Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

vamsi_krishna said:
Thats why on the safe side.. i opted 9GB thing.

Anyways, ETA 3 Hours.
Got good news guys. Performance of the 9.22GB version is miles ahead of the 6.97GBG ver. its running on Hardcore @ 1920x1080 and no lags nothing. No crashes and glitches till now. Can play from the 1st episode.

hellgate said:
Got good news guys. Performance of the 9.22GB version is miles ahead of the 6.97GBG ver. its running on Hardcore @ 1920x1080 and no lags nothing. No crashes and glitches till now. Can play from the 1st episode.
Mounted the image. Lets see how this turns out :p

The only bug that i found till now that persists on both the versions is that if u die in the mid of a mission and press ENTER to load the last checkpoint, the game hangs.......

Guys.. I think we have a winner here. The game is fantastic.Especially presentation, from the way main menu behaves to the pause menu music. Visuals are terrific for a DX9 game. And, Performance is consistent at 35-40FPS @ hardcore settings and 1080p resolution. This game is definitely worth buying will be waiting for the retail release.

Except the Alt+tab issue... I didn't ran into any other bugs.

hellgate said:
The only bug that i found till now that persists on both the versions is that if u die in the mid of a mission and press ENTER to load the last checkpoint, the game hangs.......
Noob! :bleh:

vamsi_krishna said:
This game is definitely worth buying will be waiting for the retail release.

Except the Alt+tab issue... I didn't ran into any other bugs.
The only reason i will replay the the retail ver is cuz that wud have DX11. :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Gannu said:
Noob! :bleh:
U have a solution to that ehh??? :S
i tried all that was available online but none worked for the 6.97GB ver.

This leaking is really sad.Crytek was one developer who cared about pc gaming and no one can blame them if they stop releasing games for pc.

@hellgate: This -

jojothedragon said:
He meant that since you die in between a mission you are a n00b. :p
Don't even have a proper PC here since I sold away all the core components. Let alone grab the 9GB version. Wouldn't want to ruin the experience this way.

All the people who are worried about PC piracy.. notice the way games are coming to X360. It should explain itself.

And about ruining the experience... the game have audio problems.. you won't be able to hear a thing. And this game is like extended demo.. nothing more than that.

Ditched the game anyway. Had a taste of how the game looks and feels.. thats enough. Will wait for retail copy.

Wait Isn't it EA's fault that their network was compromised and the game was leaked to the internet? dont you think this leak happened because of a security flaw in their intra network which got exploited by some hackers? how can this be attributed to PIRACY!!!!!!!!!!! its EA's Fault that their game got leaked onto the net ad we as PC gamers can show the DEV's some respect and refrain from downloading the leaked version. thats what i am doing now

jojothedragon said:
^ the Proper acronym for PC is now-a-days Pirate Community in devs minds.
You think?

If it makes you feel any better... see how many console guys in India are purchasing the games. PC gamers has to wait for a Security bypass patch.. which will take a good 2 days after the game's retail release. But consoles!!! They will get the game a week or two before the game's release date. Just open you eyes.

And every one who restrained themselves from getting the game... Nice work. Keep doing like this. And never pirate a game. Stay pure.

This is someone within Crytek (or even the publisher EA) who might have sabotaged it. How could a developer's build be leaked otherwise. Crytek seems to be pretty pissed ATM.

DX9 at 35fps?

vamsi_krishna, whats ur config??

Man I dont think we'll be able to run this game in DX11, except GTX570 and GTX580 owners(nVidia paid EA 2 million $ for exclusive marketing rights and wada wada making it a TWIMTBP nvidia game)

vamsi_krishna said:
And about ruining the experience... the game have audio problems.. you won't be able to hear a thing. And this game is like extended demo.. nothing more than that.

Ditched the game anyway. Had a taste of how the game looks and feels.. thats enough. Will wait for retail copy.

The 9.22GB ver of the game is working flawlessly for me. I have full audio and no gfx glitches.Getting more than 60fps.

Guys, how is the weapon modification system, and how are the binoculars..? Is speed and strength now combined. Also is the health regeneration system still there..? Heck want to ask so much.

Actually this thread is building more excitement for Cry2....! I think will take 2 days leave from work once I get the platter.

Back