CyberPunk 2077

Well, have you guys updated to the latest patch? Noticed any positive change? Because from what I read in the news, the patches should improve things.
And oh,
"CD Projekt Red investors sue company over Cyberpunk 2077 debacle"
CDPR is now in a never-ending drama. This is so NMS'ish and if true it's gonna take a few more years to "polish" the game lol.

unknown.png

Well, have you guys updated to the latest patch? Noticed any positive change? Because from what I read in the news, the patches should improve things.
And oh,
"CD Projekt Red investors sue company over Cyberpunk 2077 debacle"
CDPR is now in a never-ending drama. This is so NMS'ish and if true it's gonna take a few more years to "polish" the game lol.
yeah, the game became very stable after 1.05 patch which was released almost a week ago. Now the game is at ver 1.06. I have noticed minor bugs with the game , but nothing game breaking.

So, yesterday while playing this I had something funny happen...

Have a look at the screenshot below. It's my V rocking her sunglasses :cool:. But take a closer look and you'll see that she is actually wearing 2 sunglasses at the same time, one on top of the other, stacked together:
Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-28-21-24-27-406.jpg

I thought maybe it was just a graphical glitch but wait no... because in the very next cutscene V actually took her shades off and what I got to see is this:
Cyberpunk2077-2020-12-28-21-24-56-612.jpg

LoL... I was like "wait...WTF"! :grin:

8QmIp.gif

will probably get back to it after i finish ori, will of wisps. my thumbs and fingers already have battle scars. hope I dont throw the switch at a wall.

'ALL' the issues will not be solved in one magic 'update'. For instance, look at No Man's Sky, even after the issues with the game at launch, they kept updating the game while kept adding content & fixing it with every update. Maybe the same will happen with CP2077, just don't expect miracles.

Nah, 1.2 isn't that notable of an upgrade yet. Honestly just wait for an ultimate edition or something once the game is actually finished. Might be even cheaper then. Plus according to some leaks on r/gamingleaksandrumors, egs accidentally revealed some new "free dlc" in their store list (hard to call a removed featured which was worked later on and then released dlc tbh) such as barbers, car customisation etc etc.

Nah, 1.2 isn't that notable of an upgrade yet. Honestly just wait for an ultimate edition or something once the game is actually finished. Might be even cheaper then. Plus according to some leaks on r/gamingleaksandrumors, egs accidentally revealed some new "free dlc" in their store list (hard to call a removed featured which was worked later on and then released dlc tbh) such as barbers, car customisation etc etc.
Exactly, waiting for 6 or more months would be the right thing to do. Waiting for ultimate edition would be a long wait as I don't think it would be released before next year at the earliest. Fixing these many issues should not be part of a patch & should ideally have been available from day one, this just goes to show that game was released in alpha stage. This is bound to cause multiple regressions & it would take at least 2-3 more such patches before everything gets sorted to acceptable level.

Honestly, I don't trust these studios anymore. CD Project Red will most probably end up fixing everything based upon the company history but I wouldn't be surprised if they just fix it to a workable level so as to just avoid lawsuits & then just abandon the franchise all together(Highly unlikely). This game has been a total disaster for them & I don't think they know what they are doing specially with the recent announcements that the company will now work on 2 IPs simultaneously because that will somehow make everything more streamlined. They are basically blaming the marketing for the hype surrounding the game rather than accepting that they forced the release before it was actually ready.

Exactly, waiting for 6 or more months would be the right thing to do. Waiting for ultimate edition would be a long wait as I don't think it would be released before next year at the earliest. Fixing these many issues should not be part of a patch & should ideally have been available from day one, this just goes to show that game was released in alpha stage. This is bound to cause multiple regressions & it would take at least 2-3 more such patches before everything gets sorted to acceptable level.

Honestly, I don't trust these studios anymore. CD Project Red will most probably end up fixing everything based upon the company history but I wouldn't be surprised if they just fix it to a workable level so as to just avoid lawsuits & then just abandon the franchise all together(Highly unlikely). This game has been a total disaster for them & I don't think they know what they are doing specially with the recent announcements that the company will now work on 2 IPs simultaneously because that will somehow make everything more streamlined. They are basically blaming the marketing for the hype surrounding the game rather than accepting that they forced the release before it was actually ready.
The marketing, which let's not forget, they created. Watch Cyberpunk trailers, episodes of Night City Wire, or their official tweets. You'll easily find mention or at least allusion to dozens of features that are not there in the game.

Features like night and day cycle, weather effects, police chases, NPCs with unique routines. CDPR promised a 'living breathing city' but what it delivered is worse than GTA: SA.

And last but not the list, the game was promised to be an RPG till August 2020, only for CDPR to release it as action-adventure game.

The marketing, which let's not forget, they created. Watch Cyberpunk trailers, episodes of Night City Wire, or their official tweets. You'll easily find mention or at least allusion to dozens of features that are not there in the game.

Features like night and day cycle, weather effects, police chases, NPCs with unique routines. CDPR promised a 'living breathing city' but what it delivered is worse than GTA: SA.

And last but not the list, the game was promised to be an RPG till August 2020, only for CDPR to release it as action-adventure game.
Right, you can't blame hype & marketing for releasing an unfinished broken product. This would have made sense if the game was not selling well due to it being an underwhelming game, case in point Marvels Avengers, but this game is not selling because it doesn't work & is broken specially on previous gen consoles. This has got nothing related to marketing or hype, it is just CDPRs fault for pushing a unfinished game so as to cash in on holiday season demand & next gen consoles launch. I don't think the game is lacking in terms of feature or gameplay, problem is performance & so many issues.

GOTY edition after 3 years you mean lol. And yeah I'm waiting for it.

Back