Darksiders - Discussion Thread

dovakhiin

Adept
DarkSiders,How is it?

As the title says guys...any users tried Darksiders :Wrath of War yet?I thought its one of those hack-n-slash console ports which really suck on the PC but reviews for PC version look pretty good.Please pour in your reviews/comments/opinions.

Re: DarkSiders,How is it?

Yes i am playing it. Its very good actually. a mix of prince of persia(warrior within that is) but overall much much better than the last week title Dead rising 2(read crap)

It's not a rip-off of anything. Just like all the other hack-en-slash games, it borrows certain gameplay elements. The game itself is amazing. Start is a bit dull, but once you keep increasing WAR's abilities and his weapons, that's when the fun really kicks in. It's a long game. Be prepared for backtracking in some of the levels. Puzzle solving is great in certain levels, platforming not so much. Boss Battles are pretty good. Voice acting & storyline is completely kick-ass. Must play for sure.

Seems like the general opinion is that its good.Getting the *ahem* version is a daunting task.The game is 14GB in size so it would be a huge waste if the game was crappy:p.

ubergeek said:
how does the game play with kb and mouse

I'd like to know this.Is the KB contorl smooth.?hack-n-slash and fight games usually feel very weird on the keyboard...

This is one amazing game......A must play game......and the keyboard actually works very well, i felt it was way better than a gamepad.

Game is good ..gameplay good .....bosses are great......art style is good ...upgrades feel good .....voice acting sucks ....really .... specially war's!!( icant stress it enough ..... speaks like our good ol' dhermender with somthing up his a$$)

dont expect it to be awesome though .....just another good hack and slash

Till now, i feel like its a modified version of the Ancient Indian story "Vikram and Beetal". Where Beetal sits on Vikram's shoulder and tellshim what to do.

Initial impressions are fair. I hope the later part is good though.

nuke'em said:
Seems like the general opinion is that its good.Getting the *ahem* version is a daunting task.The game is 14GB in size so it would be a huge waste if the game was crappy:p.

I'd like to know this.Is the KB contorl smooth.?hack-n-slash and fight games usually feel very weird on the keyboard...

err u can get the ripped version its actually 4.3 gb only the videos quality has been degraded and nothing has been removed. I am usin the same

manusag said:
err u can get the ripped version its actually 4.3 gb only the videos quality has been degraded and nothing has been removed. I am usin the same
Doh!!:facepalm:....forgot to check for that.Already 5GB down on the iso....oh well:sigh:...atleast the video quality will be good.:p

nuke'em said:

Yes, although U'd hav to keep checking the camera urself periodically from ur mouse, But it's best played with the gamepad. I started today. The story is intriguing.

jojothedragon said:
Till now, i feel like its a modified version of the Ancient Indian story "Vikram and Beetal". Where Beetal sits on Vikram's shoulder and tellshim what to do.
Initial impressions are fair. I hope the later part is good though.
Though i havent tried this one.but yes If you observe closely then many games borrows some part of their story from indian mythologies modifies them and then present it.

^ lOl its nothing like that .....its just the characters .....and their placement ....resembles vikram betaal iwont call it "borrowed"

WTH! many games do "borrow" stuff from Indian Mythology. Look at Tomb Raider Underworld where you need to solve a puzzle in a Maa Kali Temple. Like this many other games are also there.

strategy said:
^ lOl its nothing like that .....its just the characters .....and their placement ....resembles vikram betaal iwont call it "borrowed"

dude i said i haven't played this game.What i mentioned there is for other games.and what you have mentioned is not a mythology its just a story.

jojothedragon said:
WTH! many games do "borrow" stuff from Indian Mythology. Look at Tomb Raider Underworld where you need to solve a puzzle in a Maa Kali Temple. Like this many other games are also there.
Lol thats perfectly ok and quite good too.But what i meant was there are some stages in certain games which looks similar to a part of a story from indian mythologies.

try to figure out yourselves.

Back