Darksiders II - Discussion Thread

Completed main quest in 24 hours with few side quests. Earth level was boring with hordes of enemies in the way.

Shadow's Edge level was done in haste. I met Samael before I could blink my eyes.

Story is not better than the first one but the gameplay and RPG elements make up for the fun.

I was in the Drenchfort and accidently deleted the save game. If anyone has/is playing close to that level, please share your save game. Thanks.

Right now iam in the city of the dead ,and the puzzles keep getting better and the boss fights and mini boss fights are getting a bit tougher for some reason i just cant put the controller down. the new abilities are quite kick ass.

Started again using the 360 controller now.:)Since i started from the middle.Guys can anyone please tell me which buttons to aim for throwing those exploding balls.and how to ask dust to show the way.

Must be another dungeon with some loot, platforming and a final boss and then some. Wouldn't be very interesting I reckon.

Must be another dungeon with some loot, platforming and a final boss and then some. Wouldn't be very interesting I reckon.

Actually the Argul's Tomb DLC is interesting in one way @Gannu. After I beat Thane, which was very easy the chap gives us a side-quest to liquidate the enemies of the Maker's. One of them is Argul and that side-quest is unfulfilled until you put-paid to him.

Apart from that as I have bought the retail edition of the game, I will not be smoking another $10 -->$20 on a DLC immediately, maybe the STEAM winter sale might hold some goods for us mere mortals.

P.S. -- made a mistake by starting the game on APOCALYPTIC, the Swarm on the Earth is painfully overpowered and I have already died close to ~150 times in my 25 hour play-through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the Argul's Tomb DLC is interesting in one way Gannu. After I beat Thane, which was very easy the chap gives us a side-quest to liquidate the enemies of the Maker's. One of them is Argul and that side-quest is unfulfilled until you put-paid to him.

Errr so killing Argul (The Deposed King) is the DLC that we are referring to here? :lol:

I completed that already along with the other 2 bosses. So much for a DLC. But yeah he was THE hardest adversary for me in the game. Took me a while to finish him despite Death being at Level 18. Btw I've completed ALL the side quests - just in case. :)

Opening random chests do not count. :/

All the side quests? Hot dam! I didn't bother with them, after Karn's side quest. Tracking some of them are a pain in the arse. The map doesn't even point out a proper location.

Yeah. There were none left in the objectives after the game was over. :p

Actually like any other RPG I've played previously, I sidelined the main quest completely and finished off the side quests first. Then, the Soul Arbiter's Maze started becoming a pain because the enemies keep spawning one after the other. So I decided to concentrate on the main quest a bit and later come back for this one. Finally completed it prior to facing Samael.

Some objectives will not give you a tracking. Most of these can be pretty easily found in the main map itself. For instance, killing the bloodless from both the locations. These things are wandering around and all we need to do is mount Death on Despair and keep running around. Another one is finding Oran's limbs scattered around. At one point I found all barring one. Then I found the last one in front of a dungeon I was least expecting. :p

I found several stones as well (not all of them though!) and exchanged them for some ability upgrades from Blackroot. A mix and match from the 3 stones grants Death different abilities.

Errr so killing Argul (The Deposed King) is the DLC that we are referring to here? :lol:

I completed that already along with the other 2 bosses. So much for a DLC. But yeah he was THE hardest adversary for me in the game. Took me a while to finish him despite Death being at Level 18. Btw I've completed ALL the side quests - just in case. :)

Dunno, I just reached Earth and saved Uriel's bacon before dying ~10 times against the Swarming... Swarm. APOCALYPTIC RAGE in me >.< RRRRRRRRAAAAAGGHH!!

So yep maybe it is just a prank dungeon for us to explore and opening a couple of chests. And there will be a neat little explanation by Mr. Argul why he decided to batty and we will get a candy to console us for the crappy graphics on the PC =PP.

Back