CPU/Mobo CPU Overheating and fan TOOOO noisy - Phenom II X4 975 BE

Nishu, you are my new Hero!!!
<

After chaging the fan mode to PWM in the BIOS, the fan noise has reduced even further. This tweak is awesome indeed. Thanks a ton!

So, I guess you have also installed the Hyper 212 EVO for your proccy? If yes, whats the temp and fan RPM you get at idel and on full load?

^^ Glad to know your problem is solved Sire, now go fix up the cabling and the upturn the SMPS. Cheers!! and happy gaming.

Thanks Alpha17! You have been a great help.
<

Over this weekend, I will take the final call about installing the custom cooler and/or fitting the extra fans in my cabinet. Then there is also the issue of upturning the SMPS and tidying up the cables..so many things to do! For now, the fan noise is reduced at least..

BTW, which UPS would you recommend for my rig? I am guessing I'd need 1KVA??

^^ For your RIG a decent one would be the APC BR-650VA-IN OR you can try to get a 700VA variant at max, the 1KVA will be an unnecessary expenditure in my views, but let other members pitch in too.

The whirring/buzzing fan noise strikes again!!!
<

Today I finally mounted the SMPS in the right orientation and was anticipating the fan noise to become even less audible.

I started using the Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery to recover the lost logical partitions on another drive. But lo and behold, the CPU fan is whirring like mad again!! This is surprising.

Anyways, here are the screenshots:

I now only need to do proper cable management. But surely slightly messy cables can't suddenly increase the temp so much! Especially when till now, the fan noise was considerably less..seems custom cooler is inevitable now...

Are those ideal or load temps of your CPU i.e 55 C.

Man those are high temps if at ideal.

Do some cable management and add a extra fan at front for intake.

This might reduce temps as well as whirring sound.

dude, why dont you change the cooler, i tried all the circus of PWM, cabinet etc., that wont solve the problem,

buy an Hyper 212 EVO or any other coolers suggested and enjoy your system

^You speak truth. I *do* intend to buy Hyper 212 EVO, however, I am hard-pressed for time and can only get it installed over the weekends. In the mean time, just trying various methods to keep things calm (pun very much intended).

Back