Darksiders II - Discussion Thread

There is one major bug in the dungeon Psychameron ....
Did anyone happen to complete the Crucible challenge? I survived until Wave 8 when Death was at Level 14. Will give it another shot today.

Found this bug as well, i couldn't progress on the mission due to it, i had to fast travel back and then get back again.I completed the Crucible challenge, didn't like the rewards though. Soul Arbiter's Maze is the best though, however only start until you have all the maps of it, else it will take forever. Started purchasing possessed weapons from Vulgrim and upgrade them with all frost or shock abilities especially and purchase all of the advanced moves from the kingdom of death.

Fcuking finally! Completed the title a while back. :eek:hyeah:

The puzzles, platforming and the endless boss battles became a bit monotonous towards the conclusion. Bosses were way too easy and hardly posed a threat after Death was leveled up to 21 and the three ghouls started doing some serious damage once they were spawned. The hardest boss I must have faced must have been The Deposed King. But all in all a very good title and Vigil has managed to pull off a very good sequel that bettered the first game in every possible way. There was a lot of backtracking involved in the first title and unfortunately it does in the sequel as well. Towards the concluding chapters, I couldn't be bothered to find out the remaining chests that weren't accessible initially because Death lacked the ability. The addition of RPG elements to the game was a welcome change. Side quests, loot, trading, dialogues, character upgrades, NPC interactions, dungeon clearing and perhaps all the major parts of an RPG were covered but yet not so deep. Like I mentioned before, the game felt like a mashup of God of War, Prince of Persia, Legacy of Kain, Portal (hell yes!) etc. The concepts and the core gameplay remained the same. The soundtracks especially the ambient tracks and the boss battle tracks were so well done - kudos to Jesper Kyd! He has always been a winner in this segment.

The end-game status were as follows:

zfwNf.jpg

J1kou.jpg

Oh and please wait until the Credits sequence rolls out! :p

The platforming in this game could have been much better. In Prince of Persia, the camera always takes a very cinematic perspective during all the platforming sequences, which not only looked awesome, but also works in your favour telling you where to go. In Darksiders II the camera is almost always static behind Death, which isn't nice at all.

Now into psychameron. Fairly easy boss fights with The Bone Keeper and Tormentor. But that Undead General was kind of tough with his blocking shield charge.

And I am getting the title today, talk about late delivery of retail editions in India.

I can understand. I've received several titles late despite pre-ordering them. Uncharted 2 was one of them - when most of them received it before the Diwali holidays, DTDC failed to deliver it on time and I waited until the holidays were over. And took an off to complete it.

But you will have a good time with the title rest assured.

I can understand. I've received several titles late despite pre-ordering them. Uncharted 2 was one of them - when most of them received it before the Diwali holidays, DTDC failed to deliver it on time and I waited until the holidays were over. And took an off to complete it.

But you will have a good time with the title rest assured.

True, I am just complaining in the disparity of its delivery. I am not doubting OR casting aspersions on whether the game is worth it OR not.

Also, now I can popup here and annoy you chappies with any quest related issues. Cheerio!

The in-game save file says 25 hours and 20 minutes. That's pretty decent I reckon. For a hack and slash RPG. Might have missed a few chests here and there but all the side quests were completed. Chapter III of the Book of the Dead was also done. I think Chapter IV was remaining but I couldn't find the pages for Chapter IV. Perhaps it could be available from NG+ option.

and on the PC it is the kind of game you will be seeing once in a blue moon.
btw the pc features which were missing during launch will be deployed as an update later also they will also be fixing the resolution of the shadow maps. :D
so finally it maybe worth getting the pc version
@ALPHA17

Does the retail version activate on steam?

- - - Updated - - -

I really love getting around in this game's environment , you have to come up with solutions for getting from point a to point b ,you will know what iam talking once you're on the quest to defeat the arena champion.

I have played this game for 10hrs and now iam on my way to raise the dead lords for the king inorder to get to the well of souls so far this game feels like an elaborate "fetch me this XXXXX in order to get YYYY" :p well so much for plot i guess.the only thing that keeps me hooked on to the game is the environmental puzzle and the beautiful concept art and boss fights and also the OST

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the retail version activate on steam?

Almost close to ~3 hours in the first sitting, this is good. Death is a much more visceral character than War. Keyboard control mapping though not borderline insane [Resident Evil 4 on PC] is not a great thing, living with it somehow. The worst thing is to enter the in-game menu one has to constantly hit 'O', want to equip something hit 'O'. This could have been much better than rooting everything too 'O'.

Apart from that I am enjoying the story, the combat, the puzzles (although I encountered a glitch early on). The graphics are definitely not something to write home about and opening cut-scene animation of 'Dust' left me with a gaping mouth but they are not a complete eyesore.

And yes the retail version does activate on STEAM and promptly directs you to get a farkin' THQ account to play the game.

I am going back to those lands, need to unleash the tears of the Stonefather.

Good to know will defenetly get a original version of this once the price comes down :D

also dude this game is best played with the controller

Agreed. The trick is to balance out all the statistics and not concentrate too much on the attack or arcane levels.

For instance, those level 14 possessed double scythes you see there on the screenshot I'd posted above, none of the scythes I'd received later could match the properties of this pair. Not even those level 20 scythes. I merely collected them so I could sell them to some merchant. But the game ended by then. :unsure:

Good to know will defenetly get a original version of this once the price comes down

also dude this game is best played with the controller

Do not use a controller, I am the quintessential PC gamer; no controllers for me, it is the keyboard and the mouse that rule my house.

Now waiting for the damn HD-resolution texture patch, I know they can do little about the animation now but sincerely hope they can at-least improve the imagery a little. Although in close-ups I find Death a beautifully done character.

Also hoping that this game save THQ's bacon, cause next year Relic releases the masterpiece --> CoH 2. URRRRRRRAAAAHH!!

Back