Current pending sector error

No. Just throw the ssd inside. No need to mount it on anything. YOLO.
I usually just use screws on one side to fix it in one place and keep it loose on the other side since it's 2.5".
You can definitely keep it loose since it has zero moving parts inside. I do that when testing and tinkering with builds.

I usually just use screws on one side to fix it in one place and keep it loose on the other side since it's 2.5".
You can definitely keep it loose since it has zero moving parts inside. I do that when testing and tinkering with builds.
In Spec 1 there is no space to fix it unfortunately. Planning for a 240gb ssd, since it will be used less so planning for the bx series without dram, good idea? Please tag me if you find any ssd or hdd deal in the coming days. For hdd preference is toshiba 1.5tb, if this storage option is not there then 2tb but then will have to reduce the ssd size to 120gb due to budget constraints. + @lockhrt999

If budget becomes a constraint due to 2tb hdd, then opt for Kingston A400 SSD 240gb. We have setup this drive on some computers and I am pretty impressed with the performance it offers at the price. I think I saw it for ₹2000 on MD computers, while recommending to a friend.
The higher your SSD storage, more will be the longevity of the drive.
But nothing like Crucial or Samsung.

If budget becomes a constraint due to 2tb hdd, then opt for Kingston A400 SSD 240gb. We have setup this drive on some computers and I am pretty impressed with the performance it offers at the price. I think I saw it for ₹2000 on MD computers, while recommending to a friend.
The higher your SSD storage, more will be the longevity of the drive.
But nothing like Crucial or Samsung.
Bhai can you please explain, higher the storage more the longevity part? Is it true both for dram amd without dram?
That kingston one is without dram, fine for this pc as usage is less?
I am again going to take a leap of faith and get a ssd+hdd and hope that some issue will not make the hdd go kaput this time. Any further pointers that you can tell which can find the culprit behind this?
Can you share the link for the Toshiba hdd? Not able to find it from a reputed seller. A site by the name of ubuy is selling 2tb Toshiba hdd for around 2.5k. Surprisingly the reviews on other websites seems okayish for this site.
I am not able to use produkey as Windows Defenser treats it as a virus and admin access is needed to exclude it. I bought the key for this Windows 10 home version from a guy at erodov. The hdd is going kaput folder by folder. Any way to retrieve the key? Or any key finder/command which does not require admin access? The cmd command way is not displaying the key, even though cmd is being opened via task manager as admin. + @lockhrt999 @enthusiast29

Last edited:
Any way to retrieve the key?
Does your windows shows activated with a digital licence?
1657217213206.png

Like this? If so then you don't need a key anymore and once you install same edition of windows on the same PC (having same motherboard) then it will auto-activate once you go online.

I will check and get back but we did not link any MS account with it so I doubt about the auto linking part.
It is still HWID linked even if you didn't use a MS account. Machine will auto-activate without MS account.
MS account is just used in case if you want to transfer activation to a new PC.

It is still HWID linked even if you didn't use a MS account. Machine will auto-activate without MS account.
MS account is just used in case if you want to transfer activation to a new PC.
So you mean that it won't ask to enter the key even if windows is reinstalled in a new hdd or ssd?

And if afterwards we link a MS account with it and later on shift to a new pc or laptop then the same account can be used to activate Windows there? They will deactivate Windows in one of the systems then?

So you mean that it won't ask to enter the key even if windows is reinstalled in a new hdd or ssd?

And if afterwards we link a MS account with it and later on shift to a new pc or laptop then the same account can be used to activate Windows there? They will deactivate Windows in one of the systems then?
It will ask but you can skip it. It will auto-activate once the system is online only if same edition of windows which was previously activated (digital license only) is installed on the same machine.

Yes, but it has a limited no. of times, not sure how many.

Bhai can you please explain, higher the storage more the longevity part? Is it true both for dram amd without dram?
That kingston one is without dram, fine for this pc as usage is less?
Unless you are mining cryptocurrency on SSDs, don't worry about longevity part. If usage is low then go for DRAMless.

For simplicity, just understand that when the size is more, there is less burden on the chips for storing data, hence longitivity. But for the use case, Dramless is fine.
Can you share the link for the Toshiba hdd? Not able to find it from a reputed seller. A site by the name of ubuy is selling 2tb Toshiba hdd for around 2.5k. Surprisingly the reviews on other websites seems okayish for this site.
Seems like they discontinued the model as even I couldn't find the product listed. 2.5k for 2tb seems too good to be true. If not available, go for WD.
I am again going to take a leap of faith and get a ssd+hdd and hope that some issue will not make the hdd go kaput this time. Any further pointers that you can tell which can find the culprit behind this?
Do use a good quality branded PSU. Normally we cheap out on this. But if the drive is not getting good supply, then it will shutdown unexpectedly and develop bad sectors with time. Also, if power supply is irregular, invest in a UPS.

It will ask but you can skip it. It will auto-activate once the system is online only if same edition of windows which was previously activated (digital license only) is installed on the same machine.

Yes, but it has a limited no. of times, not sure how many.
Looks good?

Again not linked with any MS account.
For simplicity, just understand that when the size is more, there is less burden on the chips for storing data, hence longitivity. But for the use case, Dramless is fine.

Seems like they discontinued the model as even I couldn't find the product listed. 2.5k for 2tb seems too good to be true. If not available, go for WD.

Do use a good quality branded PSU. Normally we cheap out on this. But if the drive is not getting good supply, then it will shutdown unexpectedly and develop bad sectors with time. Also, if power supply is irregular, invest in a UPS.
Thanks.
Stupid question, how to make sure that the current installed drive is 2.5"? It is 2.5" indeed, but just need to double check.

Any other option besides WD? I can't even find a seagate one anywhere :(

Drive or the whole system never got shut down ever. Is antec vp500p a bad psu? Like I have mentioned before we only need this system to browse the internet and for typing work+to keep backups.

UPS is giving 10-15 mins of backup. Please guide on the psu+ups part?
This is 2.5" or 3.5" drive?

Please help me in finding similar drive from seagate or toshiba from amazon or flipkart. The packing for hard drives is pathetic nowadays. They send it in a normal white polybag without any bubble wrap. A cousin got one like that few months ago. It was a 1tb hdd from an official seller. It is working fine though.
+ @lockhrt999

Last edited:
First do a research on which brands have service centres in your area. You don't want to end up with a wrong hdd should anything go bad.
After that, search on MD computers or vedant or other online retailers. There's a thread here which lists the good retailers. I think that thread was created by @lockhrt999

First do a research on which brands have service centres in your area. You don't want to end up with a wrong hdd should anything go bad.
After that, search on MD computers or vedant or other online retailers. There's a thread here which lists the good retailers. I think that thread was created by @lockhrt999
Thanks. Ordering one today. The drive, photos posted in last post, is 2.5" right?

Back