Darksiders II - Discussion Thread

I'm sure all these DLCs will merely be weapon and armour based additions. The Xbox 360 version has already got around 15 of these already.

No, the first will add a new dungeon as well, it seems. But "rumors spread faster than the plague" to paraphrase from Dandelion.

Let us see, I need a new game to see me through an online campaign of TOTAL WAR: SHOGUN 2. And I have really lost all hopes with the FPS genre, just cannot bring myself to spend ~2500/- guineas for a 6 hour campaign mode without a semblance of structure and essence of Soul.

@Ethan_Hunt Sire have you played Specs OPs: The Line? What is your take on it? [if played]

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the first will add a new dungeon as well, it seems. But "rumors spread faster than the plague" to paraphrase from Dandelion.

Ethan_Hunt Sire have you played Specs OPs: The Line? What is your take on it? [if played]

The Argul's Tomb DLC? Yes. I completely missed that one. Not sure if they would keep adding the same with the remaining DLCs. Even the vanilla version, from what I've heard, has so much content to offer.

About Spec Ops, I thought it was mediocre. If you want my advice, pick up either Ghost Recon: Future Solider or Binary Domain. Binary Domain, not only offered a kick-ass SP campaign, but also had a good story to boot, which is rare, coming from a Japanese studio.

A screen-cap from the Beta version of Darksiders II PC:

93945666.jpg

:(

The Argul's Tomb DLC? Yes. I completely missed that one. Not sure if they would keep adding the same with the remaining DLCs. Even the vanilla version, from what I've heard, has so much content to offer.

Yep, that said I just might hold out and see, if the content offered by the DLC's is worth it I would go for it in the STEAM Winter Sales run; Savings and contentment [pun intended].

Most probable I will give Spec OPS a run, heard that the game has some interesting moments later in its story. Not keen on playing an over-powered US Delta operative OR Binary Domain on the PC [heard controls are crummy and unresponsive].

It is a BETA, hope things have progressed from this point on. But look at the bright-side of things at-least you can tweak the resolutions unlike Dark Souls PC-Port-Died Edition.

The Darksiders 2 Season Pass will let gamers pre-purchase all three planned add-ons for a discounted rate. All three expansions promise "significant new single player content," with the first being available roughly one month after the game ships. The second and third packs are planned to drop every month afterwards.
Darksiders 2 will have a DLC season pass - Video Game News, Videos and File Downloads for PC and Console Games at Shacknews.com

I think it will be a good idea to wait for a GOTY version in Steam sale, the next Summer Sale maybe. The Winter Sale will not cover all the DLCs, although we might get a discount on the main game, I am not expecting 75% sale though.

I'm starting to like this game , the visuals are upped and gameplay is somewhat like Prince of Persia and bosses are easy :p

Confirmed the above posted screenshot is the only setting you will find within the game. Additional .ini or cfg tweaks not confirmed yet.

Confirmed the above posted screenshot is the only setting you will find within the game. Additional .ini or cfg tweaks not confirmed yet.

@Ethan_Hunt, this from the icrontic article that Gannu had posted earlier, the .cfg file will be present it seems. With better controls for the PC gamers who love the mouse + keyboard combo.

On the question of graphics options, I was told by both Fitzloff and Everett that the PC version will have a fully tweakable config file as well as the standard in-game graphics options for various resolutions, settings, and options. However, if you want to get really deep, the config file will be there.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/x7uzc/i_am_at_thq_right_now_with_unrestricted_access_to/

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

@ALPHA17: I checked on another forum and seems like there isn't any ini tweaks either. So it's just a bare-bone version.

I dont think people should start dissing this game as a bad PC port because of the lack of graphics settings ,this game runs well and looks good tooo .the audio is brilliant the graphics are utterly gorgeous and death sure does have some really sic moves up his sleeves,i have just started playing the game defeated War and so far iam blown a way by it.this game is a SOLID PC port.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

and one more ting if you havent bought a xbox 360 controller for your PC yet its about high time you did.this game absolutely rocks with the controller.

Well no one said it's a bad port, but Vigil games could have stepped up and took some extra care for the PC enhancements. This was also informed by the game's producer, that the custom tweaks would be allowed, as mentioned above. The V-sync option in the game is completely broken. I had to force it through nVidia's control panel. The game does look gorgeous and the frame rates are absolutely stable. I played it for around half-an-hour or so and it's fantastic. Death is so much more faster than War in every way. The RPG elements are pretty deep this time. I'll have to inspect more later on. The soundtrack is something, which I guarantee, will blow you away. There were 2 boss fights in the small amount of time that I played it for and that's a really good sign. Looking forward to this weekend and since my Friday's leave got approved, this is just the title I needed. :D

Reviews are not too good.

7 / 10 is decent for me, considering that no one is complaining about the gameplay I am happy, hope the keyboard + mouse control mapping is good. Although I am disappointed in the graphics section, it is acceptable for me to go out [of the game] and crank the settings.

Maybe the game may not be the creme dela-creme of the games released this year but as long as it satisfies my gaming urge [with memorable moments] and saves THQ's bacon in the the process I am fine.

Well no one said it's a bad port, but Vigil games could have stepped up and took some extra care for the PC enhancements. This was also informed by the game's producer, that the custom tweaks would be allowed, as mentioned above. The V-sync option in the game is completely broken. I had to force it through nVidia's control panel. The game does look gorgeous and the frame rates are absolutely stable. I played it for around half-an-hour or so and it's fantastic. Death is so much more faster than War in every way. The RPG elements are pretty deep this time. I'll have to inspect more later on. The soundtrack is something, which I guarantee, will blow you away. There were 2 boss fights in the small amount of time that I played it for and that's a really good sign. Looking forward to this weekend and since my Friday's leave got approved, this is just the title I needed. :D

Darksiders II - PCGamingWiki PCGW - Bugs, fixes and workarounds

Download this tool it will eliminate all your Vsync issues.
So far iam lovin the game. the visuals are really :O

but its better if you sit a bit far from the monitor because upclose the textures seem really shitty.

Reviews are not too good.
Well the game has lots of bugs, what they say in the reviews - sound disappearing in between, graphical glitches. Leaves a bad taste. Combat is great but dodging is a bit bad. Its annoying specially considering you cant block. Small, small things shave points.

Back