Crysis PUBLIC BETA

spindoctor said:
edit: before you guys decide to jump me, i believe the nanosuit is a nice gameplay addition. it will probably make for some interesting gameplay, but it's not revolutionary in any way at all. its not what is going to make crysis stand out (if the game does indeed stand out for any reason apart from its graphics)

time to jump on you.

how many hours did you play Crysis MP? I've played the game more than 10hours now and I find it hard to stop and play anything else. first off, Crysis is developed by Crytek, the same people who developed FarCry. furthermore, both FC and Crysis have the same tropical setting. so it will obviously look familiar. I am sure you heard "If Ain't broke, don't fix It" Crytek decided to stick with some core formulas that made FC popular. what's wrong with that? Companies like EA do it all the time with their cookie cutter titles. at least Crytek are talented enough to repeat the formula while keeping it fresh. as for Multiplayer, I am not aware of which titles you have played so far. but in any case, Crysis feels fresh and it's damn fun. the ability to quickly select Super speed, run to the flag and then quickly cloak and pick off enemies is while not entirely new, (not as a whole but as separate additions, e.g. super speed, camouflaging) feels great. furthermore, which FPS game allowed you nuke the enemy's base and construct your own super-vehicles? None in my knowledge. ofcourse I am not declaring Crysis the best thing since sliced bread; but the game is sound on so many levels. it has it's fair share of problems but almost all of them are due to the fact that it's a BETA and not a final demo or retail. the only thing I dislike is that the communication isn't as fluid as it should be. pressing F5 and then another key to give simple commands is quite annoying. It would have been great if the game had BF2's One click command menus. as for the people complaining about the originality, they need to kindly shut up. when was the last time we saw real creativity in mainstream media? select for a few titles, most of the other FPSes Ctrl-C each other. atleast Crytek are daring enough to simultaneously include some features which we haven't seen a lot of.

oh and Me and Anshul were playing Crysis and we both dominated our respective teams:D

2qn5klh.jpg

man i was halfway through a really long post but then i realized there is no point arguing with a fanboy. you're enjoying the game. that's great. so am i. it is fun, no two ways about it.

here's what i will say though.

the number of hours i have played the game doesn't preclude me from forming a valid opinion of the game. you've played for 10 whole hours..... so?

ea churns out utter crap. if you can't see that with nfs version 9 or fifa version 13 or whatever then i'm sorry for you.

i will agree that there is a certain lack of originality in media (in games, for our discussion). i don't see why i should 'shutup' and stop complaining about it. i find it a bit sad that you accept this lack of originality and go to the extent of remonstrating someone who actually does wish it existed.

evox, you've literally gone ga-ga over the game man, take it easy - I'll be waiting to see if you're still around playing this game in 3 months ;)

spindoctor said:
man i was halfway through a really long post but then i realized there is no point arguing with a fanboy. you're enjoying the game. that's great. so am i. it is fun, no two ways about it.

here's what i will say though.

the number of hours i have played the game doesn't preclude me from forming a valid opinion of the game. you've played for 10 whole hours..... so?

ea churns out utter crap. if you can't see that with nfs version 9 or fifa version 13 or whatever then i'm sorry for you.

i will agree that there is a certain lack of originality in media (in games, for our discussion). i don't see why i should 'shutup' and stop complaining about it. i find it a bit sad that you accept this lack of originality and go to the extent of remonstrating someone who actually does wish it existed.

Look, It is a bird? No. Is it a Plane? No. It's my point going over spindocter's! Instead of calling me a fanboy (A term which I severely hate) try to understand my point and actually read a post before furiously typing and posting before giving a second thought.

I never said your opinion wasn't solid or valid. I was Implying that the more you play the MP, the more you're likely to appreciate the Nanosuit powers and BF-2 On Steroids gameplay. Did I say Crysis was perfect? No.

ofcourse I am not declaring Crysis the best thing since sliced bread; but the game is sound on so many levels.

Did you even read this part? I don't even play NFS or FIFA.

Companies like EA do it all the time with their cookie cutter titles.

i don't see why i should 'shutup' and stop complaining about it.

