Crysis PUBLIC BETA

Udit said:
res = 1680x1050, AA = 4x & all details = max :)

never seen such beautiful gfx in my life :O

everything looked life like :eek:hyeah:

but i got horrifying performance with only 10-20fps avg. :(

cpu @2.4GHz maybe thats why

well its beta, plus i am sure the nvidia & ati both drivers will be optimized for the game once the demo is out. so it should give good fps.

yes the outdoor gfx looked great even on my 6800gt with all set to medium, but getting very sad fps of around 10 or so.

y havent you ocd your cpu?

whateve_r said:
Pathetic Demo to tell the Truth. AA can't be enabled, i will try forcing it. On a proccy @ 3.2GHz C2D and 8800GTS 640 Superlocked the game "Somewhat Playable" highest detail but it is bugged like anything. Missing textures, or stuff popping out of nowhere....

"Remember the Bug of Farcry with the early 6600GT Drivers ?. Somewhat like that"

But it "can" be fun if you can ignore it, you see crabs, frogs hopping around. Very Nice to see, it is detailed though indoors are meh to tell the truth. Vehicles and Character Models are an awe to look at though.

akS !
Take it easy dude, it's a beta ;)

thebanik said:
we r going nowhere man..getting bored, so your story just might help us pass the boredom....:eek:hyeah:

i have a intel d975xbx motherboard which needs a mod to overclock cpu's other than the X6800 (Intel D975XBX 'Bad Axe' Motherboard Debug Mod Guide)

one day i was trying to install speedfan on vista & it installed successfully but when i tried to launch it i got bsod & my pc restarted so i checked the bios & saw that all the overclocking options were gone :mad:

after that day i tried everything (updating the bios, clearing the cmos, remounting the cpu, cleaning the mobo, changing the os hdd, removing the cmos battery for 30mins & checking the psu) & the options came back for 24hrs but it disappeared again :(

so now i'm stuck @stock as i do not have enough money to buy a new motherboard now :no:

so this rig stays @stock but i will oc once i buy a penyr cpu + a x38 motherboard next year :D

ReNaGAde said:
Do i need vista to play this ??

no :)

^^^that was not such a big story, :) ....did u check for this problem in any other forum, i am sure its not a unique issue. Well one more thing, cant believe that you dont have enuf money to buy a new mobo...if u dont have enuf money then what will happen to blokes like us. :)

thebanik said:
^^^that was not such a big story, :) ....did u check for this problem in any other forum, i am sure its not a unique issue.

ok will check :)

thebanik said:
Well one more thing, cant believe that you dont have enuf money to buy a new mobo...if u dont have enuf money then what will happen to blokes like us. :)

arre i get a 80-100k budget for every year & i blew apart this years budget :ashamed:

getting back to the game itself (which was the reason I created this topic!) I just finished playing 3 rounds in MP.. How is it? well, I found the MP damn fun, basically, if you liked Battlefield series, you'll love Power Struggle. It's basically Conquest on Steroids. There's a tutorial video that'll cover the subject better than I can.

anyway, that's that. let's get to the part which everyone wants to know: how are the graphics? In one word: Stunning. Crysis is the most technically advanced and gorgeous looking game. on any platform. ever. everything in this game looks absolutely breathtaking. from the water to the sand to the character models. everything is meticulously detailed it's truly a site to behold; If there was any VG title that would draw the line between Photo-Realism and gaming, It's Crysis. Check the screenshots below (I took 200+ screens, obviously I won't upload ALL of them) Unfoutunetly, all this comes at the cost of performance. since It's a beta, I'll go easy since there's still many bugs present which will get sorted out in the demo and retail. at 1440x900@60Hz with everything at High and 16x AF. the game gave me 16-25fps most of the time, 35-65fps some of the time (only when you're alone) the minimum fps I got was 10 (which happened during a big firefight) the performance needs to improve since the game unplayable most of the time. putting the performance issues aside, the game looks phenomenal and is fun to play. so Bravo Crytek for developing an FPS which is not just a pretty face (shania twain reference here) Can't wait to play the demo and retail :)

Screenshots - @1440x900 - 16x AF - HQ IQ Forced via CP - 4x AA

dood,NDA!! :p

I finally finished downloading! (whew,that was real slow)

The interactive environments are really cool..

MP was really laggy..

btw,do u know how to become invisible?

MP was really laggy..
btw,do u know how to become invisible?
Really? for me, the MP was smooth as silk despite the 200ms+ ping I got.

to become invisible, middle click on the mouse and select Camouflage on lower right side of the screen. (right to the weapon Icon)

evox, what is your xfire username ?
evox24

Err, what's the point of an NDA in a public beta?
Beyond me :) It's not officially an NDA unless personally signed by both parties.

More screenshots -

ok i have a few observations.

this game feels a bit too much like far cry. well, that should be obvious to me since its the same tropical jungle island setting right? absolutely. but its something we don't really think about (at least i didn't till today). it really is *too* similar to far cry. the water is great, the jungles are great, nice artwork and textures but it still feels like an updated version of their previous game. nowhere more so than the interiors (like this ship you start on if you play the tutorial). its not necessarily a bad thing, but as i said, its something that doesn't really become apparent till you actually play it. i was slightly bugged by this.

the destructible environment thing doesn't seem to be working completely for me. is that a dx10 thing or a single-player-only thing or what? i can blow the tyres off vehicles but i can't shoot down trees.

the nuclear explosion is awe inspiring. think world in conflict and then think first person view.

lastly, what servers are you guys playing on. the lowest ping servers i am getting are in the 280-300 range (i think it was one of the many jolt.co.uk servers?). are there any asian servers where i can get a better ping?

this game feels a bit too much like far cry.

Ummm No It doesn't. Despite the more-or-less same tropical setting. It doesn't feel like FarCry a bit. the gameplay feels quite fresh with the Nanosuit powers, CG-Movie graphics and the BF2-Esque Multiplayer.

the destructible environment thing doesn't seem to be working completely for me. is that a dx10 thing or a single-player-only thing or what

Destructible environments are only available in DX10 mode.

lastly, what servers are you guys playing on.

Random Hypernia servers. pings are 255-900ms

evox said:
Ummm No It doesn't. Despite the more-or-less same tropical setting. It doesn't feel like FarCry a bit. the gameplay feels quite fresh with the Nanosuit powers, CG-Movie graphics and the BF2-Esque Multiplayer.

it actually does. new graphics and a (gimmicky?) nanosuit doesn't make this game completely different. i never played far cry mp so i won't compare the gameplay aspect, but the first time you drop into the game it just feels like a newer far cry.

edit: before you guys decide to jump me, i believe the nanosuit is a nice gameplay addition. it will probably make for some interesting gameplay, but it's not revolutionary in any way at all. its not what is going to make crysis stand out (if the game does indeed stand out for any reason apart from its graphics)

I agree, it does feel a lot like Farcry probably because of the environment. It doesn't mean I don't like it, but it surely doesn't feel like a completely new game.

Back