CPU/Mobo CPU does'nt power ON!!

cooler2005

Disciple
Hi Guys!

I'm in deep trouble..! Plz help me out..

This is the situation...

When I turn on the CPU, I get the beep sound and the CPU lights also turn ON, I see monitor booting up the OS, but just after the beep the CPU turns off automatically! And then it again reboots and the same thing happens again!! This has happened repeatedly today! i've tried 6-7 times!

Following is my configuration....

RAM - 4GB Kingston DDR3 1333Mhz
HDD - 500GB Seagate Sata
SMPS - CM500W
CPU - Intel Quad Core 2.66Ghz Core i6-750
MOBO - Intel DH55TC
GPU - MSI N250GTS
Cabinet - CM elite 310

What could the problem be?? Plz help guys!

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Just to let you guys know, all the fans work properly, the SPMS, GPU, Cabinet all of them work fine!

Re: CPU does'nt powerON!! Help!

Check you cpu temperature in your BIOS. Its seems to be another temperature issue.

now it does'nt even load the first screen..it does'nt boot upto the point where i can press f2.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the cpu restarts...after 5 seconds of my pushing the power on button....how would it boot from the cd drive?

hi!

i told you...i can't go to the bios settings..the cpu restarts after 5 seconds! it does'nt even reach the state where i have to press f2 to enter bios!

@ CA50 - In this situation i would like to raise one question ..

Actually if the CPU temp reaches abnormal levels when switching on the PC, will the sensors shutdown the PC or restart the PC ? It should shutdown IMO, correct me if i am wrong. So if it restarts, it cant be a thermal issue, right ??

what about the psu? do check the psu with another system. also get another psu and plug into your system.

Try cleaning rams and reinsert.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

one question how do u see the OS booting on monitor and you are not able to get into bios:S

For starters, reset the CMOS by plugging out the battery for 30 seconds or so. Make sure the PSU is not connected and press the power button 2-3 time prior to removing the button cell. Also redo all the connectors, and blow hard couple of time on the empty DIMM/PCI.E slots.

Post back.

Clear CMOS jumper. Its the first thing to do whenever u cant boot. Next try changing RAM slots. Check with 1 RAM stick only, on all slots. Try removing all peripherals, connecting ony the bare minimum. (mouse, kb, monitor).

Also try cleaning out RAM contacts. If you live in a humid area and didnt power on the system for a while, it could help.

Ok mate, strip ur system to the are minimum (psu+mobo+proccy+ram) and try to start, see what happens, now connect other hardwares one by one and check if the problem persists.

Back