Credit card recommendations?

1 point = 1 Re of petrol still isn't bad.
Yes, rp=1rs for fuel which is very good even now, but when compared to other cards, it gives less than 2% discount on other purchases .

Screenshot_20230311-123513_1.jpg

Also citi has 10% discount offers for amazon sales.
My plan is to keep the card till axis changes the terms or phases it out. Meanwhile, get another card and close citi cc

Airmiles is 1st world?
Is it not, unless ur travelling for business or official purpose and able to use personal CC for booking/ tagging Airmiles number to itenary ? And then HAD to plan a vacation for using the accumulated miles.

I don't think so anybody travel by air every 3 months unless he can afford it without much thought :D

Points expire if you don't redeem them on time.
DAMN !!!
For now, I have opted for HDFC Regalia, my bank offered it LTF with no minimum annual spend cap + spending limit on par with Citi offered. I have found it beneficial on online and offline spends by scoring good discounts. You can explore the same along with their Millenia series card.
Will check Regalia And Millenia.
What about amazon ici or sbi cash back in comparison to above mentioned hdfc cards?

Axis points have a validity of 3 years which I personally think is a long enough timeframe to redeem those points

I would suggest to not go for inferior reward cards like Regalia or Millennia if you are looking for a cashback card then SBI Cashback or Axis Ace or BoB Eterna
Else if you want a premium card then Axis Magnus

I hold two 10k+GST credit cards but i don't find it too much of a big deal

SBI cash back is better, you are earning back on all types of transactions with an exception of rent, wallet top up and fuel spends. Cardexpert puts it among top entry level cards.

I would say Axis Magnus is the best credit card right now even if your spending is on par of Regalia

True, Magnus is on Visa Infinite platform, loaded with benefits, it's several notches above Regalia.

True, Magnus is on Visa Infinite platform, loaded with benefits, it's several notches above Regalia.
Actually MW Elite is better than Vusa Infinite
SBI cash back is better, you are earning back on all types of transactions with an exception of rent, wallet top up and fuel spends. Cardexpert puts it among top entry level cards.
Also if you think that wallet load cannot earn you 5% cashback then you're misinformed *siuuuuu*

Eterna is better if you're looking for lounge accesses.

If merchant category code is not of wallet load then you would get 5%
lol, How many times did you got MCC other than wallet load?
Tomorrow, I'll say, "If you think that rent cannot earn you 5% cashback on Cashback SBI Card then you're misinformed *siuuuuu*"

I accept that Paytm gives other MCC that gives 5% which can be identified by seeing "PAYTM" as a merchant name, but it's very very rare nowadays. Also, there is a ample chance that you'll get 1% for Paytm Wallet load only if you get "Paytm" as a merchant name.

BTW, are you [Slayer]?

Last edited:
lol, How many times did you got MCC other than wallet load?
Tomorrow, I'll say, "If you think that rent cannot earn you 5% cashback on Cashback SBI Card then you're misinformed *siuuuuu*"

I accept that Paytm gives other MCC that gives 5% which can be identified by seeing "PAYTM" as a merchant name, but it's very very rare nowadays. Also, there is a ample chance that you'll get 1% for Paytm Wallet load only if you get "Paytm" as a merchant name.

BTW, are you [Slayer]?
Yes

I think SBI cashback card is unbeatable right now in terms of rewards.
With SBI YONO Gyftr, you can buy wallet codes at discount AND get 5% extra on top of that.
For example, they have myntra codes for 10% discount. For Rs 1000 myntra coupon, it will cost you Rs 855 in the end!
10% off = 900, 5% off further = 855, effective discount of 14.5%

With just 1-2 months of use you can easily cover your annual charge.
And all cashback is credited to next bill cycle, no claiming hassles.

Only disadvantages I would say is very low credit limit nearly for everyone (from comments on cardexpert review for this card, can try to shift credit limit if you have another sbi cc), no airport lounge benefits. Edit - I was mistaken, there is one lounge visit per quarter. Also, there is cashback limit of 10k per month, implies 2L spends per month.

