Crysis 2 - Discussion Thread

viralbug said:
Funny how people illegally download an unfinished game because they neither can wait for it to release nor consider buying it but STILL get pissed off and whine about the bugs.
Macha, these guys are playing the downloadable MP beta demo. Get off the weed! :p

@jc36lect3r: too darn hilarious! Almost fell off the chair laughing at Picard's chest.

:rofl:

*darn can't control laughing*

There are 2 things which are holding me up

- Getting the game by 22-23rd

- Running the game smoothly

dinjo said:
There are 2 things which are holding me up

- Getting the game by 22-23rd

- Running the game smoothly
Europe launch is 25? you wont get it before 27 via flipkart/intencity etc... though u will get it day 1 via the indian ea store.

and performance shouldn't be an issue at gamer mode, even at gamer it looks better than more games :p

^^ Same here. I have no idea how multiplayer will turn out. But I'm tempted to pre-order.

Whats the best pre-order price? And where can I get the Limited Edition thingy?

I mean to post this yesterday, but I kinda forgot.

Crysis 2 does actually run decently well on a POS rig like mine. So far, I've only tested 1024x768/Gamer but I'll be increasing the reso too. FPS was around 30-60, but mostly hovering around 40-45, even in graphic intensive fights, it didn't drop down below 30fps. Multi was kinda disorienting but still massive fun.

Very impressive TBH especially considering their min req of an 8800GT, which incidentally performs 1.5-1.6x better than my HD4670, that too with regular DDR3 and not GDDR3.

monkee said:
I mean to post this yesterday, but I kinda forgot.

Crysis 2 does actually run decently well on a POS rig like mine. So far, I've only tested 1024x768/Gamer but I'll be increasing the reso too. FPS was around 30-60, but mostly hovering around 40-45, even in graphic intensive fights, it didn't drop down below 30fps. Multi was kinda disorienting but still massive fun.

Very impressive TBH especially considering their min req of an 8800GT, which incidentally performs 1.5-1.6x better than my HD4670, that too with regular DDR3 and not GDDR3.
I'm also playing on the same Card (same fps) Aumkar, but at 1280*720.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Anyone wanna play the beta now? I'm playing it. Add me "aman27deep".

Some tactics i found helpful in the MP

1)Always try to keep cloaked as long as possible. Manage your energy so that you still have about half the energy to use

2)When ever you find a foe and you are in clocked mode, don't just go firing! You'll just lose all your energy and you might get killed instead of killing.

3)So, move in cloak, find a foe and when ready to engage switch to armor and kill that sucker.

4)Don't camp in cloaked mode. You can't be seen i know, but your shadow can be seen. And you might even run outta energy before you even know it

5)So if you see an shadow near a wall and no person, question yourself later, just shoot.

my nick is JojoTheDragon and i'm at lvl 7 currently.

jojothedragon said:

1)Always try to keep clocked as long as possible. Manage your energy so that you still have about half the energy to use

2)When ever you find a foe and you are in clocked mode, don't just go firing! You'll just lose all your energy and you might get killed instead of killing.

3)So, move in clock, find a foe and when ready to engage switch to armor and kill that sucker.

4)Don't camp in clocked mode. You can't be seen i know, but your shadow can be seen. And you might even run outta energy before you even know it

5)So if you see an shadow near a wall and no person, question yourself later, just shoot.

Cloak dude, not clocked :p

jojothedragon said:

1)Always try to keep cloaked as long as possible. Manage your energy so that you still have about half the energy to use
3)So, move in cloak, find a foe and when ready to engage switch to armor and kill that sucker.
4)Don't camp in cloaked mode. You can't be seen i know, but your shadow can be seen. And you might even run outta energy before you even know it

And what about always using nano vision?It lets you spot enemies easily and even the ones who are cloaked.
Anyways I have already uninstalled the demo after playing it till level 7-8.Maps are way too small and teamplay isn't that great.I like battlefield 2 type of gameplay so this game isn't for me!

jojothedragon said:
lol :rofl: i'm a super n00b.
Gonna fix the typo.

Its super awesome to be in this thread :yahoo::yahoo:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Crysis 2 First Review landed scored 9 /10

Back