Crysis Warhead Performance Analysis

clown_abhi

Skilled
Hey guys,

Found this link for a comprehensive performance analysis of the new installment of Crysis - Crysis Warhead.
The game does not seem any better than its predecessor and is the same story of poor performance on even GTX or X2 series.

Take a look:
Crysis Warhead performance in-depth - TechSpot

I think my overclocked 9600GT needs even some more overclock to play it at 1280x1024...:p

Is there something wrong with G92,i see a lot of complaints about low frame rates and stuttering in other forums.

May be a warhead special driver is comin up.In my case it runs a lot worser than crysis.

That article (on the last page) has a serious error. Its says that Farcry 2 is utilising the Cryengine 2, when I've read in several articles that Ubisoft has developed an entirely new engine for the game.

And if Gamer settings on Warhead = High settings on the original Crysis, then I've definitely seen a performance improvement in the game. Framerates were nice and stable, with dips occurring quite infrequently.

techster said:
That article (on the last page) has a serious error. Its says that Farcry 2 is utilising the Cryengine 2, when I've read in several articles that Ubisoft has developed an entirely new engine for the game.

And if Gamer settings on Warhead = High settings on the original Crysis, then I've definitely seen a performance improvement in the game. Framerates were nice and stable, with dips occurring quite infrequently.

yeah completely true farcry 2 is based on DUNIA engine;) which is developed by ubisoft

warhead is running fine on 4870's.i think nividia are facing a driver issue. check out ign and other sites for review,ign stated that the game is running excellent on their top of the line card and the antispated 700$ pc as well

I have 8600GT 256MB DDR3 , and i can't set anything to Enthusiast .. have to keep everything to mainstream , else FPS drops to 10-11 .

I won't call it 'optimized' . Crysis was a LOT better .

I got 25 FPS in the first level with mainstream settings @ 1680*1050 with e8400 @ 3.6Ghz + X1900XT. So reduced few settings to minimal to get a frame rate for 45. Went to 29~33 during heavy firework. Game was fun but very very short :(.

I'm getting 50-60 with drops to 30s in the most intense scenes, but very very fluid game play :) on 1680x1050 on all enthusiast settings, and with edgeaa set to 8. The games is beautiful, and seems a bit, very little bit better in terms of fps as compared to crysis v.high. This is on 280 Sli!

for people experiencing shuttering ..one advice..set ur object details to enthusiast and textures to mainstream...helped me remove shuttering ..

playin @1380x1024 with motion blur,shadows and particles on gamer and every thing else on enthu except texture on mainstream with 4x Af ..never drops below 20...still looks better than default gamersettings.

have a HD4850

about the problems with the g92, i finished the game with my 9800gtx in enthusiast settings from start to finish getting about 20-30 fps in game. even when the action got intense the worst my fps has ever dropped to is 19. there was however a problem in the level with all the snow where you have to chase general lee in a hovercraft. i experienced a capped fps of 7 and i didnt know why that was happening but when i restarted my game everything was a-ok.

i dont think they made any improvements to the previous game graphically. maybe some special effects tweaks is all. this optimised engine doesnt really make your game look any better and make it run smoother as they say. probably at lower settings ? but at enthusiast level, no.

e8400 @ 3.5 ghz

2 x G.skill 2 gb hk

ip35e

9800gtx 512mb

arun_rulezzz said:
about the problems with the g92, i finished the game with my 9800gtx in enthusiast settings from start to finish getting about 20-30 fps in game. even when the action got intense the worst my fps has ever dropped to is 19. there was however a problem in the level with all the snow where you have to chase general lee in a hovercraft. i experienced a capped fps of 7 and i didnt know why that was happening but when i restarted my game everything was a-ok.
i dont think they made any improvements to the previous game graphically. maybe some special effects tweaks is all. this optimised engine doesnt really make your game look any better and make it run smoother as they say. probably at lower settings ? but at enthusiast level, no.
e8400 @ 3.5 ghz
2 x G.skill 2 gb hk
ip35e
9800gtx 512mb
Same thing happened in crysis on high - v high settings in the full snow covered level and sometimes in the mothership... it is because of some bug in the engine, as you restart the game everything will be back to normal !

^^ same here but I can only say that for the first few levels,

Once the Train comes in my FPS drop as the Jungle is quite intense on the GPU's I believe.

. maybe some special effects tweaks is all. this optimised engine doesnt really make your game look any better and make it run smoother as they say. probably at lower settings ? but at enthusiast level, no.

I Differ your opinion sorry.

I believe Warhead has much better textures and the game is much smoother compared to Cysis on the same setting even with patch 1.21.

And yes both maxed out, Warhead looks much better, IMO.

Back