Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

Report: Crysis 2 To Ship Without DX11 Support, Coming In Post-Launch Patch

We’ve received word from Swedish hardware site Sweclockers that Crysis 2 will ship without DX11 support, much like its recently released demo counterpart. The tidbit was unearthed at a recent Nvidia presentation. Apparently, Crytek plans to patch in the renderer as part of a post-launch update.

While specific DX11 features due for inclusion went unmentioned, at the bare minimum, it’s expected that we’ll see tessellation and advanced depth of field effects a la Metro 2033.

Until then, PC gamers rocking the latest and greatest hardware will have to make do with DX9. There’s no word on a release timeline for the patch, but here’s hoping that Crytek themselves break the silence soon.

source : Exophase
I am little disappointed though........... It should have been included with the shipped game.....

kestrel5915 said:
I think its out on torrents.
the PS3 and X360 versions only.

btw interesting thing to note, all recent PS3 games have a size of about 5.5GB while the X360 iso's have a 6.5-7GB size. nuff said about blu ray and 50GB(dont talk about KZ3, 21GB of movies? hell)

devesh38 said:
Report: Crysis 2 To Ship Without DX11 Support, Coming In Post-Launch Patch

source : Exophase
I am little disappointed though........... It should have been included with the shipped game.....
WTF!! Is this the way, we PC gamers are punished:mad:

comp@ddict said:
the PS3 and X360 versions only.

btw interesting thing to note, all recent PS3 games have a size of about 5.5GB while the X360 iso's have a 6.5-7GB size. nuff said about blu ray and 50GB(dont talk about KZ3, 21GB of movies? hell)
You are again talking same thing , you are already warned for this by mods

Back