Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
i won't laugh bro as i'm also a book lover.
i myself have more than 1000 books in my collection and i am talking about real paper books. i know you have to be crazy for them.
if you could wait, i can find some friend who may be willing to carry this book from US. but you may have to wait till feb end as recently i talked to a few and no had any plans of returning back any day soon.

Thanks nimod. Would be good if you could arrange someone for carrying it.
And you are right. The feel and smell of the paper books is really something. Love the light brown colored pages. Moving to PM route now

Update:
Let me quote my old posts:
Update: friend will place the order tonight.
I never knew that a seller could change. One of my items was kept on standby. So i had to cancel it (screenshot 2).
I learned many things from my recent order on Amazon. :D
Thanks everyone for the help.
Order placed. Expected delivery date Jan 7-14. New Year gift eh amazon? -___- Zzz
Update: Got the rest of my items just now. Delivered by Aramex. Actual customs charge is: 2228rs. Import duty i deposited 3560rs.
this msg came on the 21st.
got email from amazon that they have started processing refund. Will take another 10-15 days. Rs 2000 is the refund amount
Nice huh? :D Amazon ftw!!

Attachments

• final order.jpg
    final order.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 203
They take upto 60 days to refund the money....but you will get it for sure. I got mine :)
Automatic refunds are the ones which take 60 days. Have a chat with their customer support, they are more than happy to initiate refund right away. Just provide them the Aramex BOE scan. Amazon customer support is the best I have come across.

I have ordered something from amazon.com and getting it shipped to India. The product cost is around 9$ and 9$ shipping and they took some ~6$ as import fees. It was shipped through aramex. Now how can i know for sure whether the duty is charged or not ? Last time when i ordered something like this through amazon.com, the aramex guy had some sort of paper which listed the duty and it was sort of inline with what i had pre-paid.

I have ordered something from amazon.com and getting it shipped to India. The product cost is around 9$ and 9$ shipping and they took some ~6$ as import fees. It was shipped through aramex. Now how can i know for sure whether the duty is charged or not ? Last time when i ordered something like this through amazon.com, the aramex guy had some sort of paper which listed the duty and it was sort of inline with what i had pre-paid.
It will be listed on the paper held by the aramex guy. If no duty is charged it will be blank but if duty was charged the amount will be given there. Mine was like that. No duty in the first batch but was listed only in the second and final package.

this is the Bill of Entry I've got from the Aramex guys yes'day.. Well I did pay 40$ Import deposit for my Bose Soundlink Mini.. The additional duty column shows an amount of 4574 (~75$)... Well am I lukng at it wrong or the amazon/aramex folks ended up paying more duty on my product than collected frm me??!

Attachments

• EK__BOE_5313.pdf
    590.2 KB · Views: 246
^^ if the duty comes out to be less than the amount you paid, then Amazon will return the money; else they'll foot the bill. That's Amazon's policy.

this is the Bill of Entry I've got from the Aramex guys yes'day.. Well I did pay 40$ Import deposit for my Bose Soundlink Mini.. The additional duty column shows an amount of 4574 (~75$)... Well am I lukng at it wrong or the amazon/aramex folks ended up paying more duty on my product than collected frm me??!
soundlink mini is available with jumbo also along with the cover , for 16500

Well its kinda available on Shopclues for around 13K but i jus bought it on Amazon for the fun of it;) The final price is 14500 (12500 for mini & 2k for tax etc.,)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back