Cricket World Cup 2011 Thread

techpal said:
U r wrong. Semifinals will be between winners of 1st and 3rd QF and 2nd and 4th QF. So no Ind Pak match possible b4 Final .
Nopes.. It is the other way round. Between winners of 1st & 2nd QF, and winners of 3rd & 4th QF. There is a chance for an Indo-Pak semi at Mohali.

Edit : i think u are correct and cricinfo is also correct as 1st and 3rd QF is C and E....... the order was changed depending upon the home teams wanting to play matches at home......... other wise india and aus would have played 3rd QF as india was ranked second in there group........ anyways hope India clashes with Pakistan it will one hell of a match.......[/QUOTE]

Ya rite :)

Like someone else said , there is no way australia will collapse twice.Sri lankan batting is suspect as many of their batsmen are out of form.Dlishan's pallu scoop isn't working and murali isn't that effective against india.Indians read mendez rather well and malinga is effective against tail-enders. If sangakara and jaiwardne get out soon the lankans will be in big trouble.

Coming to the west indies pakistan match, both are unpredictable sides.In the end it will come down to how pakistan plays and how gayle plays.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

XTechManiac said:
Dear people arguing if India should win or lose this match, if you have to lose a match to win the next one, then you don't deserve to be champions. Thanks.
Who said anything abt being champions? Do you honestly think this team has what it takes to win the cup??If it does win it will be an "act of god"!

Roxtin said:
I seriously doubt that India can beat Aussies :no:
Prepare for riots if Pak wins and India doesn't, lol.

India will really have to play well to beat Australia. I'm expecting Bhajji to bowl decent but God help our pacers keep the run rate under 6 an over =|

There is nothing in my hands so only thing is wishing Dhoni's Luck will come back to him and he keeps Piyush away from the playing 11, Doesn't give Nehra the last over, Keeps the field positions correctly, Takes the batting power play intelligently, Atleast scores a 50 if not 100 at 100 strike rate if not at 200.......

By now every one would be knowing that zaheer is gonna bowl around 30 -36 overs so Dhoni should have some new tricks up his sleeve, otherwise they will play zaheer of and counter attack.

Back