CyberPunk 2077

Ask him to buy VPN and Geforce Now subscription (Steam account can be linked with purchased games) and he will save ton loads of money only if he wants to play this game provided he doesn’t want to use the pc for other necessary work!
Most of such purchases are not driven by logic. He'll be able to justify it some way or another like he'll do his work on it or he also needs it for other purposes.

PS: I am happy for this purchase. I am definitely a gamer :joyful:

Guys let's talk performance and framerates. Please collect as many data as possible.
Someone with a R5 3600, 16GB 3600Mhz, Asus GTX 970 Strix is getting ~35 fps in medium in 1080p.

Guys let's talk performance and framerates. Please collect as many data as possible.
Someone with a R5 3600, 16GB 3600Mhz, Asus GTX 970 Strix is getting ~35 fps in medium in 1080p.
Same config with 1660Super on 1080p High+Ultra settings getting 40-50fps as per someone on YouTube. Will give my feedback once I play it.

Getting around 40-60 fps with everything maxed out with psycho ray tracing and DLSS. This is on a 5600x with 3070 at 1440p.

Game needs performance improvements. Thankfully I've experienced zero crashes and bugs.

Getting around 40-60 fps with everything maxed out with psycho ray tracing and DLSS. This is on a 5600x with 3070 at 1440p.

Game needs performance improvements. Thankfully I've experienced zero crashes and bugs.
So that the performance issue was not just limited to the review copies after all?

So rushed through the prologue and reached Act 1 where you exit your building.

I am getting avg 35 fps. 1440 max settings, 90 FOV, no film grain, no motion blur, psycho rtx, dlss auto. Probably gets worse if fighting takes place.

1- above settings but no rtx or dlss;

2 - above settings but dlss at auto and no rtx;

3- above settings dlss at quality and no rtx;

4 - above settings

Without rtx and dlss performance was decent around 50fps but much better with dlss auto with around 85 fps and 75 with dlss performance. Will stick with dlss performance as it felt smooth. Can forget rtx for me as its awful unless i turn down settings.

Last edited:

I am getting avg 35 fps. 1440 max settings, 90 FOV, no film grain, no motion blur, psycho rtx, dlss auto. Probably gets worse if fighting takes place.

4 - above settings

Without rtx and dlss performance was decent around 50fps but much better with dlss auto with around 85 fps and 75 with dlss performance. Will stick with dlss performance as it felt smooth. Can forget rtx for me as its awful unless i turn down settings.

Do you think a 2080Super can run this with RTX ON & Ultra settings at 1080p ?

EDIT: Nevermind , found a video on youtube for the same.

Last edited:
Game is real buggy! 5 minutes into the game! :rolleyes:
20201210101706_1.jpg

4 - above settings

Graphics are great and all without a doubt. But how are you actually enjoying the game though :p

Graphics are not great at all. Look at the first video with max settings. The textures looks just a bit better Fallout 4. I only played to check out the performance. Won't be touching this till 19-20 as i am away. Hopefully the gameplay and story saves it and bugs are sorted.

I think the game was announced before release of current gen consoles. It should have thoroughly optimised on it but looks like they totally ignored and focused on PC and next gen horsepower.

vega64 hitting temp thresholds and the graphics are still jerky for 4k ultra settings. feels like this game is the new crysis.

Back