Dark Souls - Discussion Thread

Completed Depths ... got the key to blighttown. The boss was pretty easy when you know its attack pattern ... but the size was pretty nice. The two summoned phantoms were less than useful. I just ran around during the fight. Leveled up to 43 now. Killed off two npc ... the smirky guy at firelink bonfire and the merchent in undeads berg .. they were pissing me off .... Didnt go into blighttown ... now where to ? ... The best thing i love about this game it .... it keeps you on foot ... even a group of noobie soldiers can kill you in a few seconds if you are not careful.

Roamed around not knowing where to go next. So went to undead asylum again, but was not able to kill the boss. But luckly got a sword there "Black knight Sword". Its amazing cuts through everything. Just 20 strength needed for it so was great. Then i went to new londo ruins. Lost some transcent curses. Now only have one left :(. I was getting killed constantly inside a room. Then left that too. Now descending the depths of blightown. The place is so dark and creepy, not liking it even a little bit.

Just updating my progress here .... finally got my hands on the game after my travel. Finished blighttown, quelaag's domain, rang the bell ... went to sen fortress and anor londo got the the lordvessel ... and placed it ... Leveled up to 75 odd now ... then went to darkroot garden and killed sif .... made the greatsword of Artorias (cursed). Currently running around with black knight halbred +5. Now i have descended into the demon ruins and making way in lost izalith.

But i have a problem, i dont have any transcient curse to go into new londo ruins. Any ideas wht i can do. I thought i can use the greatsword of Artorias (cursed) but it needs 18 faith and 18 intelligence. Upping my intelligence now. Any suggestions anyone ? ..... currently my best shot seems to be to get cursed and then go there ... got lotta health ( 1.3k odd ... so half that still seems pretty ok ).

Will install the original tonight hopefully. Anyone knows how to transfer saves from the ehm' to the original ?

You can get a transient curse just at the beginning of NLR. And 2 more on a statue just ahead. Keep the covetous gold serpent ring equipped so you can increase the chance of the drops. This way, more of those transient curse will be dropped by the ghosts in this level - guaranteed. Do note that you need the transient curse ONLY to kill those ghosts. Further ahead, you will not find these ghosts so you can use your BKH+5 to slay the enemy. Don't get cursed unnecessarily.

One more important thing I am quoting from a very old post of mine:

I had this ring equipped during my last playthrough at New Londo Ruins (to get some Transient Curse from the ghosts) and after killing one of the several darkwraiths, I happened to get a very unique weapon which can otherwise be obtained only after joining the Darkwraith covenant (through Darkstalker Kaathe which IMO no one would be willing to do during the first playthrough because only one of the primordial serpents can be awakened. If Fraampt awakens, Kaathe will be no more and vice versa. And Frampt is useful cos he can break down bigger titanite shards and trade souls for stuffs. I know this sounds like rocket science to the unknown but once you acquire the Lordvessel you will figure all this out.
tongu23e.gif
) This weapon is called the Dark Hand. It has a 200 phy. damage which takes a lot of time for the animation and 999 durability but this weapon has a secret heavy attack i.e. the R2 attack. It will absorb the humanity from the NPCs! And here's the best part - they do not become hostile! But the downside here is it adds to the humanity counter directly and not the inventory so it cannot be sold to Frampt for 1000 souls. But the point here is, although you may be able to farm several humanities later on, it might be a good idea not to use them to add to the counter immediately.

Good progress krugur! Don't forget to attempt the DLC - AotA as well. :)

Will install the original tonight hopefully. Anyone knows how to transfer saves from the ehm' to the original ?

Don't do this unless you are sure that you can retain your save files and the game will work fine after installation. You've got the original so that's a good deed.

For anyone who's interested, Dark Souls is available for about Rs 730 from Amazon if you have $5 promotional credits which they gave out last year.

You can get a transient curse just at the beginning of NLR.
I been a very bad boy. Used up all those. I did the new londo long back ... seemed easy to kill the ghosts with claymore. But i didnt go much and always die in the room just before Ingward. So left that ... and took ur advice and went blighttown .. I know a lady npc sells it too. But she was behaving bad to me. so i killed her :(. So technically there is noone left now. I also fed the ghost blade i got as drop to Frampt. (>.<) ... being cursed is not a issue as i have the item to cure it in inventory.

Good progress krugur! Don't forget to attempt the DLC - AotA as well.
Ya mostly next stop will be DLC. Read that some suprise story element is there in DLC.

Don't do this unless you are sure that you can retain your save files and the game will work fine after installation. You've got the original so that's a good deed.
I have made a seperate copy of saves from the pirate. And had the original with me ... didnt install as i didnt wanna play with GFWL.

Installed the game and tried to port the save games from the ehm .... didnt work :(. Just tried to start ehm version and that also didnt work. Might have to reinstall ehm and not sure if that will help to.
For now started with a new game. Rang the first bell pretty fast. And got the black knight sword. Now will try and go through the places fast. Also made lotta mistakes (npc kills etc) last play-through; will avoid all that now.
For now one week away from computers. Hopefully will resume next week will full vigor.

