CPU/Mobo CPU Cooler under 3k

MrCool

Disciple
Jun 14, 2011
I am thinking about replacing my stock cooler on AMD Phenom II X2 560 BE which will be arriving today or tmrw(Bought from TheItwares, Rahul) for the core unlocking and OC possibilities. My case is CM Elite 430. I know i can get CM Hyper 212 + for around 2k, but if there are any that would out perform it for a slight increase in price i don't want to end up regretting. help me with your suggestions.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

No replys yet!!! Is that coz theres none else in that price range? somebody confirm this if possible that CM hyper 212 + is the only decent cooler around 3k..

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India

MrCool

Disciple
Jun 14, 2011
Thanks for your suggestions, i am considering Noctua DH14 although it will be a significant investment compared to the 3k budget i was talking about. I think the investment will be worth it considering a i wont need to replace it for a long... time..Not decided yet though. Still open for suggestions..

May 21, 2011
you can go for cooler master hyper n620 selling around 2.8k. i used to have it with my i7 920. great cooler for that price. it has two blue led also, looks cool in the dark.

Hades.

Skilled
Aug 23, 2010
Spend 750 bucks more and buy Noctua NH-U12P SE2 which is great at cooling and very silent performing cooler...

MrCool

Disciple
Jun 14, 2011
As u can see in my siggy I bought a X2 560 BE last week and I am able to unlock it into a X4B60 just cudnt get it stable though. I dint play much wid voltages.Want to make sure i have a decent cooler b4 i can squeeze every drop of juice outta that proccy... Noctua DH-14 is selling at Rs4900 at itwares though the warranty is taking a beating down from 6 years to 1 years..if the U12P SE2 is gonna cost me 3750/- i think i wud better get DH-14 though it will mean another 30 days to go with an empty purse n more items in waitin :(.. I cant help but notice the 'though' s in all my three sentences,, conditions...

Hades.

Skilled
Aug 23, 2010
Noctua NH-D14 would make your rig look conjusted unless you have a huge cabinet... :p

I am not saying its a bad cooler infact its a great cooler... :p

P.S: I didn't know that Noctua coolers only come with one year warranty :(

MrCool

Disciple
Jun 14, 2011
My cabby is a CM Elite 430, i guess it will be able to accommodate a DH14 but my main concern like anyone else is how many of the ram slots will be covered when using this with my mobo Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3(it is there in the Noctua DH14 supported mobo list ). The ram i currently use is only value ram from Corsair and that too only 1 2GB stick. I should be fine for now, but what if i choose to upgrade? Will i have at least 2 slots in my mobo for a dual channel config with possibly 2 ram sticks with heatsink? ie DH14 should only cover 1 of my ram slots :(.. Also if i go for NH-U12P SE2 will the ram slot story be much different?

nick2012

Adept
Jan 12, 2011
delhi
yeah dude it will make your 2-3 slots unusable its pretty big

and i think true-120 will do your job and it works well with amd...

better than hyper 212+

dunno exact price but its under 3k

ALPHA17

Cooler "Master"
Skilled
Jan 6, 2010
Delhi, India
^^ If you plan to upgrade to Corsair ValueRAM then don't worry, they are low-profile and will not be obstructed by any means by the cooler, but putting in the RAM and removing it will become a pain for sure, plus if it is a AM3 socket board then,

NH-U12P SE2 will cover only one RAM slot, but as you're using ValueRAM it should easily fit under the heat-sink overhang, with the NH-D14 expect at-least two of your slots to be covered.

MAGNeT

Skilled
May 4, 2005
I bought dh 14 yesterday from theitwares for 4.75k.I wanted SE 12p but it wasnt available.Next available was c12 which was 4.25k .But somehow i liked the bigger box of dh14 and went for it.

I agree its really a too big cooler i had to remove one fan out of my new tempest evo to connect it.

No doubt its good but if you really have a massive cabinet like evo than only go for it.

I dont see one need to think for warranty for this product except the fans.How can the cooler heatpipes get damage unless you do WWE with it?

MrCool

Disciple
Jun 14, 2011
@MAGNeT : Which Mobo are you using and is any of your ram slots getting covered by D14? if you could post some pictures that would help too... I want to get the D14 and i saw some pics of D14 inside CM Elite 430 posted in another forum( think hotlinking those pics will be a bad idea, :)), it looks bit tight and not much clearance from the cabinet but sure it is possible.. i dont care for the looks of my cabby and it is only the performance that i am concerned about. But sure this will make installation of ram and removal a hassle but if i stick to value rams it isn't much of a worry i think..

MAGNeT

Skilled
May 4, 2005
Ill post the picts in few hours as i have to complete some important work .

My main mobo is some $#itty asrock g41 model(having 4 ram slots 2 ddr3 and 2 ddr 2).I had a lot of trouble connecting the power pin and cpu cooler pin on mobo as they are horribly placed just next to cpu(ill post the pictures you will get idea).

I am using the mobo just for a gap as because of my mistake my abit ip35e is dead and no gigabyte model was available.Plus i am awaiting bulldozer setup.

MrCool said:
@MAGNeT : Which Mobo are you using and is any of your ram slots getting covered by D14? if you could post some pictures that would help too... I want to get the D14 and i saw some pics of D14 inside CM Elite 430 posted in another forum( think hotlinking those pics will be a bad idea, :)), it looks bit tight and not much clearance from the cabinet but sure it is possible.. i dont care for the looks of my cabby and it is only the performance that i am concerned about. But sure this will make installation of ram and removal a hassle but if i stick to value rams it isn't much of a worry i think..

MrCool

Disciple
Jun 14, 2011
I am going for the kill. Will order the NH-D14 from TheItwares.com 'Rahul' today.. Lets see hw everything goes. I'm hoping everything would be fine :)...

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
The NHD14 is really going to clutter your cabinet. It is a pain working with the board and fans once the NHD14 is put in. And that has to be placed outside the cabinet and then you slide the board in. At times people like to mount the coolers once the board is placed on the array of spacers, but that can cause stress to the socket area when you bind down the HSF. I have it in my CM690 and regret it. Get the NH-U12P SE2 version, which strikes me as more VFM and ease of use. Saying all this from my experience. Cooling wise you will not see a world of difference.

MrCool

Disciple
Jun 14, 2011
@asingh , Just ordered NH-D14 from TheITwares and i come back to see this post by you :(...Wish you had posted this some while ago...nyways i am hoping for the best.. i really cudnt digest the idea of saving Rs1000/- on a lesser performance one, that was the prob haunting me...Now all i can do is to hope for the best and enjoy working with the beast...I dont want to drive rahul nuts by changing the order or something ...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

U really got me into two minds asingh, Infact you scared the $#it outta me...I have sent a PM to Rahul asking if he will entertain any change in my order..Dont know if he has already left for shipping my D14( I really dont care now :()..Also is there anyway i can post a Thinkdigit forum image in here? or it would only help me receive some warnings ?

asingh

Staff member
Super Mod
Jun 13, 2009
New Delhi
^^

I am sorry for posting my views late. Apologies sir.

The image, if it is hosted on TDF's image hosting then you cannot post it here, cause it would be a hotlink. Else if you have it on imageshack/photobucket then of course you can post it here. OR, do you want to post someone's upload image from TDF here..?