Dark Souls - Discussion Thread

Finally after long working hours got my hands on the game on sunday.
Bed of chaos boss is literally impossbile. Unless you read online how to kill it it is so hard to take it down. But a lotta of trials later, finished him. Then was off to tomb of giants. Thanks to sunlight maggot helm it was pretty ok clearing the level. The skeleton dogs did give a run for the money but i handled them ok. Nito wasnt that tough ... too care of the skeletons at first and then it was just running around the boss. After killing him .. teleported to the shrine and deposited the souls and opened the door to the kiln. Then went back to final boss in the expansion. Manus.
Man that boy is tough. He is just going on and on last time i was here he was owning me. But now i managed to whittle down his health till like 50%. Need to improve my strategy a bit more before i can kill him .... guess will take another week to finish this.

Manus done :yahoo:. So much rolling escaping and running. Used up all my estus flasks and a few humanities. And a huge reliance on Silver pendant.
Black knight sword was doing only like 250+ to him. Esp worst is his roar attack which he starts off very fast and esp if u are in an attack animation ... half hp is gone.
Did some pvp after that ... got paired against the same guy. And got owned very badly. I was having huge lag and this was causing so much problems.
Now off to meet kalameet. Hope he wont be that much trouble.

Remember you can apply that turpentine over your weapons to make it extra powerful. Works well with bosses. I recall Manus was easy for me but the Four Kings was the hardest. Good luck!

@Gannu ... at four kings u need to just wear the phy protection ring two hand the halbred and swing away.... they will die before they can kill u. And gold pine resin wont work on special weapons.

BTW finally finished it. Just went to kalameet and gywn ... i think i covered most of the game. Missed out the Ash lake .. but its ok. Also didnt finish all the sub stories.
Kalameet was a bit trouble at first but a lot of jumping around and he was easy to kill. And for gywn i just hid behind rocks and attacked him ... but that was after i tried a lot of things .... just two handed my greataxe and went after him .... he had less than 20% health and he went for his swing combo and killed me ... he was not much trouble at all.

Dark souls 1.jpg

Dark souls 2.jpg

Dark souls 3.jpg

Started NG and it was fun ... dual handing the greataxe ... one shot aslyum demon ... two shot taurus demon ... will play for a while more in NG maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet man! Many congratulations on the feat. Not many would have such an achievement to boast of. :D

NG might be addictive. I stopped after beating the Asylum Demon. :lol:

I have Core i3 with GTS 250 ?

The graphics card might be a hold back, but try applying the 60fps fix and see if it helps. Else, the PC version of this game is unarguably the best version to have. When I now go back to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls on consoles, it just doesn't feel the same.

The graphics card might be a hold back, but try applying the 60fps fix and see if it helps. Else, the PC version of this game is unarguably the best version to have. When I now go back to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls on consoles, it just doesn't feel the same.
Can you link the fix or mods which i need to apply.

EDIT - Got it.

Here's the post when I began the game:

Installed the DSFix 1.7 and thanks to Allwyn, added the SweetFX filter as well. When I loaded the game, I found that the atmosphere was completely dark and I could barely see a thing. Notched up the brightness from the in-game setting to 10. And later, found out that my display’s brightness was set to 0! Increased it to 50, reduced the in-game brightness and all was well. Quickly Alt-Tab’ed back to Windows, loaded Fraps to check the frame rates and the frames were hovering around 59~61. But the annoying part was the black bars at the top and bottom of the display. It appears the game presently supports only displays with 16:9 aspect ratios, did a search on Google and turns out, lot of users were facing this issue which still remains unresolved. Durante plans to fix this later as was mentioned by him in one of the comments. This wasn’t on priority apparently.

Anyways, quickly created a character, chose a female Pyromancer and Master Key as the gift. Spawned at the Undead Asylum, and since I was completely out of touch with the controls, I practiced a bit with those Undead creatures which was more or less lame since they were two shot kills with the axe. Killed the Asylum Demon but missed the plunging attack on it. I plan to take up from scratch once again and get it right. Need to save before the fog door and practice the plunging attack a couple of times. Never died a single time so looks like it’s a good start after all. Killed the demon and quit the game. I did not get transported to Lordran yet. :p

I got it fix yesterday after disabling ingame AA will try SweetFX filter was able to run at 40fps easily, I'm still undecided on character class i tried couple of them Wanderer , Thief , Knight and Hunter and killed Asylum Demon with each one of them i found that Wanderer exposes too much to enemies so could be a problem later in the game , found thief to be weak , Knight looked sturdy, still undecided though

@dinjo: Sorry for the delay. I take it your resolution issue is fixed? What class you choose is entirely up to you. I chose Pyromancer, as that was the most recommended class for a beginner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pyromancer is only character which i have not tried will try out unfortunately the game is not saving progress, is it recommended since its good with fire ?

Have you installed Games for Windows Live? Without it, I don't think the progress would be saved. Pyromancer is OK to begin with. Try to pick up the Drake sword as soon as possible and once you're familiar with the environment, you can start crafting better weapons.

Got the saves working too killed the first boss with my final character but i haven't levelled up yet , which attributes should i choose to level up , I guess Endurance and Vitality ? And is Strength very important ?

Strength IIRC, is important to wield the weapons. Some like the Black Knight Halberd require a specific strength level to wield the weapon failing which the character will be lugging it over. Please do a favor and browse back a few pages. All the queries you have asked/are about to ask, may have already been answered.

Back