Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
N/A
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Got connectors and thought why not
I am offering to make custom length cabling for modular/semi-modular*/non-modular** power supply units. I have been doing custom length cables for friends and family for sometime now and decided to offer the same as a service here.

Custom cables can be made based on the options below.

For Fully Modular Power Supplies​

Option 1: New set of cables, based on the requirements all of the cables(Motherboard,EPS,Molex,PCIe,SATA) can be made new.
Option 2: Customizing(Reducing the length/Adding more connectors(on Molex/SATA Cables Only)) the existing cable. If you send the existing(OEM) cables then, it can be reduced in length as per your requirements. One end(PSU side) of the cables will be trimmed and re-crimped to achieve the reduction in length.

For *Semi/**Non Modular Power Supplies​

Option 1: For those cables that can be made new it will be, for all others Option 2 is the only choice.
Option 2: If you send the power supply, then the existing wires can be trimmed/extend in length as per requirements.

Notes on warranty and resales. If the original(OEM) cables/psu are modified:

Note 1: If the power supply is under warranty, then modifying the original OEM cables may void its warranty(Am I sure? no. I follow better safe than sorry policy).
Note 2: If the OEM cables are modified, then when reselling the psu, the buyer might rise it as an issue.
Note 3: Opening the PSU for any reason will void the warranty so on semi/non modular power supply customizing the fixed cables will definitely void its warranty so please take that into consideration.

Notes on wires used:​

Note 1: I will be using Finolex/Havels wires by default. If you prefer different make of wires please let me know in advance.
Note 2: I use stranded wires by default, as they are easy to work-with and readily available. But if you want solid core wires please let me know in advance.
Note 3: I will be using the ATX standard AWG 18 for Motherboard/EPS/Molex/SATA cables.
Note 4: I prefer to use AWG 16 for 6/8 pin PCIe cables. The recommended gauge is AWG 18, so if you prefer AWG 18 then please let me know in advance.
Note 5: I will be using AWG 16 for 12 pin PCIe 12VHPWR Connectors and AWG 28 for signal Pins.
Note 6: I will not do double crimping, as they will damage the wire and wont provide proper stress relief. And so I will be joining the wires some distance from the PSU end to keep it clean.

Notes on cable sleeving:​

Note 1: Cable sleeving can be done on modular/semi/non-modular power supplies. On semi/non modular power supplies it might void the warranty as the psu needs to be opened.
Note 2: I use paracod for sleeving jobs as they are easily available, cheap and looks good(my opinion).
Note 3: I don't have cable combs, you can order then separately online or use cable ties to arrange the wires.
Note 4: I don't have any supplier for any fancy sleeving material. I order the paracods on flipkart. If you have any supplier/material in mind let me know in advance.

Some Technical Points on power draw on PCIe cables:​

* 6 Pin PCIe cable is rated for 75W only. Each of the power pins(3 in total) are rated for 8A(8Ax3P=24Ax12V=288W) but the max power draw is limited to 75W by design.
* 8 pin PCIe cable is rated for 150W only. Each of the power pins(3 in total) are rated for 7A(7Ax3P=21Ax12V=252W) but the max power draw is limited to 150W per connection by design. As the cable can push up-to 250W, we see dual 8 pins connectors on single cable that can be used for power draw up to 225W NOT 250W.
* 12 pin PCIe(12VHPWR) cable is rated for 600W only. Each of the power pins(6 in total) are rated for 9.2A(9.2Ax6P=55.2Ax12V=662.4W) but the max power draw is limited to 600W by design.

S.NoPinsCable TypeWire Gauge RecommendedWire Gauge UsedRemark
124Motherboard1818For +3.3v AWG 20 is recommended but to keep it uniform I use AWG 18
28EPS(CPU)1818
34Molex1818
44/5SATA Power1818SATA V3.2 dropped the +3.3v requirements, that's why we have 4 pin sata cables, but if you need +3.3v let me know
56/8PCIe1816If you prefer AWG 18 instead of 16 then please let me know.
612PCIe Gen 3 Power Wire1616
74PCIe Gen 3 Signal Wire2828If you want to use a higher gauge wire, let me know

AWG to mm2 Conversion chart for easy reference​

Code:
AWG    mm2
28    0.08
20    0.5
18    0.75
17    1.0
16    1.5
14    2.5

Please Note:​

1. For custom cabling I need the PSU pinout diagram(I will find them if there is one) and I want your approval before I accept the request. As wrong pin-out will destroy the PC.
2. If possible I will test the cable with the psu before shipping. If not possible I can send you a PSU cable tester to test the cables. After testing you can send the tester back.
3. There is 3 day testing warranty on the customs cables. This is not set in stone. For example, if it take you 10 days to test it because you were busy/went out with family/etc then so be it. This is not a business deal here so.
4. I will be doing this on a first come first serve basis and if my hands are full, I would really appreciate if you can wait for sometime.

Cost Calculation​

1. Connector Cost + Pin Cost + Wire Cost + Shipping Cost = Total Price
2. Connector Cost & Pin Cost are fixed.
3. Wire cost varies based on the wire that is used and the length of the wire used. I will not be charging fixed cost for wires as I will be buying them when I need them so there is that.

How I join the wires​

1. Select an appropriate size ferrule.
2. Remove the plastic sleeving from both wires.
3. Crimp the wires.
4. Use relative colour heat-shrink tubing over the ferrules and wire to prevent short circuit and to keep the wires in place.

Double_Wire_Crimping.jpegComponent_Side_Connector.jpegPSU_Side_Connector.jpeg

@Shiv_am Yellow is available but cyan/light blue is not. There are specialty wires that are available in those colours(cyan/light blue/pink/silver/etc) but as they tend to cost more and provide no extra benefit other than colour I don't stock them. But if you are interested in those colours then I can get them for you.

Recently did a custom pcie 8 pin cable job for @rajch2002, Attaching the pictures as I have not uploaded any previous works.
Cable Specification: 2x8 pin PCIE with black sleeve(black paracord)
01.PCIESet.jpg02.PCIEConnector.jpg

@rockyo27 The price of the cable depends on two things the fixed coast of connector and terminal is one thing but the variable cost of the cable is based on the the length of the cable(due to wire cost) + sleeve type(sleeve length increase will lead to cost increase)(if used). As such I am unable to give you an exact amount, if you can pm your requirement I will be able to give your an exact quotation.

@SamuraiGaming Currently I do not make any extension cable, only fully swappable cables. If there is enough demand I can order the parts but so far it has not been the case. If you want one piece made I can order them from local suppliers but the cost is kinda on the high side.

Recently did a custom pcie 8 pin cable job for @rajch2002, Attaching the pictures as I have not uploaded any previous works.
View attachment 172670View attachment 172671

@rockyo27 The price of the cable depends on two things the fixed coast of connector and terminal is one thing but the variable cost of the cable is based on the the length of the cable(due to wire cost) + sleeve type(sleeve length increase will lead to cost increase)(if used). As such I am unable to give you an exact amount, if you can pm your requirement I will be able to give your an exact quotation.

@SamuraiGaming Currently I do not make any extension cable, only fully swappable cables. If there is enough demand I can order the parts but so far it has not been the case. If you want one piece made I can order them from local suppliers but the cost is kinda on the high side.
If we take this only as example then how much wud it cost if wire being used is awg16 and awg14

View attachment 172670View attachment 172671

Good work! You should be able to use less heat shrink if you solder the two wires instead of using ferrules. Look forward to seeing more custom jobs.

Back