CPU/Mobo Cpu Required(Intel Or Amd)?

Has it got good overclocking capabilities since obviously will be overclocking the opty or shud i go for any other mobo in the range of 6k.

The A8N-E shud be the best choice in that price range and it is a very good Ocer..its the best value board with ample features for 5600/-...:)

And as goldie said..better get a dual core and a decent mobo (if not the best), instead of a single core..since you've clearly said that you want to do some fast video encoding and multi tasking as well.. Else for gaming alone, a single core shud have been a more viable choice..

Anyways, stick to your 165 decision and get a A8NE along with it...eyes closed! :D

@ Cayotee
Can u tell me exactly where at lammy do u get a8ne for 5600
Also as many people have quote of 18500 here at te for 165,I cant seem to find any shop quoting below 19k at lammy.

I guess difference of 500 bucks isnt much..come on dude its 165 for god sake and you are as it is getting at a very good price.

Darklord said:
I guess difference of 500 bucks isnt much..come on dude its 165 for god sake and you are as it is getting at a very good price.
No darky the thing is initially i had a budget of max 12k for the cpu,as it is i extended this to abt 18k.
Also will be getting x850 xt pe or 7800gt,for that i again have to shell abt 4k extra for getting a new psu.
So here each and every extra buck matters to me:p

^^Hey buddy, did you talk to them on the phone? Go to them and do a bit of a bargaining..tell them that some one you know had bought the mobo from your shop for 5600/-...sure they are quoting you higher..

i had been to their shop only a few days ago and since they didnt have the mobo with them, they confirmed the price over the phone from some other shop and then quoted me rs.5600 for it..of course i didnt buy it as it was for someone else..but you can confirm the price with other TE members who have bought it..:)

You can check the price on this page as well..http://www.techenclave.com/forums/hardware-prices-Motherboard-AMD-5.html

Sure it is a bit old quote from november but i'm sure prices have not gone up..:)

Ya i went there today myself to their shop.he said Rs 6250
I even told him that my friend bought it from him for 5600.
But lowest he cud go was rs6100.

people cud u confirm that asus A8n-e is gud enuf for oc 165.
I did some googling and found that some users with their a8n-e did not have a good time oc their opty165 with it.
Also is dfi lanparty ut ultra-d available at lammy.
If so at what price?

Alright my Opty 165 has arrived at my dealers place,will be picking it up tomorrow.
I got the stepping though it is ccbwe 0551 WPMW.
Can anyone comment abt this stepping?

Back