Custom Chip For PS3 JB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dhruv, I haven't received my chip yet. Have you sent it yesterday?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If yes, provide me with the consignment number. Extra amount I will be transferring by tomm.

@Dhruv er no luck now it completely stopped working :c using HIDbootflash itself remember seeing your post on psx-scene :p none of the led's turn on other than both while using it flash from comp, what was loaded onto them when you sent them? can you give a link to hex file which works on the board thanks

Eh ?? Completely stopped working ? Press down the white button till both the lights turn on THEN flash the device. Wait... will put up the original hex as well.

Okay... hmmm yes , noticed some peculiar behavior with the last piece i had left.

Jailbreak is activating correctly BUT the games are not working correctly...

Good news : Chip is fine , Bad News : I'll have to put up the Hermes v4b patch very quickly.

Not an issue... i'll try to get it fixed up tonight itself just a code issue, chip is ok.

Update : Okay just realized that being in a hurry i had totally forgotten that the original sources do not come with permissions to use backup manager XD Just gotta fix that.

Will update the hex and put it up ASAP

Is the problem with all the chips or only the last chip , if you patch by tonight send it over tomorrow morning

MAJOR UPDATE GUYS !!!

The hex i've put on the chip doesn't have backups enabled thats why the manager works but doesn't load games. That is my stupidity coz in a hurry i forgot that the original source does NOT have backups enabled.

So you just have to use the hex attached to this post and everything works perfectly. Just tested it with FIFA...

http://rapidshare.com/files/429947747/osjailbreakwpatch.hex <--------- Correct Hex File

Use this to flash :

HIDBootFlash - V-USB

dhruvrock2000 said:
MAJOR UPDATE GUYS !!!

The hex i've put on the chip doesn't have backups enabled thats why the manager works but doesn't load games. That is my stupidity coz in a hurry i forgot that the original source does NOT have backups enabled.

So you just have to use the hex attached to this post and everything works perfectly. Just tested it with FIFA...

http://rapidshare.com/files/429947747/osjailbreakwpatch.hex <--------- Correct Hex File

Use this to flash :

HIDBootFlash - V-USB
Is this applicable for the chips you ahd sent before? i.e our batch? Or the entire second lot?

Instead a step-by-step guide would be welcome. :)

Just got my chip. As in, I had to collect it from the distribution office. Lamers did not drop in at the branch. :mad:

Extract the USB BootHID software i linked above.

Press the white button on the chip , you'll feel the click , then put it in the USB slot. Both the leds will light up. Give it a few seconds for the drivers to install << this is another reason why we went for ATMEGA as ATMEL requires signed drivers which are pita to install >>

You are supposed to press the button as it is being inserted into the USB port and wait for the 2 LEDs to light up.

Ok now that both the leds are on , launch the software.

Click Find Device. It'll do so. on the right side, click the find hex button. Here you will open the hex i linked above.

Now click flash. Give it two seconds. Some text will run down in the box after which it will say Flashing Completed.

Thats it... remove the chip. Now you can go play your games ! Btw , this is still not Hermes v4b , i'm still working on it.

Yeah dude... it was shipped yesterday so it'll reach you in a day or so. And plz , guys keep the tracking number queries to PMs. Its not as if i've not sent someone their chip :p

So if this isn't Hermes V4B, what is it then? I hope 3.42 games shouldn't be a problem?

I haven't tried it. Will do so in a couple of days. Not in a hurry anyway. :p

Could you PM me your cellphone number please? If I get stuck, I can give you a ring instead of pinging you on the IM. :)

dhruvrock2000 said:
Yeah dude... it was shipped yesterday so it'll reach you in a day or so. And plz , guys keep the tracking number queries to PMs. Its not as if i've not sent someone their chip :p
It's not the 3.42 games you should be worried about, which are limited in number anyway, but it's the 3.50 ones that would put you in a quandary.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Extract the USB BootHID software i linked above.

Press the white button on the chip , you'll feel the click , then put it in the USB slot. Both the leds will light up. Give it a few seconds for the drivers to install << this is another reason why we went for ATMEGA as ATMEL requires signed drivers which are pita to install >>

Ok now that both the leds are on , launch the software.

Click Find Device. It'll do so. on the right side, click the find hex button. Here you will open the hex i linked above.

Now click flash. Give it two seconds. Some text will run down in the box after which it will say Flashing Completed.

Thats it... remove the chip. Now you can go play your games ! Btw , this is still not Hermes v4b , i'm still working on it.
Encountered 2 errors.

1. After pressing the button and inserting it into the USB slot of thew netbook, the red LED lit once and none of the LEDs lit up. The device was recognised by the netbook and installed the drivers though. ATM, none of the LEDs are blinking when inserted into the netbook's USB slot.

2. When double-clicking on the HID BootFlash utility, it gives the following error:

77161771.png

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong but I followed what was mentioned in your steps.

Try downloading the file again , i've tried it on 3 computers. I'm using Win 7 x64 if it matters.

I can't understand the blinking part. You press down on the white button , insert it. And both leds WILL start. That is hard coded into the bootloader. Just check again if possible.

^Nope, tried pressing the switch and inserting it. The red LED blinks for a second and it goes off.

My netbook OS is Win 7 Ultimate 32bit. Not sure if this chip is a lemon though. Did you test it before it was sent?

EDIT: Found it. You are supposed to press the button as it is being inserted into the USB port and wait for the 2 LEDs to light up. Dhruv, make that correction in your guide. As per your guide, folks would press the switch once and then insert it into the USB port. :p

EDIT2: Worked with Windows 7 Ultimate x64 but not with my netbook's 32bit Win 7 though. Perhaps an OS limitation. :)

Anyhow, flashed my drive. Let us know when Hermes V4B is available. :D

Damn, LP2 sucks. Not anywhere in the vicinity of the first title. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back