FS: Networking D-Link COVR-C1203 Whole Home Wi-Fi System, Mesh router (Pack of 3)

RPisOP

Disciple
Expected Price (Rs)
Shipping from
Bangalore
Item Condition
4 out of 5
Payment Options
  1. Bank Transfer
Purchase Date
Mar 31, 2018
Shipping Charges
Excluded - at actuals
Have you provided two pics?
  1. Yes
Remaining Warranty Period
Invoice Available?
No
Reason for Sale
Upgrading to a more expensive Asus Zenwifi system for WiFi 6 and support for faster speeds.
  • Product Name: D-Link COVR-C1203 Whole Home Wi-Fi System
  • Expected Price: Rs 8000
  • Shipping charges - We can decide on PM
  • Manufacturer page URL: https://in.dlink.com/en/products/covr-c1203-covr-ac1200-dual-band-whole-home-mesh-wi-fi-system
  • Description : This is a Mesh Router by D-Link , we have used it for almost 3 years in an apartment and it has worked really well for us , app is easy to use and it provides good coverage and features, and the routers themselves being small is convenient as they don't take too much space. I have used 1 of these access points across 2 walls in my bedroom and connected an ethernet cable from it to my PC for gaming and it was stable and i was getting good speeds and ping and a stable connection aswell.
  • Product condition: 8 of 10
  • Purchase Date: Approx 3 years back
  • Shipping from: Bangalore
  • Shipping to: Local buyer, prefer a city closer to me
  • Payment options: Cash bank transfer , UPI
  • Purchased for : 13000
If you require any more details or information or pictures please do contact me!
If you live in Bangalore and are willing to purchase it soon i am willing to negotiate.

IMG_20210708_231945.jpg
IMG_20210708_232047.jpg
IMG_20210704_225848.jpg
IMG_20210704_230018.jpg

Since the seller is new to the forum, we have agreed on the below payment terms-
1. 50% on shipment (active tracking)
2. 50% after delivery (ensuring product is not DOA)

Since the product is out of warranty, have asked the seller to confirm on a weeks testing warranty..

Since the seller is new to the forum, we have agreed on the below payment terms-
1. 50% on shipment (active tracking)
2. 50% after delivery (ensuring product is not DOA)

Since the product is out of warranty, have asked the seller to confirm on a weeks testing warranty..
Yes we have both agreed to these terms , Giving a one week period for testing , if there are any problems then i am willing to give a refund.
Shipping details shared , should reach within 2-3 days.

Yes we have both agreed to these terms , Giving a one week period for testing , if there are any problems then i am willing to give a refund.
Shipping details shared , should reach within 2-3 days.

While the tracking is live, its showing a destination pin code from Noida instead of the one based out of Mumbai-Thane for the address i shared. Informed the seller and waiting for an update.

Received the parcel yesterday via DTDC. Payment has been made to the seller via gpay.

Update on the Mesh setup-
While optimum location in the 1100 sqft apartment that i live in have been identified & the satellite units show up excellent connection on these locations with the master, it has happened a few times already since yesterday that either of the satellites show a stable connection via a white light (constant & not blinking) but there is no internet connectivity on the devices connected to these satellites.
On moving the mobile/laptop devices further near the main/master unit the internet seems working fine.

Have reset the device twice but this happened once again 30 mins ago. Have shared detailed videos of the current & earlier instances of this issue with the seller. Will be testing for another day & if the satellite is not able to maintain a stable connection with the master in the same locations where it has excellent connectivity after a reboot/reset, might have to return the device to the seller for a refund.

The seller insisted that i try to resolve this satellite unit connection drop issue with DLINK forums & customer support. Did discuss with the customer support after failing to find out credible solutions on the forums. Some mentioned about running a wired backhaul (whatever that is) for different models than C1200/C1203.
The customer support personnel (3rd one in last 3 days) asked to downgrade the firmware (only) on the master unit from (1.08 to 1.05) & then monitor the connection for a day. He mentioned about similar issue being reported by others where they recommended this solution) I will be doing that tomorrow & reporting back to the seller.

In case the satellite connection drop happens after this, I wouldn't be able to spend more hours on this router which was supposed to be like "setup & forget" kind of mesh device. Would like the seller to take back the product & refund the amount..

Between this, my local broadband ISP was changed to Airtel xstream who have installed their own ONT router. Now the Mesh unit just has to act as a bridge & not even act as a connection point to the ISP server.

Last edited:
i have ordered this from amazon (renewed ) for dirt cheap. i tried to setup multiple times, but was not able to do it. considering the fact this is my main line of work.

This model has major flaws. and Dlink in recent times have gone nuts. go for tplink, its cheap and works great.

i have ordered this from amazon (renewed ) for dirt cheap. i tried to setup multiple times, but was not able to do it. considering the fact this is my main line of work.

