Budget 21-30k CPU, MOBO, HDD, RAM, Cabinet, PSU Suggestion Please

If you want an i3, then you might as well get the i3 4130 + H81 chipset board. Should be only 1k more.

Edit: Should be even less, only 200 bucks difference as per prices on Delta.
i3 4130 (8.2k) + Gigabyte H81M-DS2 (3.8k) = 12k
i3 3210 (7.3k) + Gigabyte B75M-D3H (4.5k) = 11.8k

Last edited:
#harshilsharma & Crazy_Eddy

Can you please explain how Haswell (i3 4130 + Gigabyte H81M-DS2) will be better compare to (i3 3210 + Gigabyte B75M-D3H) apart from that Haswell is LATEST TECHNOLOGY and save Power with increase speed.

I just want it to be sure that there should be NO DEMAND/Complaint from Nephew in coming 4-5 years that the PC is now Dabba (he start complaining same about P4 now.)

Any input please?

Agreed Ivy/1155 all day. Haswell uses more wattage, runs hotter, overclocks lower, doesn't offer significant performance increase and on top of it all costs more and so do the 1150 boards you need to use it. Haswell has it's place in the mobile arena due to better graphics and lower power usage (mobile only) But as far as the desktop enthusiast market it doesn't offer enough performance and has too many drawbacks to be considered a viable enthusiast platform. Also when the next gen "broadwell" releases on the 1150 socket it is rumored a new board will be needed anyways due to different power delivery systems. ... from TomsHardware

I am using an i3 2100 from the last 3 years and I'm prefectly satisfied with it considering it's price.
If you want an i3, then you might as well get the i3 4130 + H81 chipset board. Should be only 1k more.

Edit: Should be even less, only 200 bucks difference as per prices on Delta.
i3 4130 (8.2k) + Gigabyte H81M-DS2 (3.8k) = 12k
i3 3210 (7.3k) + Gigabyte B75M-D3H (4.5k) = 11.8k

Last edited:
If he managed for 10 years on a P4 then he should be ok with either Ivy or Haswell for the next 4~5 years. But, if in the future his requirements grow beyond the system it makes more sense to upgrade then, rather than throw more money at the system now in hopes of making it futureproof.

Haswell isn't significantly faster, but its about 5% better, plus the i3 4130 has a higher clockspeed than the i3 3210 (~6%). If you are ready to spend 4k more for an i3 over a Pentium G2xxx for a 10~15% improvement, do you not feel that a ~5% improvement for only 200 rupees more is good value? Another plus point would be that since its a newer platform, if your mobo or proc have problems in the next few years you might have better luck getting replacements for a more recent platform.

An A10 is just an FX 4xxx with a good IGP. An FX 6xxx may top an i3, but I don't think an FX 4xxx will do well. And since you're planning to get a dedicated GPU in the future, the A10 IGP becomes redundant. Not to mention the FM2 socket is already dead.

Hello #harshilsharma, #Crazy_Eddy and Friends,
Any Haswell Processor (low price than i3 4xxx) available in market?
There are Few Haswell processor released by Intel for low cost machine, any information when they available for Indian Market?
Is it better to wait 1-2 month and when Haswell low price Processor hit the market by than build system with 1150 Mother Board? as 3rd Generation Processors and 1155 Boards will End of life soon.

Thanks

Back