Darksiders II - Discussion Thread

Anyways the last game in which i had spend so many hours would be fable 3 and oblivion.Skyrim is still idle(only half completed).:D anyways though the game is interesting i have other work to do too.I may play it slowly or will leave it till the half and then will continue it some other time.

Quick question, how do you use the Necromancer skill? I have invested 2 of my skill points towards it, with absolutely no clue of how to summon those powers. Also, are there areas with treasures, which can't be accessed without gaining some additional skill? For example, I could spot a treasure chest just a few feet away from me and the only thing stopping me from reaching it was my jump distance. I just couldn't make it, perhaps a double jump ability or an alternate router could be available?

Have you tried Left Shoulder Button + Y ? I am using the 360 controller, don't know about the keyboard settings. There will be many treasure areas which will be inaccessible initially, I believe it was same for Darksiders I. Later on you will unlock abilities that will help you to reach those areas.

This is one aspect I don't like, revisiting already completed areas just to collect loot, especially when the world is so huge and convoluted.

OT: Did Sam call you up Ankur? Get the latest DLC for Payday: The Heist ready. We'll try it out this weekend.

jc36lect3r: I tried using Left bumper + Y combination, but it only has the skill highlighted for my scythe warping, which is mapped to X. So may be I need to acquire that skill first?

I agree on the back-tracking to areas just to grab the loot. The world is so huge and you often tend to forget the location where you last spotted something. Then you just have to wonder around aimlessly just to locate those chests.

OT: Did Sam call you up Ankur? Get the latest DLC for Payday: The Heist ready. We'll try it out this weekend.

jc36lect3r: I tried using Left bumped + Y combination, but it only has the skill highlighted for my scythe warping, which is mapped to X. So may be I need to acquire that skill first?

I agree on the back-tracking to areas just to grab the loot. The world is so huge and you often tend to forget the location where you last spotted something. Then you just have to wonder around aimlessly just to locate those chests.

I have that for many days.:)

I tried using Left bumped + Y combination, but it only has the skill highlighted for my scythe warping, which is mapped to X. So may be I need to acquire that skill first?

I remember now, I went into options and mapped it to Left bumped + Y. You can map it to left bumped + some other button, try it out?

Quick question, how do you use the Necromancer skill? I have invested 2 of my skill points towards it, with absolutely no clue of how to summon those powers. Also, are there areas with treasures, which can't be accessed without gaining some additional skill? For example, I could spot a treasure chest just a few feet away from me and the only thing stopping me from reaching it was my jump distance. I just couldn't make it, perhaps a double jump ability or an alternate router could be available?

You have to allot those skills into one of the four shortcut keys and then use them with the relevant shortcut key combo. For instance, for the teleport slash (basically the first skill you will unlock under the harbinger tree) I've allotted this skill to LB + X shortcut (the other possible options being LB + Y, A or B). For spawning the ghouls i.e. the exhume ability (first skill under necromancer tree) I've it allotted to LB + A. You can bring up the menu by pressing D-pad down key, which will indicate the shortcuts assigned to various powers.

The most insane of all these powers is to spawn the reaper form by pressing LB + RT. Although it lasts only for a short burst, Death unleashes some furious attacks on the opponents and owns them left, right and centre!

And yes there are areas you may not access now (because it may require certain skills or say water to be pumped into the room so you can reach higher - happened with me yesterday in one of the dungeons) or stuffs you cannot collect now because you lack the equipment so you could come back later when you have them. The good thing is whatever chests are not opened shows up on the map and those that have been opened do not. So that's fine with me. :)

This is one aspect I don't like, revisiting already completed areas just to collect loot, especially when the world is so huge and convoluted.

Somewhat true but this time we could fast transport from dungeons to dungeons and traders from the main map. And I just keep scribbling down something on the notepad so I can figure out the location later when I've acquired the ability. Those stones for instance. I did not have the ability to retrieve them before even though I had the pistol. And then I met Blackroot who handed me the Lure Stone. :p

The platforming in the game is so linear hardly any challenge in doing so, the large world is completely wasted by developers hardly making use of it

8 hours on by far and had quite some progress yesterday! :D

Awakened the Warden, reached the Forge and along with my new partner Thane, we've managed to reach the location where the Guardian is held up!

