CPU/Mobo CPU Cooler under 3k

I am sorry for posting my views late. Apologies sir. :)..
i wasnt aiming at an apology :( and I do appreciate you trying to help me here and I was rather being honest than arrogant :) ...I was asking about an image uploaded by another guy with a D14 inside his CM Elite 430 cabby..but i noticed you posting in the same thread and hence u must be aware of it.....Also just in case Rahul is ready to hold the shipment and ready to entertain a change in my order(assuming NH-U12P SE2 is in stock wid him) , are u sure there wont be much of a difference in temps between these?

^^

Post the the thread link here. Let me see. That is permitted. :)

Though check this for comparison of the two HSFs. But difficult to tell how much the 870 was OC'ed.

hmm thats wat i was afraid of 5-7C difference for Rs 1000/- :( ... i dont have any experience wid after market coolers or overclocking, but had such things in mind for a long time :) n wanted the best i can get... nyways heres the TDF link... Here you can see images with D14 inside Elite 430, well conjusted but not too bad(with some cable mngmt) is it? wat do u think...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

^^^

Theitwares doesnt have NH-U12P SE2 in stock he will be shipping me the NH-D14, i will be updating next week about how everything goes through..Thanks all for the help..

Got ma D14 last week and had time this weekend to mount it and see hw it panned out with my case and the cooling performance...The installation was just like it was supposed to be 'not so easy' with the kinda space i have inside the CM Elite 430, the plugging in the Y adapter to the mobo's CPU fan connector was very difficult and so was mounting the center fan to the heatsink after installing it on mobo..It wasnt so much a pain but wasnt so easy either, no complaints though :)...

My temps have come down really nicely and got ma X2 560 BE to unlock a 3rd core & it is 12 hrs prime95 stable at 3.8Ghz,CPU-Vcore 1.4 :) and the temp never goes over 45C (core temps are not available as its unlocked to a X3 ) ... want to push it towards 4Ghz but it seems to be little more tricky than increasing multiplier to 20 n upping vcore, so will need more time to tweak it..... will be updating in the coming weeks....

I havent really got enough time to finalize/tweak the air flow directions/ fan setup but nyways i will post a pic of ma rig... i have one side fan 120mm/ front fan 120mm both blowing air in...The D14s outer 120mm fan in blowing air in from back which i guess isnt so nice, but i cant take the fan over to the other side as it will cover all my 4 RAM slots...Suggestions are welcome..:)

^^ Great buy bruv, congrats on this purchase. May it serve you well for many years to come.

Okay but I'm worried about your SMPS -- if it is a Cooler Master eXtreme Power 500W, that is the next thing you must change with atleast a FSP Saga II OR Corsair VX 450.

Back