Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi\
The duty will be approx 4223 inr and the shipping charges are 10 USD for the 1st 500gms and 8 USD for every additional 500 gms + 12.36% service tax
I would like to buy this garmin watch.

Amazon.com: Garmin Forerunner 405 Wireless GPS-Enabled Sport Watch with USB ANT Stick and Heart Rate Monitor (Black): GPS & Navigation

Can you provide me the quote plz..

will it be 200$ + 18$ shipping + 56$ customs ?

let me know..

- - - Updated - - -

it is 2.06% on the assessed value
1st page
Try reading a little before asking questions , keeps the thread clean :)

- - - Updated - - -

hi
Duty will be approx 11681 inr and shipping charge are 10 USD for the 1st 500 gms and 8 USD for every additional 500gms and 12.36% service tax on shipping
QUOTE=cooltoad;1700938]hi i want to buy this
Amazon.com: Optoma's ML500, WXGA, 500 Lumen, Mobile LED Projector: Electronics
approximate shipping and customs quote please??[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

hi
16.8% on the assessed value[
QUOTE=shank21101985;1700229]I want to import a used cpu from a laptop. Would it fall under the "processors/modem" category (4% custom duty) ??[/QUOTE]

Hi there

I'd like to order some clothing items such as shorts, denim and undergarments. Whats the duty for them? All in all they should not cost more than 100 usd. I also want to know if you open packages and repackage or not. I ask this because sometimes for an item weighing less than 500 gms, the seller might use voluminous packaging. Does your pricing change if the packaging box is voluminous?

Thanks

Hi there

I'd like to order some clothing items such as shorts, denim and undergarments. Whats the duty for them? All in all they should not cost more than 100 usd. I also want to know if you open packages and repackage or not. I ask this because sometimes for an item weighing less than 500 gms, the seller might use voluminous packaging. Does your pricing change if the packaging box is voluminous?

Thanks

Yep it does ! My 3gs cost me 26$ to ship because the seller packed the item too handsomely :(

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227791

How much to ship this item . considering its weight is 450gms . Its a solid state drive , type of a hard drive for PC

No. This is the best thing about SNS that they don't calculate volumetric weight. So you will be charged acc to the actual weight of your package.

Hi! The duty on clothes is 28.8% on the assessed value and the shipping charges are 10 usd for the 1st 500 gms and 8 USD for every additional 500 gms
+12.36% service tax on shipping charges.
we do not do re packing.but we will not charge you on the volumetric weight. We only consider the gross weight. Benefit extended to you
QUOTE=wannabelean;1706221]Hi there

Thanks[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
If the weight comes out to be less than 500 gms, it will be 10 USd+12.36% service tax
and duty separate[
QUOTE=buddingwhizkid;1712184]Yep it does ! My 3gs cost me 26$ to ship because the seller packed the item too handsomely :(

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227791

How much to ship this item . considering its weight is 450gms . Its a solid state drive , type of a hard drive for PC[/QUOTE]

I registered for a shop and ship account a week back and have since emailed aramex twice and msged them via their internal messaging system and I still haven't heard from them. My account has not been activated for a week and they are not responding to emails regarding the same. Is this deal legit?

Hi! The duty on clothes is 28.8% on the assessed value and the shipping charges are 10 usd for the 1st 500 gms and 8 USD for every additional 500 gms
+12.36% service tax on shipping charges.
we do not do re packing.but we will not charge you on the volumetric weight. We only consider the gross weight. Benefit extended to you
QUOTE=wannabelean;1706221]Hi there

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
If the weight comes out to be less than 500 gms, it will be 10 USd+12.36% service tax
and duty separate[
QUOTE=buddingwhizkid;1712184]Yep it does ! My 3gs cost me 26$ to ship because the seller packed the item too handsomely :(

- - - Updated - - -

Newegg.com - OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

How much to ship this item . considering its weight is 450gms . Its a solid state drive , type of a hard drive for PC[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Duty is what i wanted to ask . How much ? :S

I registered for a shop and ship account a week back and have since emailed aramex twice and msged them via their internal messaging system and I still haven't heard from them. My account has not been activated for a week and they are not responding to emails regarding the same. Is this deal legit?

Sorted out by SNS. My account is active now. Thanks to Anuradha and Jocelyn.

i baught a phone at 2500rs and shopandship ask me to pay 833rs costum instead of 83rs..... i have to pay total 1400rs only for one phone cost of rs 2500... what is that i am not happpy with this and shopandship i am trying to call costumer care no which is given at site is not available and whenever i called mr hassan he is not picking up my phone.... what i have to do now???????

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR SERVICE PLEASE RESOLVE THIS ISSUE NOW

What phone was it ?
833 custom means either the phone was new and its actual market price is 40000 rupees .
Or used and its actual market value is 2500-3000 . Custom are charged @ 30% on used mobiles AFAIK .

Yes.. this is iPhone 2g in broken condition... don't know what Sns are doing... new iPhone 4s is available at 34000rs how could they assume cost of broken iphone 2g is 40000rs ... sns is horrible....

If what @buddingwhizkid has mentioned about used phones is true (30% duty) then i am guessing it was considered used and slapped with 30% duty. This sucks.

^ Nah . I'm sure I've seen it somewhere on TE itself that duty on used phones is 30% or something . That's exactly what has happened in your case . You should have been careful dude . I think it's not SnS' fault .

raksrules sup paypal ? Still in the US ? :D

^ Nah . I'm sure I've seen it somewhere on TE itself that duty on used phones is 30% or something . That's exactly what has happened in your case . You should have been careful dude . I think it's not SnS' fault .

Yup still in Amrika...less than 2 Months before i am back to homeland :D

Hi
duty is only 2.06% on the assessed value. Let us know the AWB and we will have it checked for you

- - - Updated - - -

HI
Dont worry! email us the AWB number and we will have it checked for you
i baught a phone at 2500rs and shopandship ask me to pay 833rs costum instead of 83rs..... i have to pay total 1400rs only for one phone cost of rs 2500... what is that i am not happpy with this and shopandship i am trying to call costumer care no which is given at site is not available and whenever i called mr hassan he is not picking up my phone.... what i have to do now???????

I AM NOT HAPPY WITH YOUR SERVICE PLEASE RESOLVE THIS ISSUE NOW

- - - Updated - - -

HI
Ideally, Used/old/refurbished Items are not allowed to be shippied into india. So customs ideally do not consider the extremely low cost , and usually they take the market value
Yes.. this is iPhone 2g in broken condition... don't know what Sns are doing... new iPhone 4s is available at 34000rs how could they assume cost of broken iphone 2g is 40000rs ... sns is horrible....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back