Darksiders II - Discussion Thread

I do not remember much, it's been a while since I've played the first title. Besides, I have a bad memory! I also discovered that Death can get a momentary boost in the water while swimming as well by pressing RB, just as he would cue Despair for the dash.
You finding this so late in the game? Reminds me of a friend who dint know the transport ability in POP (2008) until after he completed the game :p Flew into rage over his SD TV. ;)
That said, I got to play after quite a long time yesterday, still on the third dungeon. One thing I confirmed was: my RB button is gone. Thanks to the rage during Outland last level. It works intermittently. Wish they had added block.
I also found some bugs in the game - In the lost Temple, fight with those lizard/dragon looking creatures. I threw one of those over the ledge. Killed the mini-bosses (larger lizards/dragons) but door wont open. I tried everything only to find the lizard/dragon sticking on to the outer walls. Couldn't kill it, had to die and restart the fight. :mad: Taken a pic with my phone, will upload later.

I do not remember much, it's been a while since I've played the first title. Besides, I have a bad memory! I also discovered that Death can get a momentary boost in the water while swimming as well by pressing RB, just as he would cue Despair for the dash.
It was in Darksiders 1 too, the boost in swimming. I know because I hunted treasures deep inside water bodies.

Gorewood would be a tough adversary if you happened to face him during the early stages. Fortunately for me, I had leveled up to 8 or something when I faced him and had some health flasks as well. Besides, you need to drain his health until 90% of his health bar and Death's reaper form would appear finishing him with some final blows.
Killed Gorewood after reaching level 8. It was easy to land blows on him using Masher of Karkinos.

The Guardian boss was epic but the fight had little twists and challenges:

The Guardian battle reminded me of SotC boss battles. Not sure if you have played it already on the PS2/PS3. The colossi had some weak points and we are supposed to analyse them, scale them and hack them at the specific weak points to bring down their health. For the Guardian, the first one was easy, but the second one was a bit tricky. I managed to do the right thing but the ball kept chasing Despair pretty quickly. Figured it out the next time. :p

The Deposed King is one heck of a boss! I don't think I can face him until Death has leveled upto 20 something.

Played until 1:30 AM yesterday (and woke up at 5 AM today!). This is the issue with good RPGs. They just tend to pull you into the game and not spare us at all! :(

Clocked some 19+ hours, leveled up the kinslayer to 17 (or was it 18?), defeated the Achidna and brought the 3 Lords for The Dead King finally unlocking City of the Dead. Paused it there for the day.

I happened to upgrade a pair of random possessed scythes and after upgrading it to the max (i.e. 5 levels you could do for any possessed weapon), the scythes became insanely powerful! It had so many attributes as well which were rated much much higher than any other weapon I could find. Even the rarest of them you could find in some loot. So do try upgrading possessed weapons with the spare loot you have instead of selling them to the merchants.

There is one major bug in the dungeon Psychameron (this is not optional and you will come across this one) so folks who are headed there watch out! Once you defeat the final boss, i.e. Basileus and Achidna, you will not be able to come out of the dungeon through the way you came from. The gate would be closed with the vertical bars that were initially deactivated using the 2 Lords stepping on those weight plates. I wasted close to half an hour running around in circles and Dust was completely lost indicating random locations for Death. Finally looked it up on the web and turns out, the only way you can get out is to enter the map, and press LS (the game incorrectly displays it as A - about time the devs. fixed the bugs) which will then display the main map. Then head to some location to get out of the dungeon. For a moment, I thought I almost lost the entire gameplay hours I had put in!

Did anyone happen to complete the Crucible challenge? I survived until Wave 8 when Death was at Level 14. Will give it another shot today.

I am in hunt for The Phariseer. Gnasher's fight was satisfying. It took me some time to realize the trick to defeat him. Heavy weapons work best against him up close. Also that scarab hulk was nice touch to the already countless hordes of midget scarabs. And the dragons are just so funny yet intimidating.

I am at level 14.

There are dragons in Darksiders 2? Are you referring to Bheithir? That looked like some big ass dragonfly to me! The Phariseer was a cake walk literally. Try the Deposed King!

Iam on the serpents way as well,you know the big boat which is towed by the huge serpents,i have spent 8 hours on this game and it has surpassed its prequel in every way my only crib is the plaforming could've been a bit more challenging like pop SOT,apart from the game is very enjoyable.

Yeah platforming has been dumbed down a bit. It feels like a mashup of God of War, Prince of Persia, Legacy of Kain etc. etc.

Looks like there are not many who are playing the game right now barring a few. Allwyn how's your health? Has your flu subsided?

Anyways, had a bit of progress yesterday and completed all the major quests and side quests in the Kingdom of the Dead. And just when I thought this was the only other world (other than The Forge Lands), I was mistaken. There's another world - Lost Light! And a portal opens up at both the locations once the final quest in City of the Dead is completed and the boss - The Wailing Host is beaten. This boss battle was pretty simple with the summoned ghouls helping me out draining a large chunk of the boss's health and taking down the minions quickly.

Slain the Deposed King finally and collected all the pages of the Book of the Dead Chapter 2 (there's also a third chapter!) but the rewards this time were less promising. The vault is located at:

at the bottom most part of the Lair of the Deposed King after the spiral stairway ends.

I completed first chapter of the Book of the Dead. Will resume on weekend.

This game is clearly a much better and deserved sequel. There is so much to too and the RPG elements are done very well.

rite now iam on the mission to awake the champion of arena,i need to beat him in order to meet the king of the death,so far i have found one of the horns among three for waking him up,the puzzles in the game are really good ,things like finding your way to reach a goal it is very satisfying.anyhow how hard is it to beat the champion of the arena? will it be tough to be beat him rite now iam in level 13

Should be quite okay on that level. He isn't hard. Stock up on the health flasks before you face him. Use the Teleport ability often when you are low on health before consuming a health flask. The hardest adversary I have faced until now will undoubtedly be the Deposed King Argus. Boy that was one hard battle!

On a side note, I cannot believe someone here completed the title in 18 hours! That sounds weirdly impossible. Hell, even the developers mentioned that if they were to do a speedrun, it would take them some 20 hours to complete it without attempting the side quests and perhaps on the Easy difficulty.

^^zeldaish dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be quite okay on that level. He isn't hard. Stock up on the health flasks before you face him. Use the Teleport ability often when you are low on health before consuming a health flask.

I found that getting near him and landing some heavy weapons blows keep if off guards. He doesn't whip lash that bone worm too. Just remember to dodge when he tries to stomp and go behind him. I was using one of the enchanted hammer with fire damage.

Back