Darksiders II - Discussion Thread

Completed a few more dungeons, retrieved some lost equipment that belonged to the NPCs, leveled up Death to 7, unlocked few Wrath abilities from the Necromancer and Harbinger Tree, sold plenty of unwanted loot to Vulgrim and gained some 77+k coin, collected 20 boatman coins, explored some area and wasted time etc. etc. were the closing status of yesterday's playthrough. Looking forward to the evening. :D

How many Book of Dead pages did you guys manage to collect?

Found 7 of them so far. Don't forget to break all those pots and boxes scattered around. :p

I'm breaking, exploring, destroying everything in my path. That's what I do. That's who I am.

I didn't get too far yesterday, as reached home a bit late. Now that I have these 3 days to myself, I'll have plenty of time to play around with it.

Phil Lamarr has -- 'The voice' really versatile guy, now he is the voice-actor for Vulgrim but remember this guy --
Rudish_SamuraiJack_Persona_HPLE.jpg

He was the voice-actor for him too and I can go on and on.

Back to the topic, I see you are enjoying the game [@Gannu, @Ethan_Hunt]. How would you rate it and no-more about the graphics being blocky I has heard enough.

I'm breaking, exploring, destroying everything in my path. That's what I do. That's who I am.

Remember the code of honour you carry Sire, being hungry for Death, that is Bushido. A thousand mortals cannot kill such a person.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ride the pale horse released by the opening of the fourth seal. My name is Death..and its time! :eek:hyeah:
Started with Darksiders II

Back to the topic, I see you are enjoying the game [Gannu, Ethan_Hunt]. How would you rate it and no-more about the graphics being blocky I has heard enough.

I'm not too far into the game, so my opinion would be a rather compressed one, so to speak. Technical issues aside, I think the game is extremely engaging and fun. As a protagonist, Death is far superior to War in every way. The combat mechanics are extremely fluid and easy to adapt. Not to mention, Death's voice-over, who sounds so bad-ass. RPG elements have been added in, which I'm sure you would welcome. Exploration has it's own merits, like finding hidden items related to quest, weapons, health potions etc. NPC's contribute a great deal to the story and also provide a good comic relief with their conversations. Traveling is easier this time, as you don't really have to run your way throughout the map (which is huge). You can summon Despair on-the-fly and start exploring different areas. The steed has limited access areas though. You're other trusty companion, Dust, will guide you through the path, if you're lost along the way. The art-work is absolutely stunning. The world looks so vivid and lively. Soundtrack is absolutely mesmerizing. Imagine Witcher 2's flute tunes. ;)

So yes, it's pretty good so far.

I'm not too far into the game, so my opinion would be a rather compressed one, so to speak. Technical issues aside, I think the game is extremely engaging and fun. As a protagonist, Death is far superior to War in every way. The combat mechanics are extremely fluid and easy to adapt. Not to mention, Death's voice-over, who sounds so bad-ass. RPG elements have been added in, which I'm sure you would welcome. Exploration has it's own merits, like finding hidden items related to quest, weapons, health potions etc. NPC's contribute a great deal to the story and also provide a good comic relief with their conversations. Traveling is easier this time, as you don't really have to run your way throughout the map (which is huge). You can summon Despair on-the-fly and start exploring different areas. The steed has limited access areas though. You're other trusty companion, Dust, will guide you through the path, if you're lost along the way. The art-work is absolutely stunning. The world looks so vivid and lively. Soundtrack is absolutely mesmerizing. Imagine Witcher 2's flute tunes.

Thank you Allwyn Sire, that is a great help. Now I just need to twiddle my thumbs till the copy reaches me from flipkart, towards the end of the month.

The soundtrack was bound to be good, Jesper Kyd knows his art.

Started with Darksiders II

How you got the game, so fast. :scared14:

@ALPHA17: I am loving the game and everything it has to offer. Not very cocky about the minimalistic graphics settings or being a console port since gameplay, combat and the storyline has taken priority over it. I believe the game is lengthy (~40-50 hours tops) so I'll reserve my final comments until I complete it. Hopefully before the next weekend since I am headed home and will not have access to my primary rig.

Why does the game has so much puzzle platforming i always thought it to be a hack and slash.

Haven't you played the first title?

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question, how do you use the Necromancer skill? I have invested 2 of my skill points towards it, with absolutely no clue of how to summon those powers. Also, are there areas with treasures, which can't be accessed without gaining some additional skill? For example, I could spot a treasure chest just a few feet away from me and the only thing stopping me from reaching it was my jump distance. I just couldn't make it, perhaps a double jump ability or an alternate router could be available?

Back