Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

Aman27deep said:
nice utilization of 9 GB? :p Could have just downloaded 1080p gameplay footage off youtube? would have definitely been under 500 mb.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Glad to know that, I'ma gonna buy it too, and u know I'll most probably pawn u online right? :p
no the one i downloaded was SP only , around 6.5 gb.

there was some texturing issues but frame rate was solid, so don't want to spoil the game.

I will buy the game when its available and yes I respect Crytek a lot.

Guys, have you all been downloading and only playing the game????

No one tried the cfg's, tried FORCE DX11?? Are the environments destructible?

I won't answer, if you have downloaded a beta, then do what a beta player does, TEST!!!!!!

To those who have played the game - how is the AI? Is it noticeably improved over the original? I remember Crysis 2's AI being much vaunted last year.

gamingstill said:
no the one i downloaded was SP only , around 6.5 gb.
there was some texturing issues but frame rate was solid, so don't want to spoil the game.
I will buy the game when its available and yes I respect Crytek a lot.
Initially i had downloaded the 6.97GB ver. This has some issues and used to crash frequently. Then i downloaded the 9.22GB ver, and this ver is stable. Everything is rendered properly, DX9 though.

comp@ddict said:
@ hellgate, I played safe, went straight for the 9.22GB version...

For me bandwidth and data download limit is not an issue :p
So downloaded the 6.97GB ver 1st and then went in for the 9.22GB ver. The only thing bad that happened is that after this i also got KZ3 and this hit my ratio pretty badly :(

Having tried everything from reinstalling ATI drivers(10.1, 10.5, 10.11, 10.12, 11.1a beta, 11.1a hotfix, 11.1 whql, 11.2), uninstalling/Modifying codecs, reinstalling sound drivers, updating DirectX, etc., i still can't seem to figure out what the issue is with the videos. In windowed mode the videos run fine only in the background with task manager in the foreground. Strange :S

Everytime a pre-recorded cutscene starts the console reports:
"D3D device is lost. Attempting device reset."
"seems like infinite loop in gpu sync query."

I can't seem to figure out if the problem is with my GPU drivers or my current OS & Software setup. So the only solution seems to be replacing the individual video files with 0 byte files.

STEPS:
1) Navigate to "root\GameCrysis2\".
2) Locate the file "Videos.pak" and rename it to "Videos_ORIGINAL.pak" or relocate the original file.
3) Download the modified "Videos" folder from here - Videos.rar
4) Unpack the contents to "root\GameCrysis2\" and a "Videos" folder should appear with a lot of 0 byte files within.
5) Start the game and you'll notice that the levels load without the cutscenes.

This isn't a solution people. Its only a workaround that trades the recorded cutscenes for uninterrupted gameplay.

apparently.. there is a fixed system.cfg file flying around on internet which fixes most of the issues (if you are lucky enough). I have the .cfg file now... but now in a dilemma to try try it or not.

took few screenshots from the game but my upload speed is very-very bad so cant share more pics :p

these pics dont show the real graphics though ... forgot to take screenshots where graphics were really good

I would have definitely got it but its so sad that the game wont run on Full HD on my system :sad:

Back