With amazon cc and sbi cashback cc, you can pretty much cover all your shopping needs. For travel, fuel and other stuff, other cards are better.

Last edited:
Only disadvantages I would say is very low credit limit nearly for everyone (from comments on cardexpert review for this card, can try to shift credit limit if you have another sbi cc), no airport lounge benefits.

With amazon cc and sbi cashback cc, you can pretty much cover all your shopping needs. For travel, fuel and other stuff, other cards are better.
There's one lounge access per quarter

Funny thing about this card is that it gets you access to many premium lounges which cards worth 10k aren't able to

For fuel no card is good, better to use fuel transactions for annual fee waiver milestones

Detailed statement in your email, sadly not in the app or desktop.
It seems since last to last month, even ICICI has started giving item-wise cashback details in their email CC statement. I was just looking at the statement today and it had a rewards column.

By which, I also found that it now gives 1% rewards on all spends. Not sure if this has always been there or recently implemented. Anyway, not very useful for me since Axis gives 1.5% real cashback on all spends and I already have that card.

It seems since last to last month, even ICICI has started giving item-wise cashback details in their email CC statement. I was just looking at the statement today and it had a rewards column.

By which, I also found that it now gives 1% rewards on all spends. Not sure if this has always been there or recently implemented. Anyway, not very useful for me since Axis gives 1.5% real cashback on all spends and I already have that card.
Amazon CC always had 1% CB on normal spends, 2% CB on bill payment, travel, etc via amazon & some other places like Swiggy. For regular transactions & swiggy, Axis FK CC is indeed better with 1.5% & 4% CB respectively.

People who use CC for wallet loads, what do you do with the wallet balance that you would not be able to do with the CC itself in the first place? Also, which wallets do you use?

People who use CC for wallet loads, what do you do with the wallet balance that you would not be able to do with the CC itself in the first place? Also, which wallets do you use?
Amex MRCC, load paytm wallets from uber and zomato with monthly 4k restriction. MRCC 1500 x 4 will fetch you 1000 points.
used to do this earlier but since rupay cc came on upi ever been using that. Wherever CC upi fails use paytm balance.
Also i hold a paytm fastag so if trips occured it deducts from paytm wallet balance. Paytm preferred .

Yes, rp=1rs for fuel which is very good even now, but when compared to other cards, it gives less than 2% discount on other purchases .

View attachment 162927
Also citi has 10% discount offers for amazon sales.
My plan is to keep the card till axis changes the terms or phases it out. Meanwhile, get another card and close citi cc

Is it not, unless ur travelling for business or official purpose and able to use personal CC for booking/ tagging Airmiles number to itenary ? And then HAD to plan a vacation for using the accumulated miles.

I don't think so anybody travel by air every 3 months unless he can afford it without much thought :D

DAMN !!!

Will check Regalia And Millenia.
What about amazon ici or sbi cash back in comparison to above mentioned hdfc cards?
checked the cards offered by sbi (sbicard.com), seems all of them has annual fees. :mad:
checked icici cards, nothing was suiting , except amazon co-branded
checked hdfc catalogue, Regalia's attraction seems to be lounge access, but 3 cards--> Millennia, Bharat and IOCL cobranded Fuel card looks interesting

anybody using any of the above cards give their advantages for day2day spends ?

Last edited:
Checked the off

checked the cards offered by sbi (sbicard.com), seems all of them has annual fees. :mad:
checked icici cards, nothing was suiting , except amazon co-branced
checked hdfc catalogue, Regalia's attraction seems to be lounge access, but 3 cards--> Millennia, Bharat and IOCL cobranded Fuel card looks interesting

anybody using any of the above cards give their advantages for day2day spends ?
Millennia is decent, but I have it LTF (life time free).

For daily purchases, I use my Axis FK CC. It has 1.5% cashback on any spends. Tough to beat it unless you get co-branded cards or really premium cards. It is not LTF, but 500 gets waived for me as hitting 2 lakhs of annual spends is not tough.

Back