This model has major flaws. and Dlink in recent times have gone nuts. go for tplink, its cheap and works great.
Yea once the round of tinkering asked by the seller completes will decide.

@puns, mods, requesting for assistance on this deal.

The dlink support suggestions are too with multiple issues / hassles. Firmware Downgrade hasn’t helped. Can share all my whatsapp discussion evidences with the mods. Would like to get a conclusion on this, need to return the product for a refund.

Is the seller not taking back the product?

Just today, Seller proposed to sell another 2 unit device of the same model for a lower price. Alternatively offered to reduce some price on the amount i paid for this one.

Both are not what i expect. I have three units, all provide adequate coverage with good latency in my entire house, just need connection to be stable which i doubt this would help me achieve. I have a 1100 sq ft house which my earlier router covered 90% with good latency. 3 unit mesh system is fine but replacing a single router with 5 devices is not something that i am looking at.

The seller also confirmed that he faced similar disconnects and hiccups once in a while but that has to do with this model.. i believe since he had 5 units in total in his house he never noticed.

He has agreed to refund the amount upon receiving the return. Awaiting for his acknowledgement on the forum of this and that he would refund the entire amount i paid (6000/-) as soon as he receives the product

Nice to know he is refunding you. I have noticed disconnects on even expensive Mesh Solutions. Nothing beats the relability of wire. Have 16 years old concealed cat wiring in my home and it is still running like new delivering gigabit speeds. Mesh Routers/seperate APs with wired will be way to go for your needs.

Nice to know he is refunding you. I have noticed disconnects on even expensive Mesh Solutions. Nothing beats the relability of wire. Have 16 years old concealed cat wiring in my home and it is still running like new delivering gigabit speeds. Mesh Routers/seperate APs with wired will be way to go for your needs.
How does the reliability get hampered by whether the backhaul is wired or wireless? And like you said, it happens even in expensive mesh setups. Are they overloading the hardware. Even I plan to have a wired backhaul but does that really solve most issues.

How does the reliability get hampered by whether the backhaul is wired or wireless? And like you said, it happens even in expensive mesh setups. Are they overloading the hardware. Even I plan to have a wired backhaul but does that really solve most issue
If mesh router doesn't has separate wifi backhaul channel just for interconnectivity you are bound to get hiccups. i.e. If a router is having a separate wifi channel then you won't be having issue as it will use that channel for backhaul between main router and other channel for connecting with devices.....otherwise you can imagine, transferring data to main router and connected devices on 1 channel will always give drops no matter what.

Is the seller not taking back the product?
Hey, I would like to know the mods/members stance on this. The reason I ask is, when I usually sell a product, I order my replacement. Taking am item back owing to a product series defect gets tricky as that leaves me with 2 products and a financial loss. One might argue that the buyer should have researched before buying.

Sorry, I'm not taking sides or anything, just genuinely want to know.

If mesh router doesn't has separate wifi backhaul channel just for interconnectivity you are bound to get hiccups. i.e. If a router is having a separate wifi channel then you won't be having issue as it will use that channel for backhaul between main router and other channel for connecting with devices.....otherwise you can imagine, transferring data to main router and connected devices on 1 channel will always give drops no matter what.
I understand that completely. But he has said that one sees these issues even in expensive systems, which definitely have dedicated wireless backhaul. Of course, Wired is always going to be better, but unlike me, not everyone is in the position for that setup and hence pay for those expensive products.

Hey, I would like to know the mods/members stance on this. The reason I ask is, when I usually sell a product, I order my replacement. Taking am item back owing to a product series defect gets tricky as that leaves me with 2 products and a financial loss. One might argue that the buyer should have researched before buying.

Sorry, I'm not taking sides or anything, just genuinely want to know.

If its a product defect or an issue, shouldn’t it be highlighted during the sale itself. In simple words-
You buy a router, assume its any router- your isp internet is connected but devices connected to the router say connected, no internet. This is a bad product.. period..

Coming to testing warranty- isn’t the issue that i raised well within the buyers rights of claiming an issue within the agreed period of a weeks testing warranty?

And you are right definitely taking a product back after selling it or purchasing it is a disappointing situation but then the buyer getting a bad product also puts them in the same bus isnt it?

If its a product defect or an issue, shouldn’t it be highlighted during the sale itself. In simple words-
You buy a router, assume its any router- your isp internet is connected but devices connected to the router say connected, no internet. This is a bad product.. period..

Coming to testing warranty- isn’t the issue that i raised well within the buyers rights of claiming an issue within the agreed period of a weeks testing warranty?

And you are right definitely taking a product back after selling it or purchasing it is a disappointing situation but then the buyer getting a bad product also puts them in the same bus isnt it?
Product defect is a bit tricky. It's like saying a certain game crashes on an AMD GPU due to a faulty driver or poor game optimization. One cannot blame the buyer for this, what if they seller never played that game.

With regards to testing warranty, if that was offered, this would indeed be in your right to return.

Back