Dark Souls - Discussion Thread

Completed the point till the first main boss can't really continue no pause is really hurting me since every now and then my family members keep coming in or ask me some or other questions.

Was referring to some videos this guy has posted some secrets which you can get early is it recommended ?

You can always quit the game. It may not be an ideal solution, but it does the job. Except if you're in the middle of a boss fight, in which case, you'll need to start over.

Do not look at any of those videos. It will ruin the entire fun of exploration and remove the hidden danger element. The first 2-3 hours were really terrifying for me, as I had no clue where I was going and kept getting slaughtered. Once I got my gear in place and beefed up a couple of levels, it really wasn't that scary anymore. You have the biggest advantage of lighting a bon-fire in this game, which is more leeway than you got in Demon's Souls.

Those ****ers have huge shield and long spears , how do i tackle them since they come in numbers of 5-6

OK. Taurus is pretty simple. The Capra Demon whom you will face later on, can prove to be a major foe being very agile and the pair of dogs that aid him early on.

For Taurus Demon, as soon as you come out of the tower base, kill those 2 archers atop the tower. Climb the ladder and kill them. Else they will target you when fight the demon in the main battle. Next, proceed further until the demon shows up. Quickly run back and climb the tower. When he is down, jump from the tower and press the attack button which will result in a plunging aerial attack that takes a good chunk of his health. Now quickly roll and run to the other end and keep hurling some fire bombs at him. If you don't have fire bombs, run back to the tower and do the plunging attack again after climbing the ladder. Rinse, repeat.

For the last chunk of his health, keep slashing him.

The problem with some enemies is you cannot lure them they wait patiently for you to attack

That's strange. Almost, every enemy that I have provoked, has always followed me, unless they have ranged attack (Channelers). Each enemy will have a certain area till which they would follow to attack you, post which they re-treat to their designated position. Use a bow to lure them, worked well for me.

Yeah have a bow and plenty of cheap arrows (their weight doesn't count!). Sometimes, some of the mages like the Channeler (whom you will encounter later on) can be easily killed using a bunch of arrows.

Restarted with a new char couple of days back, just to prep for dark souls 2.
Used the white soulstone and a couple of people pulled me in as phantom to help them at gargoyles.
Got invaded once. A few invaded people who i was acting as phantom for.
It was fun, would recommand people to take it up now, since there are people playing it on PC before DSII is released.
Also since the GFWL is shutting down soon and u can't play it later.

Back