Custom duty related queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
Hi
Ideally,If there was no invoice sent by clients, the product cannot be assessed at the desired value.
And as discussed, hope your queries are resolved now over the telecom:)
QUOTE=rkrusty26;1726987]ok,... but everyone know the value of iphone 2g ... this is oldest model of iphone you will get easily at 5k... NEW IPHONE 3GS available at 9999rs in india which is 2 generation younger then iphone 2g.... how could you assume the value of iphone2g is 40k. i can buy ipad 3 at this price in india. no need to import from other country.....
really yar i have no words for this......[/QUOTE]

coolraghav

Skilled
Sep 4, 2006
I had ordered ralph lauren polos and bill amount to $225, although it was gift wrap and no invoice was in the box. But still I got charged around 3500 of duty :( . last time when I ordered I wasn't charged any duty. whats the solution to this? :S

alekhkhanna

Skilled
May 29, 2008
As I was getting no replies to my emails, I'll post the issue here:

Hi,
My shipment with id no: 9110116050 has been hit with custom duties of 786 INR. The total value of the package is 16.32$ which is just 855 INR and it contains DVDs. According to the customs slab, duty on DVDs is 28.9%, so the maximum duty can be 28.9% of 855 = 247 INR. Why the heck am I charged 786 INR as the cutoms then ?

crashnburn

Adept
Nov 4, 2009
How many people have HAD issues with higher customs charges through shopnship ? How many people have NOT had excess customs charges?

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
Hi
please email us the AWB number,In case there is any discrepancy is the duty and if the invoice was inside the box, we will surely help you on it[
regardsQ
UOTE=coolraghav;1727500]I had ordered ralph lauren polos and bill amount to $225, although it was gift wrap and no invoice was in the box. But still I got charged around 3500 of duty :( . last time when I ordered I wasn't charged any duty. whats the solution to this? :S[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Sure.done
Can you pm me your no. ?
Need to talk asap.. want to get a consignment in from london.

- - - Updated - - -

hi
Is this an internal hard drive?[

Regards
QUOTE=Maestro;1735457]How much customs & shipping would be charged on this item?

Amazon.com: SAMSUNG 830 Series 2.5-Inch 256GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-7PC256B/WW: Computers & Accessories

Regards,
Maestro[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Hi raghav
All shipments are dutyable execpt books[
You need to send us the invoice in advance to avoid higher duty

Rgds
UOTE=coolraghav;1727500]I had ordered ralph lauren polos and bill amount to $225, although it was gift wrap and no invoice was in the box. But still I got charged around 3500 of duty :( . last time when I ordered I wasn't charged any duty. whats the solution to this? :S[/QUOTE]

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
Hello Alekh,
Apologies for this error.We will refund/Adjust the excess amount in your next shipment[
RegardsQUOTE=alekhkhanna;1731152]As I was getting no replies to my emails, I'll post the issue here:[/QUOTE]

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
Custom duty rate

View attachment 15926
Hello All,
Please find the revised duty rates for your ready referrence
Please note:
1)The imports via shop and ship are not limited to the above list.
2)The assessable value of each shipment is required to be less than 1 Lac INR, over which, each shipment will be cleared by a Clearing agent, at an Additional charge of 2500 INR per shipment
Please contact us at india@shopandship.com for further queries

Attachments

• revised duty rates.jpg
    revised duty rates.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 153

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
Hi
That is only if the total shipment value exceeds 1 lac, we need to use an agent for clearance.

RegardsQUOTE=itzmydamnlyf;1744182]"Additional charge of 2500 INR per shipment"

What does this mean? couldn't understand.[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
Will try and put up another version.[
Regards
QUOTE=raksrules;1744174]^^That document is hardly readable even after opening the pic in another page.[/QUOTE]

montsa007

Adept
Sep 28, 2011
I have a few questions,

Assume I won a phone on Ebay (used), the seller includes the ebay invoice in the package.
Its shipped to your warehouse.

What happens next?

Also I assume we can pay the customs duty online, so when the package is delivered at the destination no cash is collected?

shopnshipindia

Disciple
Feb 8, 2011
www.shopandship.com
Hi
Once you buy the phone, you need to havere the seller deliver it to our SNS address,and it will be moved by us, in the mean time you send the invoice along with the aramex AWb num
I have a few questions,
un fortunately you will nneed to pay the charges in cash on delivery, as the online payment option is not functional for india
Assume I won a phone on Ebay (used), the seller includes the ebay invoice in the package.

What happens next?

Also I assume we can pay the customs duty online, so when the package is delivered at the destination no cash is collected?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi
Once you buy the phone, you need to havere the seller deliver it to our SNS address,and it will be moved by us, in the mean time you send the invoice along with the aramex AWb num.unfortunately you will nneed to pay the charges in cash on delivery, as the online payment option is not functional for india
Hi
Once you buy the phone, you need to havere the seller deliver it to our SNS address,and it will be moved by us, in the mean time you send the invoice along with the aramex AWb num

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
Reactions: 1 person

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
I have a few questions,

What happens next?

Not sure if the invoice plays any part here as customs will charges on the assessed values and not the invoice value.

varkey

Skilled
Sep 8, 2006
Bengaluru / Cochin
www.varkey.in
Not sure if the invoice plays any part here as customs will charges on the assessed values and not the invoice value.

I have got few packages shipped through DHL from Amazon.com where the duty amount is prepaid directly to Amazon. I have noticed that the BOE (Bill of Entry) submitted to customs by DHL will have the item value, HS codes, duty amount etc pre calculated and printed, not even written by hand. The customs official just signs at the bottom and the duty amount is exactly same as what was displayed and charged by Amazon during checkout and no manual changes are made.

Now if Amazon / DHL can pre determine the exact duty amount even in countries such as India and make sure only the correct amount of duty is levied, I don't see why the same can't be done by other service providers.

I think its due to the lack of proper documentations from SnS. When we are ready to give the proper invoices and item descriptions if they submit the same in a proper and timely fashion, the items should be assessed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.