I didn't even say you name. stop getting your panties in a bunch for no reason.

i find it a bit sad that you accept this lack of originality and go to the extent of remonstrating someone who actually does wish it existed

At this point, I don't even think arguing with you will mean anything. you're obviously getting pissed off for no reason, It's a game. some people Like it, some people don't. I Didn't call it the greatest thing since Oxygen, It has it's fair share of problems and they will likely to continue in Retail. My Opinion on the game was based on the fun I was having. It will obviously vary for people but then you go out and start shooting at all fronts for no reason.

evox, you've literally gone ga-ga over the game man, take it easy - I'll be waiting to see if you're still around playing this game in 3 months;)

Oh Man, sorry:) I never Intended to come-off like this. It's just that, I was having a really great time in MP and you guys were complaining about It looking like FarCry and whatnot. I kinda Lost It I guess. Sorry about that :)

PS: I still regularly play Battlefield 2 ;)

stormblast said:
giving up so fast. lol

No Point in arguing with a fanboy like me. It's not like I ever present any solid facts. that's not me, I am biased, blind and I refuse to see the grey shades.[/sarcasm]

Putting that aside, I did some IQ Comparisons (Image Quality) between Low/Med/High Would anyone like to see that? I am also thinking of doing some benchmarks, ofcourse only if there's enough demand for it.

Performance Update:

res = 1680x1050, AA = 4x & all details = max

avg. fps = 10-20fps

res = 1680x1050, AA = none & all details = max

avg. fps = 25-30fps

cpu @2.4GHz

Crysis BETA has started giving me BSODs (as soon as I close it) the system hangs with 00x00000116 BSOD. extremely weird considering it was working just fine before. I've heard horror stories of BETA corrupting OS, I certainly don't want to try that out, first hand. currently using ForceWare 163.69 drivers, let's see if the new 163.71 BETA Drivers do any good.

Just FYI :)

montylee said:
the 163.71 drivers are not beta now. Try it. BTW, does the Crysis beta include Single player as well as multi-player as well?

no. the beta is only MP.

lately,ive been wondering if crysis BETA has something to do with win sock corruption..

Fixed.

:D .. running the beta at 1280*1024 , 16x HQAF maxed , medium shadows , medium post processing and medium shaders :D ... outdoor fps is around 28-30 (obviously dips during massive explosions :p) , indoors 50+ :D ... screenies soon .. some graphical glitches though :(

I finally resolved the BSOD Issue. I downloaded the v163.71 Drivers, which by the way, are STILL IN BETA. anyway, turns out, It was NOD32 which was causing the problem, Uninstalling it made it all go away. this is the second time NOD32 has interfered with other applications, first time, I had to disable IMON to make Azureus work. so far, I've taken more than 5,000 screenshots of Crysis and captured more than 10GB of video. amazing game, provided you're not stuck with 14yo retards who think they are better than jesus. Crysis is an amazing MP Experience. more screenshots to follow.

also, the 163.71 didn't give me any noticeable performance improvement, though I have to benchmark to see any FPS difference that might've occurred.

evox said:
I finally resolved the BSOD Issue. I downloaded the v163.71 Drivers, which by the way, are STILL IN BETA. anyway, turns out, It was NOD32 which was causing the problem, Uninstalling it made it all go away. this is the second time NOD32 has interfered with other applications, first time, I had to disable IMON to make Azureus work. so far, I've taken more than 5,000 screenshots of Crysis and captured more than 10GB of video. amazing game, provided you're not stuck with 14yo retards who think they are better than jesus. Crysis is an amazing MP Experience. more screenshots to follow.

also, the 163.71 didn't give me any noticeable performance improvement, though I have to benchmark to see any FPS difference that might've occurred.

game works fine for me with nod32. not had any probs.

looks like i missed in on some fun between spindoctor and evox. I have just one thing to say ... I havent even played the game bu still would like to say:

1. Those who say it resembles Far Cry ... of course it does .. that was quite clear from the screenshots and videos that we have been seeing for last one year. But of course .. VERY ADVANCED form of FAR CRY. So Evox please agree to the point that it does "Feel" like far cry.

2. That said ... i still will have to agree with evox in saying that it will actually be a great game and spin .. sorry to say .. when u said that it has only graphics to go with it .. i wont agree.

The game might feel like Far Cry ... but that will only be in the initial part of the game. The part where game will be different is the Frozen part (trust me it wont feel like far cry at all) followed by Zero-Gravity warfare. What my point here is .. the tropical island is like far cry .. as it rocks.. there was no need to change it. But It is not just the same experience all over again .. as the game has lot more to offer in the full version which i am sure will make it actually different and better and vast from the original Far Cry.

Thanks ... No Offenses meant to anyone :)

Back