Went to darkroot garden ... farmed some moss ... killed moonlight butterfly .... Upped BNSword to +3 .... Went back to Asylum and got the ring. left the boss for now .... Descended into depths and finished the boss ... killed off lautrec for his ring ... descended into blighttown ... rang the 2nd bell. (this time i was able to summon another guy to help me out we 3 vs 1 the boss :) ) ... next is hyrda .. havel .. then darkroot garden ...

Got invaded by someone once in darkroot garden ...and got killed ofc ... black knight sword is not good for pvp. Too much time taken in swing. Need to make another weapon for it.

Finished with hyra and saved the lady there ... joined the cat covenant and then killed shiva's bodyguard ... i didnt quit fast enough so had to kill shiva too :( ... then moved on to sen fortress .. cleaned the place ... and then over to anor londo ... now finishing off painted world ...

Got invaded a couple of times and they kill me so easy ... all of them are magic users and i stand no chance against them.

Holy crap you killed that ninja bodyguard of his?! :scared14:

Kudos to you man! Looks like you've mastered the game. I had a hard time with that dude and when I slashed his bodyguard, Shiva instantly started attacking and then it was 2 on 1 and I lost. So it looks like you are enjoying PvP as well. Good job man. Keep it up!

Attempt it right now Rajat. When you are sailing, I don't think you will have the time to. In case you have a solid laptop, you can as well consider playing it on the laptop instead.

I'm playing Dishonored for now, will see after that if I get time.

I have my visa renewal interview on 23rd so might go on board around first week of Feb.

Painted world done .... got priscilla dagger too ... Cleared the silver knight archers in anor londo :yahoo:damn they are hard ... right now farming some souls at the last bonfire. Just drop the white sign soapstone and get invited by someone and then enjoi .... its awesome when you can duo.

And as a plus killed 2 invaders today (at different times)... luckly they invaded when i was in duo ... 2 on 1 pvp is a different ball game :)

Right now using the black knight sword +5 .... didnt get the halberd drop yet ... also trying to up demon spear. it is pretty nice to use and has a huge range.

Holy crap you killed that ninja bodyguard of his?! :scared14:
It was pretty easy ... u just have to kick him down.
So it looks like you are enjoying PvP as well.
Not really ... just getting my a$$ handed to me. :)

#kestrel5915 You must try this one. This is one rpg that will stay with you. Maybe more than Skyrim. [Yes, i said it]

i think this required a repost here
VG247 said:
But you know what? I'm actually looking forward to it. The one thing you learn from all this bitter experience is that what takes 35 hours could be easily done in 10. You just have to be prepared to fail, and be braver than you've ever dared to be in a videogame. When you've broken through the pain barrier, you'll wonder why you were ever such a pussy about it.

Progress update:

Finished anor londo ... and joined the Darkmoon covenent. Placed the lordvessel [didnt go the other way ... need to feed items to frampt ]. Then went to new londo ruins ... didnt drop the dark hand ... will farm their later for it ... cleared that place ... 4 kings done in one go ... just tanked all dmg and kept attacking them .. finished easily .... then went to catacombs and pine wheel is history ... then went to duke archives that place is a bit tricky with so many archers from all directions ... got killed there a couple of times before i got the hang of it ... cleared that and was off to crystal cave .... man the invisible path ways ... took a while to cross them. fell once and lost 50k souls ... felt sad i had to leave all those moonlight butterflies ... was only able to get one hit off on them before they flew and killed me ... killed seath and farmed some titanite at that bonfire ... then was off to demon ruins and cleared that .... now in lost isalith ... had to kill poor solatire ...
Also started off AOTA expansion ... killed the sanctury guardian ... the next region the giants a pretty badass ... they hit hard and take a lotta dmg to kill and they swing with no mercy :(
My previous run helped me a lot .... finished most of the places pretty fast.

As for pvp ... got invaded thrice killed twice and got killed once .... also i tried invading and was put up 2 on 1 ... failed miserably.

Looks like you did well on your second run so congrats on that! Taming a game like this is by no means a joke. :)

Almost on the verge of completion. The final boss is damn easy! :p

Look at him just breezing through the game. I could only read the word 'killed' about a dozen times in every sentence from his last post. Good going Krug! :)

Thank you both of u ... u guys pushed me to play this and i am glad i took it up ... Really epic work by the from software team ... Reached the end of the AOTA expansion and i have to say , it improves upon the original . Especially the bosses. They have become a lot tougher. Currently stuck at manus. Man that guys is aggressive, he just dont give u a breather. Farming souls now so i can improve my gear. Any recommendations ?? ... I have lost isalith boss, valley of drakes and tomb of giants to clear out ... then its off to Gywn.

Back