Darksiders - Discussion Thread

Re: DarkSiders,How is it?

I played this for about 2 hours yesterday, nothing new nothing special.My gamepad isn't working with this.Gameplay though has nice mix up of action, puzzle and platforming,it still feels old and isn't addicting.

It is a mixture of like 15 games...but then again its super fun to play...to bad my card got fried on the 3rd boss fight :(

pavasedge said:
I played this for about 2 hours yesterday, nothing new nothing special.My gamepad isn't working with this.Gameplay though has nice mix up of action, puzzle and platforming,it still feels old and isn't addicting.
And what gamepad would that be? Guys, anyone having issues with the X360 controller?

Is there too much of button mashing or are the combos pretty easy to be done?

pavasedge said:
The initial few hours may feel lack luster but believe me you will soon be cribbing for lack of time to play the game..

Desecrator said:
Combos are pretty simple. Nothing too complex like DMC. You'll have enough time to explore and implement your combos on various enemies. Some enemies do require timed block dodge/roll, but you'll get by it. It's not the combat you should be worried about, it's the puzzle solving.

^Heh coming from guys like us who have played *the* NGS, I think this one should be a walk in the park aye? :lol:

Easily. Ninja Gaiden is an acid test for hack-en-slash games. Darksiders major focus is platforming and puzzle solving. I ignored it initially as I had tried it post playing Bayonetta. It was a mistake. The fast paced combat in that game made me throw Darksiders aside. But as my backlog diminished, I had no choice but to try this. It turned out to be a surprisingly good title. The first few levels would be a bit dull and with most of WAR's abilities taken away, you would probably have to travel across different locations to gain more power. It's definitely worth a try, especially on the PC.

this game started once for me now after vigil video nothing happens ..... looking for the solution but havent found any thing yet

reinstalled it without any help

Desecrator said:
And what gamepad would that be? Guys, anyone having issues with the X360 controller?

I tried with 2 game-pads, one of them is without analog sticks.Game doesn't works with either of them.When game-pad is plugged in, game won't recognize the keyboard and camera gets stucked looking up.I tried with with XBOX 360 controller emulator and it seems to work fine but whenever i press ESC to pause, game's exe encounters problem and it closes.

Ryu has a katana lightning quick....war has a big sword ...slow ...cant comare the two ...combose here are a lot slower than NG!

Started the game day before yesterday and had to take a day off from work yesterday for some other reason but played this game to my heart's content! Loved it completely. The game draws a lot of resemblances from GOW 3 though. For instance, Kratos has Icarus's wings, War has Shadowflight which lends him the same ability. Kratos has the Nemean Cestus as a pair of gauntlets, War has a similar pair of gauntlets with similar abilities. The movements of both the characters are very similar. The orbs/souls being collected after the enemies are defeated are very similar. Both War and Kratos can open several chests. I could go on and on. :p

The game has a decent storyline nevertheless. Voice acting is simply amazing! The combos are very good and almost every combo is pretty much doable unlike NGS. So far so good. I've defeated 2 bosses - Tiamat and the Griever.

Desecrator said:

i'm using an x360 controller btw....it works pretty well, combos are pretty easy to pull off.haven't played all that much though...Obsessed with F12010 for the time being...:)

quan chi said:
but yes If you observe closely then many games borrows some part of their story from indian mythologies modifies them and then present it.
jojothedragon said:
WTH! many games do "borrow" stuff from Indian Mythology. L

They are not necessarily borrowing from Indian Mythology. The similarities exist primarily because Indian Mythology has a lot in common with other ancient mythologies from which games and comics take inspiration. Major examples are Norse and Greek mythologies. A lot of game/comic book characters and stories are inspired from Norse lore. Both Norse and Indian mythologies have common roots. I am talking about the Aryan connection here.

Norse mythology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Proto-Norse language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Indo-European languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At a later date in history, a lot Norse lore crept into Christianity as well during the spread of Christianity in Europe. Most christian lore has Jewish origins. But there are also may references that were absorbed from the Norse lore (like the concept of Hell). Some references specifically stand out. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse is a reference from the Bible (Book of revelations) and while I could not find anything parallel in the Nordic lore, this has a very Nordic ring to it which might be a reason that it also seems like some form of modified Indian mythology.

Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL at all those who are comparing War and The Watcher to Vikram and Betal.

This game is mighty big! I've completed about 7+ hours of gameplay time and I am seeking The Stygian now. Recovered a major portion of the health upgrades which were lost later after the first level. The Chaoseater has crossed 3 upgrades already. Don't seem to like/use the scythe much. War has claimed his ride back - Ruin. :D

Btw the frames are locked at 60 with the v-sync on. During heavy battles, this seems to come down to about 40-45'ish. I get weird artifacts at times - perhaps a driver upgrade may resolve this issue.

Had an awesome 6 hour long session yesterday. :p

Defeated the Stygian at the ashlands and Silitha at the iron canopy. Got myself the Voidwalker - now teleportation is much easier. I think the game should be done by tonight. Almost 11+ hours of gameplay have been completed ATM. Been awesome by far. :D

darksiders seems to crash a lot using catalyst 10.9

@ Desecrator u using which version of ati catalyst...

^updated to 10.9 from 10.7 and had no issues till completion. :)

Completed the game a while back! Amazing game - loved it thoroughly. The gameplay time totaled a whopping 15+ hours for me on medium difficulty. :O That is quite a long one if you ask me since it generally takes me <10 hours to complete a button-mashing title. But the storyline, voice acting and the cutscenes were all brilliant. The OSTs were okay'ish IMO. The boss battles were very good minus the last one.

The destroyer was an easy one. Abaddon pulls off quite a handful of tricks with his long sword once he's out of the destroyer's form so watch out. LOL a little birdie did tell me Abaddon would be the final boss. :p

Thanks to the portals, every place was quickly accessible. So whatever chests were missed out previously could be accessed without issues once War attains all the powers.

A sequel is planned - eagerly waiting for it. :D

Next up - Mass Effect series back to back.

The gameplay time totaled a whopping 15+ hours for me on medium difficulty.

Hmm, I'm at 8 hours now and in the Tower Guardian Part, after getting Portals power. Same difficulty. That's as of Friday. 'm on a holiday and cant continue till next friday. Darn it such a lovely game. Although it does need some optimisation in performance and there are few texture glitches and crashing to desktop issues too. But nothing that can stop me from playing this lovely title.

any 1 have save game data at this level

Darksiders The Hollows

accidentally deleted the save game :cry: and i have to start it all again .... was playing it on hard difficulty and collected all achievements upto now

plzzzzzzz guys some 1 upload the save game

I've played 8hours + at Normal Difficulty. Got 3 hearts now i'm there for that spider b**ch's area.. Don't remember her name correctly :p Do you wanna this savegame?

Back