The story has become a bit predictable now I feel - I could anticipate what is about to happen. Anyhow, leveled Death up to 10, sold some more loot and earned some 200k+ gilt, unlocked some insane powers from the Necromancer tree, completed some dungeons - some in its entirety and some I couldn't because Death lacks the required ability. I see a few hooks on the wall and some blue portals at some locations. Maybe Death is supposed to get a grappling hook power or something later? :p

BTW the summoned ghouls have become a lot more powerful now and they last a bit longer as well. Although they may not stand a chance against a proper dungeon boss, with the lesser minions that attack in groups these dudes simply own them!

Did anyone manage to collect all the limbs of Oran strewn around? I was able to collect only 3 so far. I scouted the entire map with Despair but couldn't find the last one. Oh and whilst mounted on Despair, if you press RB to cue it in front of some minion, Despair would dash over it and it'd die instantly! Pretty nifty instead of swaying the scythe a couple of times. Figured this out yesterday. :p

Anyways the last game in which i had spend so many hours would be fable 3 and oblivion.

How many hours are we talking of, here?

Maybe Death is supposed to get a grappling hook power or something later?

That be the Ghost Hand ability, Sire. It is shown in the trailer where he takes down the gargantuan heaven mecha-looking boss.

Yes this one --

Look @ 0:53 seconds of the trailer.

And currently this cover of a small snippet in the trailer is rocking me --

Oh and whilst mounted on Despair, if you press RB to cue it in front of some minion, Despair would dash over it and it'd die instantly! Pretty nifty instead of swaying the scythe a couple of times. Figured this out yesterday. :p

I remember this from Darksiders 1.

Got mauled by Gorewood.

And that backtracking part to collect all the collectibles is quite similar to Arkham Asylum. You get the abilities or gadgets later to reach inaccessible areas.

well im almost nearing its end and man this game is huge and fun and the music just fits beautifully in the atmosphere. and for those who are heading towards...

Soul Arbiters Maze in the tree of death, be prepared to fight atleast for 20-30 min's continuously. Also better find all the maps before go to this quest.

Had a fantastic weekend with the title plus the house-warming party as well! :D

Before calling it a day yesterday, I'd clocked 15 hours and 20 mins, leveled Death upto 15, unlocked several powers for Death, earned some 5L+ gilt after selling the unwanted loot to Vulgrim and the other traders, Chapter 1 of the Book of Dead unlocked and Vulgrim gifted Death some nice goodies, found the last missing limb of Oran and assembled him back to his original state, defeated Gorewood and Bheithir from the Forge Lands. :D

Defeated the Guardian and cleared the path to the Tree of Life, entered the portal to the Kingdom of the Dead, met Ostegoth who guided Death towards The Eternal Throne. Death is supposed to summon the Arena's champion and to do so, he must acquire three mystic stones. Found one and 2 more remain.

It looks like Kingdom of the Dead has fewer dungeons compared to the Forge Lands. Initially I felt this might be a map as big as the Forge Lands but it was too small. Ostegoth's relics are well rewarded just as Vulgrim would if you complete the chapter of the Book of the Dead. For one of the relics, Ostegoth would reward Death with gilt and for the other rare relic, with a skill point! That's good stuff I say. I am yet to defeat the Achidna and The Deposed King. I met the King in the depths of one of the dungeons but he was too hard for Death at Level 13. Slashing him with the heavier weapon barely reduced his health so decided to come back later. But it is possible to defeat him if we manage to steer clear of his shield bash attack and the sword sweep. I managed to bring down his health bar to the half before he slashed Death to death!

The OST for the Guardian boss battle was goosebumpingly awesome! Those who haven't cleared it yet, do not I repeat do NOT watch the video in the spoilers below!

That be the Ghost Hand ability, Sire.

Yes Sire! Death acquired that ability during the Saturday playthrough. I believe the ability to travel through portals is pending now.

I remember this from Darksiders 1.

Got mauled by Gorewood.

I do not remember much, it's been a while since I've played the first title. Besides, I have a bad memory! I also discovered that Death can get a momentary boost in the water while swimming as well by pressing RB, just as he would cue Despair for the dash.

Gorewood would be a tough adversary if you happened to face him during the early stages. Fortunately for me, I had leveled up to 8 or something when I faced him and had some health flasks as well. Besides, you need to drain his health until 90% of his health bar and Death's reaper form would appear finishing him with some final blows.

Back