab). For a regular courier I guess that's pretty fast. It was at their Delhi branch, the very next day, i.e. 13th. Damn good service!
<

How much did it cost??

If you are a individual users, then it will be very difficult to ship any sort of electronics though again it depends on where you are located.

Here in Kolkata, DTDC ships mobile phone to metro cities using DTDC plus for 300 bucks without insurance.

For non-metro cities, you need to use DTDC Blue and get insurance done at 6% of valuation.

^ DTDC Bhawan, Raghunathpur will ship phone. Take it in open condition with a invoice. Show them the contents and pack before them. They will charge for Plus or Blue as per availability and weight and 2% as insurance charge.

Guys, now BLUE DART accepts mobile phones/electronic items values up to 5000 INR Just last week sent an iphone 4S(declared as 5000 value) to chennai from bangalore for just 300rs and delivered safely
<
. I dont know whether i should take credit for this, but here is story happened in last few weeks,

I've failed to convince the blue dart people to accept the mobile phones, at least here in bangalore, but i always receive any online purchase(be it a mobile phone or laptop or tablet) through bluedart, at least 95% cases. Then why i here in bangalore, they were not accepting the same and also they accept if you ship it to international(DHL). so i sent a big mail to BLUE DART MD(got his mail id after bit of googlying), asking why so many different policies with in single company(accepts mobile phones from corporate customers or a/c holders, acccepts from any individual for international shipment, but why not the same followed for an individual when he wants to ship to domestic)...

The very next day i got a mail from him and phone calls from bangalore BLUE DART, and got a confirmation that in future they will accept it (at least for me).

But when i went to send last week, that collection guy told me, they got official mail to accept mobile phone for up to value 5000 a week back. so i didnt even need to call my reference for influencing the collection guy
<

Guys, now BLUE DART accepts mobile phones/electronic items values up to 5000 INR Just last week sent an iphone 4S(declared as 5000 value) to chennai from bangalore for just 300rs and delivered safely
<

That was the most foolish thing you did. Although Blue Dart is good but it was very foolish to ship a 30K phone declared as 5K. Do you know that they have a X-ray scanner at Airport? They can easily see that it is a iPhone and declared as 5K, any bad guy can simply steal the phone and say that the package is lost and they will offer you compensation of 5K. You'll have to be happy with that.

I learnt it the hard way
<

That was the most foolish thing you did. Although Blue Dart is good but it was very foolish to ship a 30K phone declared as 5K. Do you know that they have a X-ray scanner at Airport? They can easily see that it is a iPhone and declared as 5K, any bad guy can simply steal the phone and say that the package is lost and they will offer you compensation of 5K. You'll have to be happy with that.

I learnt it the hard way
<
But so far i've not heard any such thing with blue dart.. they just wont treat this as 5K theft... sthey will investigate and take necessary action, but ofcourse i will be in loss and get only 5K. Other thing, you cant simply tell them the value is 5K and send.. you need to show the phone infront of them and then pack it..and declare its value.. Almost all of the sellers in ebay who uses blue dart, does the same. since if its more than 5K value, then they will not send through document mode and only way is apex mode, which is way costlier. For me first they quoted 3K , when i told its 30K item. Then i've opted for document mode which has limit of 5K and charges is only 300.

So even before it goes through X-Ray machine or whatever scanner, they will know its iPhone and collection boy/delivery boy already knows its iphone and even in the declaration i did mention its iPhone 4S, but value is 5000!

Back